Nebraska QB Sam Keller out for the year

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

Just saw it on College football Live. Anybody know anything about their backup?

Joe Ganz

It's a mobile and athletic qb that knows very well Callahan's playbook. He is a junior that can produce (if I can say so) the same number as Keller.
He's gonna be the starter next year.

nebraska is in soo much trouble right now, i haven't seen much of them this year but i do not think this program is an easy fix.

GL husker fans.

When Keller went down in the fourth quarter, Ganz led NU down the field in a hurry-up offense situation and completed a touchdown pass to Maurice Purify and a two-point conversion pass to Nate Swift.

"He's been prepared and trained for this particular role," Callahan said. "We're excited to see Joe (Ganz) in the line-up. I've got all the confidence in the world in his abilities and it will be exciting to watch him play against Kansas on Saturday."

During spring practice and fall camp, Keller edged out Ganz for the starting quarterback spot. Ganz has been with Callahan since day one in Lincoln, so the knowledge he brings to the table should make this a much smoother transition than one might expect.

<!--Start Joey Ganz camp 200 Image--><SCRIPT language=Javascript>document.write(insertImage('http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/928/523272.jpg', '523272.jpg', 0, 267, 200, 1, 'Joe Ganz said he\'s ready to step in and be the guy.', '', 1193683640000, 'Joey Ganz camp 200', 928, 'Align=Right'));</SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=6 rowSpan=3>
spacer1.gif
</TD><TD width=202>
523272.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=3>
spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Joe Ganz said he's ready to step in and be the guy.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- End Joey Ganz camp 200 Image-->"Joe is very well prepared and very well repped in terms of his preparation," Callahan said. "There's not a problem whatsoever in his readiness. He'll be competitive on Saturday and he will give it his all. He's excited about this opportunity and I think our team and our staff has the utmost confidence in his ability. We lose a good player, but we feel confident we have another good player stepping up and stepping in."

Ganz is actually probably better for Nebraska than Sammy. I wish I was joking because I'm friends with Sam, but I'm not...

He is a junior that can produce (if I can say so) the same number as Keller.

HOMER ALERT!!!

Ganz has thrown a grand total of 13 passes in his career. Very foolish to think that a guy with such inexperience can come in and produce as much as a guy who started at ASU and then at Nebraska. Keller completed 63% of his passes for 2422 yds and a 14-10 TD-INT ratio. Not overwhelming TD stats, but certainly good enough to win.

Most of Nebraska's problems lie on defense, where they lost the entire defensive line from last season and have struggled to stop the run, which obviously sets up the pass against their secondary.

Back