Nebraska AD out

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Announced he will retire next week. Not sure if he was pushed or just decided he had enough

I hope they get a guy who knows they should move back to the Big 12. Sometimes I wonder if OU fans aren't more pissed off about the demise of Husker football than the Husker fans.

It amazes me they don't move back. The move has been a disaster for them. They have no rivalries, no recruiting base, and they have not won even so much as a conference title in the lifetime of kids they are trying to recruit now.

No surprise the move is a disaster. They made it because of money and the fact they felt they didn't get respect they deserved in the Big 12. I agree with the latter feeling. They were one of the greatest programs in history and should have been treated that way.

But they have zero respect in the Big 10--when the Big 10 suits decided not to play football last fall and Nebraska protested the commissioner said, "no one cares what Nebraska thinks."

And the extra money they got is peanuts compared to what they lost.

They'll probably never come back to the Big 12, but they'll never regain the status they once had in the Big 10

Back