NCAA Week Six

SHSUHorn

Thief
NCAA 2008 YTD 37-20 +50.70 UNITS

A card full of faves. Yikes. The Big 12 is getting a lot of props this year but still to me there is a huge difference in talent from the top 6 to the bottom 6 teams. The Big 12 lines just seem to low for some of the top teams so I’m going to ride a couple of them. More to come later tonight…

BYU –28.5 @ Utah St. (5 UNITS)

BYU has won its last two games 103-0 while the Aggies have lost its two games vs ranked opponents this year by a combined 90 points. BYU needs to keep piling on impressive wins and not letting off the gas if it wants a shot at the BCS bowls. No need to go into this game as it has a 45-3 type feel to me.

wow great start to the game for ya 24-0 after the 1st. Good shit.

Texas –14 @ Colorado (5 UNITS)

Almost grabbed this game last week at –7 in the GOY lines but waited to see how the defense would play vs Arkansas. Fuck me. I must say I thought Texas was a little overrated going into the season and bet against them last week. I’m starting to drink the koolaid a bit based on what DC Will Muschamp has brought to the team. If I’m Clemson I have my eyes set on making a run at this guy to be their head coach next season.

CU had difficulty vs the FSU pass rush all game long. The CU OL is down to a handful of available scholarship o-lineman due to its third season ending injury at the position. Muschamp seems to be rolling out his defensive playbook more and more with each game. Some may think he is saving it for OU but he is already been on record saying the players need to have gamereps still to perfect it. What he’s rolled out so far is a defense that leads the nation in sacks and has a ridiculous rotation coming off the edge (Orakpo, Kindle, Melton, Jones, and Acho).

That’s going to be a huge mismatch in this game when Texas will be able to throw fresh bodies off the edge at a weak, and inexperienced OL.

This has all the makings of a classic look ahead game with OU and Mizzu coming up but I’m sure the fiasco of last signing day of the recruitment of Darrell Scott will have the coaches and players plenty fired up. Scott had been rumored to have committed to Texas leading up to the day before the signing day and let’s just leave it at things got very ugly. Hagan made some comments about Applewhite, Scott’s mothers involvement at the end, and slew of other stuff I won’t get into….

It pissed Mack Brown off so much that “if we are up big again..we aren’t letting our foot off the gas” is a rumored quote to have come from his mouth in reference to Texas handing the ball off tackle every play midway through the third quarter when they were up 70-3 in the 2005 Big 12 title game. The text I got from a player is the team is really ready to kick the shit out of them and you wouldn’t know the team is playing OU next week on how the coaches have been on them about CU this week in practice.

Texas A&M @ Oklahoma St. –23.5 (8 UNITS)

The best play on the board and my biggest bet of the young season so far. OSU leads the nation in rushing and have one the best WRs in the country you’ve never heard of in Dez Bryant. The Aggies are just a putrid football team right now and the DL has been getting blown off the ball and will here in this matchup. The A&M defense ranks 115th against the run and let an Army team that might have the worst offense in the country move the ball on them. Okie St. is going to have a field day rushing the ball.

Kansas –13 @ Iowa St. (4 UNITS)

The key to the ISU offense is the mobility of whichever QB they have in the game Arnaud or Bates. KU has the best LB corp in the Big 12 and the speed to contain the ISU offense much like it did in last years 45-7 blowout win. ISU hasn’t seen anyone the caliber of Todd Reesing who has been playing lights out early on for KU. ISU has improved under Chizik but still won’t be able to stay within 2 TDs even at home.

Mizzu –11 @ Nebraska (4 UNITS)

Who cares if the Tigers haven’t won at Lincoln in 30 years. The Huskers don’t have the option anymore and Mizzu has never had a QB/WR combo of Daniels and Macklin in those 30 years.

Virginia Tech has a horrible offense and was able to move the ball plenty through the air vs a spotty Husker secondary. How in the world are they going to stop what I feel is the best offense in America?

Florida –22 @Arkansas (5 UNITS)

Florida will want to bounce back with a strong performance against a god awful Arkansas team. The Razorback games vs Texas and Alabama were pretty telling as they couldn’t do anything on offense or defense but even when they played the shit teams on their OOC schedule they needed huge 4th quarter comebacks to win the games late.

South Carloina @ Ole Miss –2.5 (4 UNITS)

I’m going to ride the Rebels again this week as this team is much beeter then the 3-2 record would indicate. Spurrier will continue to bench his QBs left and right as Garcia will be his lastest victim but the issue may be more along the OL as they haven’t been giving any QB Spurrier has put out there time to throw. In a close matchup on the road SC is going to have to turn around its putrid red zone offense and I just don’t see it happening with this OL regardless of who is at QB.

Stanford @ Notre Dame –7.5 (3 UNITS)

Like the matchup here of Notre Dame’s OL who has been playing great of late vs the Standford defense that blitzes like hell but leaves the secondary exposed for big time passing yards. The young kids at the skill position for ND was suppose to be about another year away but they seem to be improving with each week. I like the Irish here at home to win pretty convincingly.

Hawaii @ Fresno St –21.5 (4 UNITS)

This isn’t the same Hawaii team we are used to seeing. Losing its coach and a bunch of playmakers on offense isn’t going to help against a FSU team that has played solid football early on this season. The QBs have been INT machines and well…the key factor is this game is not in Hawaii.

last week dog plays, this week all chalk. BOL Horn!! Love the TX play and I'm gonna jump on them as long as I can get under 2 TD. Okie will run and gun all over the pathetic "gig em" aggies this weekend!! BOL man, gonna head out to Lake Charles for the weekend!!

tough loss on that BS BYU game man!! Thought they would keep the teams scorless and would have meant something if they did, I guess they didnt giv a fuk!!

Just an FYI, I was looking at the Kansas game and talked to my Kansas guy. He said to stay away. I don't expect Kansas to come out throwing all over the field and, while KU is the better team, Ames is a strange place. Lots of strange things happen on that field and, as you said, the Big 12 lines look weird. THey can't all be wrong.

Your -23.5 for Oklahoma State is better than any line I saw, but I see this as a 38-20 game, myself. I'm just not confident enough to take A&M and the points. Both my OSU and A&M guys said to stay away.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Florida play and I'll also be on Missouri. Laying back hoping it might drop from fanatic Huskers who put down big bucks after tailgating and getting drunk. But, that window will be small, as early morning losers will be looking for a late winner. I think this line drops to 10 and then skyrockets to 13, possibly even 14 before game time. Not that it matters. Mizzou should win by 4 TDs, but no reason to not play it safe with a 10.

Mort. KU gets it best cover CB and best returning WR back this week after injuries. I'm not saying it's a cover, but these guys are will help.

SHSU, I finally made a major plunge. First, I'm with you on Texas. But, and I will probably regret this horribly, but I'm officially backing the Aggies +26! I'm insane.

The top 6 teams in the Big 12 went 5-1 ATS vs the lower teams. Now they are going to start facing each other...

I think OU takes care of Texas in the RRS.

Back