• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

NCAAF Bowls 2023

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +720 - Yeah. It surprises me too.

41 bowl games so let's get to it.

Alabama +1 1/2 -220/+200

Bama as a dog against Michigan is a joke. Blood would bet all the money he and Tracy ever had on the Tide. I'll settle for a nice college football season for once.

No, I'm not betting anymore of the bowls. This is it.

A rant........

And yes, Florida St should be in. I thought this was a football playoff not a committee grading system. And based on their decisions for this year if McCarthy for Michigan breaks his leg in practice before the January 1st playoff game does that mean Michigan is removed from the playoff? And yes, Georgia should be in as well. Reigning champion, #1 team in the country and lose one game in two years by a field goal and you are out? Last year Ohio St was #2, lost to Michigan and still remained #2.

And don't be thinking next year with 12 teams will be any less fucked up. I can already tell you 10 of the 12 teams. Winner and 2nd team with best record in ACC, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. Throw in the third and 4th place SEC teams and there you have it with two unbeaten teams if there are any outside those conferences. And god forbid your QB gets hurt in the championship game because even if you are undefeated you will be out of the playoff.

Your undefeated team is out based on someone's opinion of your competitiveness even though you were ranked in the top 4 and won your conference and finished UNDEFEATED? I don't care what your or the medias opinion of this was, shame on that selection committee.

Here's a prediction for you ..... It won't be 2025 before the leagues realize they are fucking up their teams chances to make the playoffs unless they drop those stupid conference championships. What's the point? The big leagues will get two of their teams in if they don't risk the chance of one of them losing in the conference championship game. That game will become meaningless. GL

GL on the action W2W

Not that my opinion means a hell of a lot and I thinks its terrible FSU isnt in the final 4 , but honestly I think the committee got it right and the 4 best teams got the playoff bids. We wont ever have to worry about it again aftyer this year because they are going to 12 teams next year

A lot of people are saying that Cash. My point is the committee shouldn't get anything right. They should break ties with teams with the same records but they can't demote teams that are undefeated because they think other teams could beat them. This is saying the season FSU played meant nothing going undefeated and winning their conference title game.

Next year it will be worse because it will still be a popularity contest at the whim of the committee. You will see undefeated teams left out of the playoff again because the big 10 conference with 16 basically shitty teams will land 3 of those spots for the same reason which is the committee "feels" those are the best teams.

This expanded format to 12 teams will be the death of those conference championship games after next year when a team is eliminated because it lost the conference championship game. Why play those when all you are doing is kicking out one of your teams from the Playoff? The reason the conferences will use is it is one lest game to play for their "student" athletes because they will have to play one more in the playoffs. The truth is they can have two undefeated teams from their conferences in the top 4 with byes.

And someone better keep these portal moves on hold until after the final game or this will get more out of hand than it already is. Death of college football unless they get ahold of this. If you think I'm wrong tell me all these bowls are worth watching when no one knows who will take the field with all the transfers and pro moves. The Missouri/Ohio State game is already going to be played with junior varsity starters and that is far from the only one. GL

With the expanded playoff next year the non playoff bowls become even more meaningless. Watch em now and stands are empty. Just ESPN filler money. Can see them and conference championships going away.

GL on the action W2W

Not that my opinion means a hell of a lot and I thinks its terrible FSU isnt in the final 4 , but honestly I think the committee got it right and the 4 best teams got the playoff bids. We wont ever have to worry about it again aftyer this year because they are going to 12 teams next year
Agree. Last thing I wanted to see is a team without their starting QB in the playoffs. FSU wasn’t the same team ending the season. Alabama vs Michigan is a much more compelling Rose Bowl matchup. I think the committee had an out and took it. Had the FSU starting QB been healthy then there’s a true dilemma trying to get 5 pegs into 4 slots. I’m surprised this issue hasn’t happened sooner with the Power 5 but the PAC 12 has been so bad and the Big 12 not good enough at times. How many times have we seen 2 SEC or 2 Big 10 teams in because of how bad the other conferences have been?
The SEC has won 13 out of 17 Natty’s and Bama just beat the best team and broke their 29 game winning streak. Bama clearly much improved since losing to Texas in September. Texas beat Bama and there you have it. GL

With the expanded playoff next year the non playoff bowls become even more meaningless. Watch em now and stands are empty. Just ESPN filler money. Can see them and conference championships going away.
12 teams is so ridiculous. This is ridiculous with 4. Regular season is effectively worthless now, upsets in conference season will be unmemorable. Sucks.

At one point they talked about filling these early bowls with those early playoff games but you simply can't expect fans/alumni to travel around the country week to week for neutral site games. Oh and the top 4 will get byes into a home field game in r2 against a team that played last week. Lmao that this will give more teams a chance. It will segregate it even more than it already is.

Wish they'd just split from the NCAA and go semi-pro and get it over with. The product isn't satisfying but to a few bases at this point. Grats to them I guess.

Back