• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

15-14-2 Overall
0-6 on half plays
3-0 on Totals
+4.3 units on the year

8-6 last week +7.6 units for the week. Hit all my big plays which was finally a nice thing to do. Missed the opening lines again this week. Wish I could have got USC at -4. Next week Im going to just sit at my computer and wait until they come out. Ill post the ones I played already and will add writeups tommorow

Michigan State - 9 (3 units) LOSS
Have been looking at this one for a while now. Could have got a better line but im going to complain since it has already jumped to 11. Dantonio has come and installed a whole new attitude it seems. MSU went from being the most penalized team in the league under John L. Smitth to now having the least amount of penalties under Dantonio. He also brought in a whole new system and one the team seems to be adapting to nicely. Very run orientated it seems although against BG it was more balanced. Hover played a good game going 17/29 for 250 and 2TD's but also 2INT. Pitt has basically played nobody so far. Eastern Michigan and Grambling arent the best judges on how a team is playing but its still a Wanstedt coached team which is a good sign for MSU backers.

Vanderbilt - 5 (3 units) WIN
A couple of people were on Vanderbilt last week vs Bama and they got pounded. Bama scored early and never looked back. I didnt get to see the game but I guess Vandy never really got into it. They stay at home to play Ole Miss who is the worst team in the SEC no doubt IMO. Vandy atleaat has a gamebreaker in WR Earl Bennett. Its Vandy or nothing if you bet this game since nobody in their right mind would bet Ole Miss on the road. Hopefully Vandy can come back and make a strong statement after last weeks debacle

Ohio State 2H (3 units) WIN

Houston -14.5 (2 units) WIN
This is just basically a follow th board play. A lot of the cappers on here love this play and Im going to follow.

Florida St -4 (2 units) WIN
Basically I think this is just a talent difference here. FSU has the talent advantage by far but they just cant seem to put everything together. I dont know if its Bowden or the players just dont know whats going on. They brought in a great staff with Amato and Fisher and everything was supposed to change but it hasnt. Weatherford is still a horeshit QB IMO and they should play Lee to open up the offense and give a different dimension to it but it hasnt happened yet. Im hoping they can establish the run in this game even though they couldnt do anything against UAB last week.
Florida St 27
Colorado 14

Ohio State -3. (2 units) WIN
Too good of value for me to pass up. Not going to buy into all the Washington hype yet. Have seen OSU play this year and the defense looks as good as anyone in the nation. Beanie should be able to get some holes and as long as Boeckman doesnt try to take the game into his hands I like the chance of OSU beating the FG spread

Illinois/Cuse over 43.5 (1 unit) WIN
I think even Cuse can score some points on the Illinois defense. And Illinois has a pretty powerful offense with Juice all the way back. He still cant pass for shit but has a great advantage with his legs. He can defintly break one at any time. Im a huge fan of Benn already looks like he can play in the NFL already with that body. Looking for quick scores and hopefully Cuse can post 14-20 in this game
Illinois 28
Cuse 17.

Boston College +7 (1 unit) WIN
Just think this is a value play here. BC is a good team catching a TD against another good team. GT dominated ND up and down the field in Week 1 doing everything that they wanted. The only thing that didnt impress me was their passing game. BC can stop the run very well though and they are going to need to against Choice who is a very underrated RB. BC coach Jagz has implemented a whole new offense, a very high powered one. Ryan has been great in the air the last 2 games and the new ZBS has been pretty good so far this year for BC. Callendar has been a very good back for this system so far. I think BC will defintly keep it close and maybe even pull out the W
GTech 24
BC 21

Minnesota -6.5 (1 unit) LOSS
Still looking at some games and will probally add 1 or 2 more by Saturday

BYU 2H -3 (2 units) LOSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like your card this week, signal!

Having said that, I would stay away from Kentucky. Yes, the offense has looked good...but are you certain they can go blow for blow with the Cards and Brohm? I don't care about the Cards defense, because we all know they suck. I feel like this is just one of those games where if Kentucky puts up 50, the Ville will notch 60+. Just my opinion of course.

GL this week bro!

:cheers:

15-14-2 Overall

Here are the leans Im looking. Feel free to discuss and give me your thoughts on the game
Florida -8
Notre Dame -9.5
Western Michigan -19.5
Kentucky +6.5.

I think Tennessee +8 is the correct play. It's a rivalry game and all these games have been damn close. What do we know about UF? Nothing really and 8 points is a lot in this series and I think betting the dog to cover would always be profitable in the long run. I love the over in that game because I don't see either side stopping the other.

ND 9.5- I don't have any feeling on this game. I'm not sure ND can score 10 points even on Michigan.

Kentucky- I like it a lot.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Aztec- Yeah the more I look at this game, I think I will probally just lay off. Not a big fan of playing the rivalry games because pretty much you can expect the unexpected, who knows who shows up with what kind of emotion. Thanks GL this week

Music- Another rivalry game that I have been looking into. I really dont like playing these but I thin Florida is the better team. Swamp gives them a good 4 point advantage here. I know they havent played much cometition so far but Meyers offense looks very strong with Tebow controlling it. They were waxing troy until the 2nd stringers came in on defense and gave up some points but they pulled out the cover. Ill probally wait to see if it goes down to maybe 7 (not likely) and then will pull the trigger. Notre Dame believe it or not impressed me somewhat last week with Claussen. He moved them down the field and gave them some chances to score. 4th quarter especially. Special teams did play a big role in this with the field possession but Claussen showed his talent. GL this week
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Added Illinois/Cuse over and got some writeups in for the games. Thinking about bumping up FSU to 3 units but havent decided yet.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Love BC, on Houston, agree with Mich St and Vandy.

The words "Over" and "Syracuse" don't go together for me so that is an interesting play in my mind. You got balls of steel with FSU as well.

Best of luck this week.

Adding
Ohio State -3. (2 units
Too good of value for me to pass up. Not going to buy into all the Washington hype yet. Have seen OSU play this year and the defense looks as good as anyone in the nation. Beanie should be able to get some holes and as long as Boeckman doesnt try to take the game into his hands I like the chance of OSU beating the FG spread

Added
Minnesota -6.5 (1 unit)
Cant believe Im about to lay points with the Gophers on the road

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">5-2 with BYU 2H pending along with Boston College and Florida State

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">7-3 on the day
+7.4 units. Another good day. That BYU game would have put some great icing on the cake. Oh well

Back