bluedevilboy

Pretty much a regular
Put $100 on a 6 team parlay...

Virginia +12
Ole Miss -26
BYU +3
South Florida +28
Rice +16

last remaining game is Jags +3..would you hedge or ride it out?

$200/$8,000 40/1

I'd play at least 5* on the Carolina ML at -152 and hope for a middle....gotta make sure you pull a profit after that work....gl brah....\m/

The guy has hit the first 5 of 6 legs of a parlay, kindly asks for advice and you question his 6th play instead!? Nice.

imagegif

Anyways....if it's me, I play $3,200k to win $2k on the Carolina ML. This way, you guarantee yourself either $4,800 or $1,900. AND, you still have a couple points to middle it and slam both. Good luck!!!

Thanks for your support

I'm not trying to be a dick about it but I see this so often and it just doesn't make any sense. Parlaying games on different days doesn't make sense unless you can't get down as much money. If you left out the jags on the ticket and then put a straight bet on the jags with the winnings it would be the same thing. Putting the jags in early is just putting you in a disadvantage because you're locking it in early. Most people do not realize this. The books aren't giving you additional winnings in parlays.

The point is you put the jags in there for a reason. This is why parlays are called sucker bets. They make you put in extra energy into thinking about the wagers and bring in way too many unneeded emotions into it. Just my opinion. I always say to let it ride because you put the team in there for a reason.

Cherry Wheat? This is the worst advice ever.

Get some real beer & hedge knowing you're going to profit. All depends if you're in this to make money or for the thrill of gambling experience. I'll hedge even small bets.

Better to win a small bet than to lose a big one.

If it's me, I'm making sure I make $3000 minimum regardless of how you want to slice it. It's an automatic hedge. The problem people have with hedging is they look at it as a loser if the parlay hits. Never easy to cost yourself an extra few grand when hedging. It should be looked at as an automatic winner.

GL today and good work! I've never been one to hedge but that's due to my degenerate mentality as a gambler. If I had parlayed 6 teams like you did, it would have been because I thought I had a good shot to win it. So after the first 5 teams come through why on earth would I not let it ride at this point? That's like someone saying if you take the Jags -3 for $100 I'll pay you 4K if you win. How many here wouldn't not plop the $100 down?

GL either way :prayer

Back