NCAA Week 3 Plays

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
Sides/Totals 11-7 +9.04 unit
ML Dogs 0-3 -4 units

Doggie can't buy a ML dog so far this year. Might make it all up this weekend with Tennessee. I might be the only one on the planet who thinks they hang with the Ducks. Side will likely be a large play. Here's all I have so far:

Texas -2.5 -110 three units

Whole world was ready to lay 7.5 with them last week in Provo, now they're scared to lay this at home to Ole Piss? Not me, may get more later.

TCU -3 +105 four units
TCU - 3 +106 three units
TCU -139 2.5 units
Troy/Arky St OVer 67 -110 two units
AFA/BOise UNder 58 -110 three units
Youngstown St +24 two units
Nebraska -2.5 -110 two units
Bama/ATM over 63 -110 three units
Tenn +28 one unit
Iowa/Iowa ST UNder 47 -110 two units
Memphis +8 four units

Last edited:
good luck doggy, all in on fexas week one, stayed away last week to see if they really are back, guess not, but ole piss has gotten some major hype this year pre and we know how that goes generally. not sure if ash is playing or mccoy, not that it really matters much, half the time i thought mccoy may be better. hook em

Ash ain't playing my friend told me today but I haven't verified it yet.

good luck doggy !!! looks like mld the only thing not going well for you so far. I know garfather is into those bigtime and avoids them early in the year and then starts hammering them.

Moving on up !

Thanks VK. Really glad to see you posting plays again. Appreciate the info on Ash. Not a card I love this week and I haven't had time to put in the time required so likely only a couple of plays for me this week.

Does Oregon really deserve to be favored by 4 scores this week? Tenny has made big improvements on offense, if the Ducks are truly as good as advertised, this one will fly over 70.....

I may be the only one who thinks Western Ky getting waaaaay to much love this week. I see them on a lot of guys cards I respect but am not ready to lay 10 with them here. Hoping this moves to 11 and think it will based on how much action they seem to be getting.

I just don't get the VT/ECU line. As bad as the Hokies look on offense, isn't their defense good enough to beat ECU by two scores, even if they kneel down on every play on offense? Watch the Pirates get the SU win here - I'll pass...

Its never fun to lay points on the road in this league but I'm very close to pulling the trigger on TCU tonight. They are a superior team in many aspects. Not interested in -120 for a 3, so I'll watch and see what this line does. Red Raiders seem to be getting some action so hopefully the price on the Frogs drops.

Lean over in the Troy/Arky St game tonight, but not sure its enough for me to play it.

I like HUnt's under in the Sanduskys game. May add that to my card.

I watched much of the Tennessee game and they didn't impress me at all. The O-line is solid, but they look weak at skill positions. I thought WKU was really controlling play outside of the 6 play stretch where they gave the ball up. GL.

Thanks Dollaz. Didn't see the game, but I did notice they benefitted from 7 turnovers from Petrino's crew... I'll be dissecting this one a bit more today/tomorrow. If their O-line is good enough to keep the chains moving, I like their chances of staying within 4 TD's.

Speaking of those turnovers - how are people going to lay 10 points this week on a Hilltopper team who has put the ball on the ground seven times (and lost 4 of them) in the first two weeks? Their Q also threw 5 picks last week. That's not a recipe for covering on the road.

Kamikaze, anyone?

images

At least now you have enough to share, doggy! GL this weekend.

Hahah Smails. Kamikazes? I used to put that shit on my pancakes for breakfast in high school.

Kill it this weekend

Thanks Dollaz. Didn't see the game, but I did notice they benefitted from 7 turnovers from Petrino's crew... I'll be dissecting this one a bit more today/tomorrow. If their O-line is good enough to keep the chains moving, I like their chances of staying within 4 TD's.

Speaking of those turnovers - how are people going to lay 10 points this week on a Hilltopper team who has put the ball on the ground seven times (and lost 4 of them) in the first two weeks? Their Q also threw 5 picks last week. That's not a recipe for covering on the road.

I layed it with WKU. Their offense is very good and moved the ball at ease against two SEC defenses. Obviously the turnovers are a concern, but that is something I consider to be at least partially luck involved. If Southern Utah can move the ball on South Alabama and WKU can do so vs. 2 SEC defenses, I could see them really putting up some points vs. South Alabama. Good luck on whatever you decide, but I have been very impressed with WKU, albeit outside of the turnovers.

Good luck Dollaz. I may heed your advice and lay off, but I can't bring myself to lay double digits on the road to a team who has been extremely turnover prone so far. In reviewing those box scores, you are correct in saying they moved the ball well against much tougher competition. Didn't realize how many things went my way on that OVER in the WKY/TENNY game last weekend until now.

Gotta run fellas so not much time for a writeup but TCU is a big play for me tonight. They really matchup well against this TT squad, have a big coaching advantage, and the price has dropped to a number I can stomach.

TCU -3 +105 four units
TCU -139 2.5 units

I suggest a great ML dog. UCLA 1st half. Option again in 2nd half because if they are leading they will be a ML dog in the 2nd half.

GL

Wow, I am not even sure what I just witnessed in the TCU game. Have to think this is looked at by the NCAA. Not that this will help our cause.... Either way, let's get it back this weekend....

D - not sure where to start and I've been around long enough to know how annoying complaining over a big loss can be - so I'll save it...

If nothing else a money management lesson for all the youngsters around here, but that's never been my style. Always enjoy going large on a play that lines up. Fuck it, nothing to do but look ahead now...

TCU just didn't show up for us, a really crappy performance. I've always said that Patterson is a shit coach when his players aren't all hopped up on PEDs like they were a couple years back. Totally lifeless performance out of them, no guts when they got inside the TT 40 yard line.

BOL the rest of this weekend

And yeah, refs blew a few big calls in favor of TT, but that's par for the course at this point in CFB. TCU still had plenty of chances

best of luck on Saturday, doggy.
I didn't see what you are talking about re bad calls in my TCU loss, but I went to bed when it got to be 10-10 feeling pretty confident. I don't know what called back the first long punt return by #3, but on the second which went all the way when I saw the replay I said uh oh- clearly looked like fair catch call to me.

I agree that tt looked better and got lucky by happenstance of their qb change. TT muffed punt in their side of the field tied 10-10 late in 4th was huge. ref made that up out of thin air. their strip of fumble was legitimate. Pollack was going nuts too. Throw in the fact that dude drops ball at 1/2 yard line in 4th and for the first time in my life in that situation they give ball back to offense where he dropped it. No TCU touchback? Totally fucking lame.

why would it be a touchback exactly? the ball didn't go out of the endzone and nobody on tcu picked it up...

Like I said, technically I guess, never saw that interpretation is all and it struck me as typical as that was the least of the nonsense of the 4 blown calls in 4th quarter against TCU. . I got no dog in game. That's how I saw it and Pollack too.

It was clearly a bad fair catch call. Why would you go running after the catch when your arms in the air like that?

I don't know ruling on the dropped ball in front of end zone.

I thought it was a close game that could have gone either way. TCU's lack of tackling lost them the game....they were lucky the freshman QB was awful. (IMO)

TCU really played badly...hard to argue after the fact that they were somehow the right side. Maybe things didn't go their way as well, but that doesn't make up for how bad they were

I've already forgotten everything about last night's game. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not one to complain/dwell on it.

AFA/Boise Under 58 three units

A bit of an overreaction to last week's Air Force game gives us a little value tonight on a number that should be in the low 50's. Boise defense should have no trouble handling this offense, and you can bet Air Force spent all week working out their issues on D.

Dawgpndbuckeye - If I had to choose a side I would probably take Boise here, I see something to the tune of 38-10 in this one..

Borrowed this idea from our good friends at the Bullsheet.....

Youngstown St +24 -110 two units

Back