NCAAF Wednesday 11/19

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD 76-80 = -325

Kent St/Buffalo over 44 (30 units)

I am a very dangerous combination of stubborn mixed with a healthy does of stupid.

GL

This isn't the same MAC that we've grown to enjoy watching. This is some pretty bad offensive football. There's an opportunity to make some coin in the Bowl games with these teams because I think the totals will be set too high based on reputation.
Its the first time in many many years that I find this league to be more D2 like. GL

Good points KTR99. The weather is an obvious factor but without the weather this total would be 60 not 44. I think the books made an adjustment on the total because of the weather but I think they just went too far. 11 hours as opposed to the usual 3 1/2 hours is a lot longer but I know these kids and that just means they napped or played their games longer on the bus. I don't think that will have an effect but you are right the weather definitely will. GL

I agree Wise. MAC is not good football and it is definitely worth looking at in the bowls unless the non MAC school can carry the scoring load in those games. GL

Weather should NOT be a factor tonight for the UB game. At the UB campus, they have had what amounts to a dusting of snow thus far (it's 6 inches or so really), and have escaped any serious snowfall. Classes haven't been cancelled at all, everything is going on as normal. Of course, it will be cold tonight, but UB has not seen anywhere near the snow as some of the other areas around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you concerned with the 4 ft of snow in the area and the 11 hr drive that Kent State had to get to Buffalo?
I lean to the under with the cold conditions.

Both MAC games last night went under.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/2014/11/18/kent-state-football/19255131/

That 4 feet of snow is about 5-10 miles South (and further). It's been really odd, as I have about 18" at my house, but literally a mile down the road from us got hit with 4 feet. It's been very spotty as far as where the snow has hit, but there is almost a line separating the heavy hit areas and the not so heavy hit areas (or those not hit at all). The UB campus is safely in the not so heavy hit area, and they may not have been hit with more than a dusting.

Thanks for the update Lareux. I appreciate it. GL

You got it. I will keep everyone updated as far as the weather goes in this thread, and in the discussion thread that Fondy started. There is more snow forecast for tonight, but as of now, it again looks like Amherst (where the UB campus is located) will be spared. There may be a little snowfall, but it shouldn't be heavy. I will continue to check the forecasts, and even take a drive out to the stadium if I have a chance and see what's going on.

You got it. I will keep everyone updated as far as the weather goes in this thread, and in the discussion thread that Fondy started. There is more snow forecast for tonight, but as of now, it again looks like Amherst (where the UB campus is located) will be spared. There may be a little snowfall, but it shouldn't be heavy. I will continue to check the forecasts, and even take a drive out to the stadium if I have a chance and see what's going on.
:shake:

As was pointed out in the discussion thread, the UB game has been postponed for tonight. It was postponed because Kent St's equipment truck has yet to make it to UB. For some reason, that truck took a different route than the team took yesterday...and is still stuck on the road...

BUFFALO, NY – The State University of New York, Buffalo football game against Kent State, originally scheduled for Wednesday night has been postponed due to travel issues with Kent State's equipment truck. The teams are working with the Mid-American Conference to reschedule the game.

Officials will reconvene tomorrow morning to explore playing the game on Thursday or on an alternative date.
Further details concerning when the game will be rescheduled will be provided when available.

Thanks again Lareux for the updates.

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well I have to take something tonight so I will try

BG/Toledo under 56 1/2 (20 units)

I know unders and I are strange partners but Toledo may have to start their kicker at QB. Even if the other guy plays it won't feel too good in the cold. Stats say over but in this one I will respect the cold snap. GL

I'm on this too w2w, except I took it this morning at 54.5, now I see it's up to 60. Would've been a great middle if I dusted off the crystal ball earlier...I feel good though knowing that you like an under.

:prayer

Back