Nebraska/Georgia Discussion

C-MAN

Pretty much a regular
Rematch of last year's New Years Day bowl game. I originally leaned Georgia as I am not a fan of this Nebraska team or coach. The more I look though, I am warming up to Nebraska. I see a lot of Georgia love on the boards, so would love to hear some thoughts.

I had Georgia in this game last year and Nebraska hung with a much better Georgia team until late in the game. Murray threw for 400+ yards and 5 TD's in that game. Georgia has been unimpressive away from home this season. Nebraska has won the games they were supposed to win despite playing with a third string QB. Nebraska should be the more motivated team. This just smells like a one possession game to me.

I'm on Nebraska for the mere fact that I feel that while Georgia is a pretty solid team they don't have their leader and I feel this game is going to a ground game which always lends me towards taking the points.

Both teams should be able to run it for sure egg. Don't see 400/5TD from Geo this time and that may be the difference. Does anybody have info/stats on bowl rematches. I do not recall it happening very often in b2b seasons. Will Geo be motivated?

I expect Nebraska's QB situation will be a problem today. Too much talent on Georgia for Nebraska to deal with.

Nebraska is 3-1 ATS on the road and 2-0 ATS on grass this season.

Georgia is 1-5 ATS on the road and 3-7-1 ATS on grass this season.

I expect Nebraska's QB situation will be a problem today. Too much talent on Georgia for Nebraska to deal with.

No doubt the QB is bad, but they have been playing and doing well without Martinez most of the year. I was never a fan of Martinez anyways.

Nebraskas defense is atrocious from what ive seen unless they got better throughout the season...SOS of 54 vs 20 for Georgia

I know there will be more ground and pound then passing but maybe the over is worth a look since both defenses can be quite porous? We finally saw an over last night, maybe more to follow.

Nebraskas defense is atrocious from what ive seen unless they got better throughout the season...SOS of 54 vs 20 for Georgia

Neither defense is very good. Georgia has given up more yards and points than Nebraska this year.

Back