NE/Philly....GOY

Phillyroom

Pretty much a regular
If the line is under 20...NE here I come...looking to place about 10K on the game.

Honestly..Philly has looked like shit in the last few games...they should have lost today...luck for them that McNabb was injured...and this will be a even bigger bet if Mcnabb is playing...I expect the score to be like 51-9 or something in that range...

NE -22 $2500
(NE -22ish pending $7500)

:cheers:

Last edited:
I think New England is always a good bet especially vs the EAGLES.

I figure if ROMO beat the Eagles by 20+ in Philly, the Eagles will not stop the passing attack of the Pats. I also expect the Pats to be sharper and sharper every week until they get the record. They seem like cyborgs with no emotion and will accept nothing less than perfection.

Phillys vaunted D is a thing of the past, and you have to look no further than linebackers and safety play if you wanna beat the PATS. Read my other thread that I will post soon about drafting

Love it bro...

Only played one niffel play last two weeks..under at Ford Field today but this game deserves a play if line isn't too shitty

for an early line i'm showing with McNabb in it's NE 18/53, and with McNabb out i'ts 22/51??!!! Damn, never thought i'd see a line that high. haha.

Yeah, you want it to be McNabb. Although, without him they might win by 30+.

Look, I love the Birds, but the model for this game will be what happened to Philly in Indy last year on MNF.

This will probably be the first time I've bet against them in five years.

That said, whenever I bet against my teams it usually turns out to be a jinx so if I end up killing all our wagers, I apologize in advance.

Just curious- what's the biggest lines anyone has seen in the NFL? Will the pats next few weeks be some the biggest lines ever?

Just curious- what's the biggest lines anyone has seen in the NFL? Will the pats next few weeks be some the biggest lines ever?

no clue who RJ Bell is:

Sports bettor RJ Bell, who runs a betting Web site, said his research shows that the biggest point spread since 1980 came in 1993 when San Francisco was a 23-point favorite over Cincinnati, a game the 49ers won just 21-8. During that time, there have been only five games with a point spread of more than 20 points.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21775365/

They're going to keep this line off all week with Donovan being gimpy.

Donovan may not even practice this week, but Andy's already said if he can go he will.

So that sets up a potential situation where they don't even put up a line until Saturday.

This is becoming an insane scenario. 20+ points and that probably would not get enough action on Philly...

What is the super Bowl right now in Vegas? might be a good time to grab the AFC now and middle later..

Not sure about Vegas, but most online books posted AFC (-14.5) last week.

Not sure about Vegas, but most online books posted AFC (-14.5) last week.

Wow. I hadn't seen that. I'd take the Cowboys and 14.5 right now I think. I'd like to hear other opinions on the Super Bowl line..

Would you take the Cowboys or Packers +14.5 vs NE right now?

I go to Vegas each year for the Super Bowl and am dreading this potential line.

I too was thinking +14.5 had some value.

But that was during a Patriots bye week. Now I've reconsidered.

You're basically betting on the Patriots not making the Super Bowl. Or, more likely, betting on Brady getting a season-ending injury.

I wouldn't take Dallas +14.5, their defense isn't good enough and they talked a lot of s**t after that loss. NE would make them eat it.

I'd consider GB at 14.5, but the problem would be Farve, once they got down 17 he might rally for the comeback or throw 14 going the other way because he'd be forcing it.

New Englands gonna clamp down on Westbrook and make the receivers beat them...which isnt exactly the receivers strong points...

On defense, Quinten Mikkel is banged up - no idea who would start at safety if he couldnt go. JR Reed was filling in during the 2nd half on sunday, but hes primarily a return guy.

Also theres the whole Super Bowl that the Pats CHEATED to "win" and are gonna somehow blame Philly for rightfully pointing out that they were no good dirty CHEATERS and should give back their rings after they got caught CHEATING. But in their minds if they win 100-3, that erases the fact that they CHEATED to "win" the super bowl.

This is gonna get ugly...and that not a knock against Philly, its just gonna get ugly regardless of who the Pats play at this point...Ive pretty much accepted that them winning the super bowl and every game by 30+ from here on out is an inevitability

The real question is whats that Jets line gonna be?

Do i hear 30?

Personally I wouldnt touch anything less than +49.5

i told myself at the beginning of the nfl season that i should bet the pats ats every game this season... i didn't listen to myself and the pats are 9-1 ats... i will likely be on the pats too... gl to us

i told myself at the beginning of the nfl season that i should bet the pats ats every game this season... i didn't listen to myself and the pats are 9-1 ats... i will likely be on the pats too... gl to us

i had bet the Pats about 4 times early on, and passed vs. Washington because i thought they'd have trouble with the defense.

I've been betting them line-unseen ever since, and luckily buying the Colts game down to 4 early on. Best... push... ever.

Yeah, I don't really want to break this game down because it's just going to make me sad, but here are some quick points.

The Eagles' WRs can't generate separation so they won't respect them. As Smoke says, they'll focus on Westbrook and contain him--basically the same game plan they used to beat the Rams in their first SB with Faulk.

Donovan, already gimpy, won't be able to move much and he'll put a lot of balls in the dirt and take some sacks.

On defense is where it's going to really hurt, though.

The Eagles' pass rush right now is a mess. Kearse has been benched, Howard is a bust. They're not generating the pressure you need with your front four, so they have to blitz. Well, that's great, only Considine is out for the year at safety and I'll be surprised if Mikel plays either. Even if he does, he's going to be very slow.

That means no real help over the top other than from Dawkins who they'll have to blitz occasionally and will pretty much be the only safety valve they have and he can't pick up everybody.

The corners I like, but they're not big, Moss can kill them all day with his size.

So other than the fact that I don't see them generating much pressure, not being able to match up on the outside, and not being able to move the ball much, I think they've got a great shot this week.

=|

Yeah, I don't really want to break this game down because it's just going to make me sad, but here are some quick points.

The Eagles' WRs can't generate separation so they won't respect them. As Smoke says, they'll focus on Westbrook and contain him--basically the same game plan they used to beat the Rams in their first SB with Faulk.

Donovan, already gimpy, won't be able to move much and he'll put a lot of balls in the dirt and take some sacks.

On defense is where it's going to really hurt, though.

The Eagles' pass rush right now is a mess. Kearse has been benched, Howard is a bust. They're not generating the pressure you need with your front four, so they have to blitz. Well, that's great, only Considine is out for the year at safety and I'll be surprised if Mikel plays either. Even if he does, he's going to be very slow.

That means no real help over the top other than from Dawkins who they'll have to blitz occasionally and will pretty much be the only safety valve they have and he can't pick up everybody.

The corners I like, but they're not big, Moss can kill them all day with his size.

So other than the fact that I don't see them generating much pressure, not being able to match up on the outside, and not being able to move the ball much, I think they've got a great shot this week.

=|

Wow..you nailed it on the spot...I have to agree with you and say this is going to be a serious blowout...

Again, though, I qualify that by saying whenever I got against one of my teams they tend to beat me.

There are rare exceptions, but by and large, they nail me.

lets hope not...joe

Taking NE -22 for $2500 right now...will have to go to vegas over the weekend to place the rest...cannot find someone to take the other $7500...

Well, shows you what I know.

Olympic put up 22.5 and 50.

I bought it to 21, played the over, and teased it.

May God, Dick Vermiel, Chuck Bednarik, and Harold Carmichael have mercy on my soul.

Oh, in fairness to Philly, this line is five points higher than it really should be.

Granted, I think they cover it. But really, 22.5 when they only laid 17 at home against the Browns?

This is a total overreaction to last night.

Sadly I still think they clear 42, probably 45 as well. The question is can Philly get to 21--I think maybe, but I have trouble seeing them getting to 28.

Probably more like 45-16/17, or 52-20. Just a guess.

What about Jaws and Wilbert Montgomery?

Jaws has his own fish to fry and he seems like too nice a guy to make me pay for this, but Wilbert is welcome to take his shots too.

Honestly, I'd love nothing more than to see the Eagles win.

They could lose every game the rest of the season and I'd be fine with it.

This is their Super Bowl, it's their chance at revenge and redemption for the SB they lost.

Unfortunately NE has gotten better since then, Philly has gotten worse in a talent sense. Maybe if Philly picks up Chad Johnson, some guys on defense, and they play this game in Philly next year I can bet it going the other way.

But right here, I hate to say it, but it should be bad.

Good luck to you, too, Philly.

I got a bad price, I had to pay 140, but I'll live. I actually like the over more.

it sucks I can't find Pats TT anywhere.

I've been taking that bet every week and only lost once, (Colts game)

Thegreek only has 1st Half Pats TT of 21, I like it but I'd much rather like a 35 for the game.

Back