NCAA Week Fourteen

SHSUHorn

Thief
NCAA 2008-2009 67-54 +32.25

Texas A&M @ Texas –35 (5 UNITS) & OVER 67.5 (2 UNITS)

We all know Texas has to pile on the points to impress the voters and Colt will probably stay in the game longer to do that. Brown will probably try to stay classy and use the excuse that he was trying to get Colt the Heisman at his post game conference.

Make no mistake though from a player I’ve been texting with that Texas is going to pull out all the stops to really impress the voters and blow A&M out. They know what’s going on with the BCS and have been told you win this next game and we’ll take care of the rest (i.e. the PR machine).

A&M has won the last two years and that will probably favor into Texas really blowing the doors off them even more. This Aggie team is one of the worst I’ve probably ever seen in terms of next level talent. A Texas blowout also won’t bode well for a new Aggie coaching staff in recruiting in the state and I’m sure the Texas coaching staff knows that.

The A&M defense is one of the worst in the country and I can see Texas scoring at least 50-60 points of the total.

With a spread this big you typically worry about the backdoor being wide open but there are just too many factors for Texas not to let their foot off the gas.

LSU –4.5 @ Arkansas (3 UNITS)

The best weapon on the LSU offense, Charles Scott, should have a helluva a day against the worst run defense in the SEC. Why LSU waited this long to put Jefferson in at QB still has me scratching my head. While he didn't blow the Ole Miss defense away it was clear to these eyes that he's LSU best option at QB.

Arkansas might be without RB Michael Smith who has over 1000 yards rushing on the season. With Smith being out the Razorbacks are going to have to lean on the freshman Nathan Dick (the smaller Dick) who will only be making his second career start.

Colorado @ Nebraska -18 (4 UNITS)

Colorado has lost 6 of its last 8 games and has only one win on the road, and that was the opening game of the season. The CU offense has struggled (105th in the country) and it will only get worse as they lose its leading rusher Rodney Stewert for this game due to an injury.

Nebraska’s offense ranked 9th in the country will prove to much to handle for a CU defense that is struggling on both sides of the ball.

Baylor @ Texas Tech –21.5 (4 UNITS)

As much as I would love for Baylor to pull off the upset its just not going to happen in Lubbock. This is the final game in Lubbock for arguably two of its greatest players in Harrell and Crabtree. I expect Leach to pour it on as TT still has an outside chance of getting into the BCS picture.

OU @ Oklahoma St. +7.5 (4 UNITS)

Does the final week of the BCS ever go as plan? I don’t know who will win this game but I have a feeling its going to come down to the final play. Oklahoma St. has had two weeks to prepare for OU and we’ve seen how the best teams of the Big 12 have performed at home.

One key to watch will be the return game. If OU has a big weakness this year its been covering kicks and Okie St. has arguably the best return game on punts and kicks in the country.

Last edited:
If the lines don't move much from where they are now, which is -35 and 68 pts, the team total for Texas should be 51.5 or 52 when they're released tomorrow. I was leaning on the Texas TT over rather than taking a chance on a back door cover.

im thinking about playing texas first quarter, 2nd quarter , half time, 3rd quarter and full game... im not sure yet

l_f9922a32684372736e453ad0d599c20b.jpg

Something like that, with Texas playing the role of Oklahoma?

and that OU squad got creamed by USC

--OU KILLED everybody that year.

IMO OU was even with USC 1st quarter. Peteron had ome nice runs

Fumbles, some things went against OU early, and------once they got punched in the mouth they folded. Didn't know how to face adverity.

That OU team was fricken good. I think they hang with USC that year if they had mental toughness and got some breaks

and that OU squad got creamed by USC

--OU KILLED everybody that year.

IMO OU was even with USC 1st quarter. Peteron had ome nice runs

Fumbles, some things went against OU early, and------once they got punched in the mouth they folded. Didn't know how to face adverity.

That OU team was fricken good. I think they hang with USC that year if they had mental toughness and got some breaks

What the deuce?

Take the luck and roll with it...

GL with the BCS Sunday night....

My one thought..and put it here in this thread...

The nation got to see UT tonight, that college football nation that is. Thats huge. The problem is, much of that gets the Bedlam game in primetime Saturday. You know coaches, they just look at scores sometimes. But for most part, they will all see both games.

Back