NCAA Week 2

$$CMoney$$

Don of Sepcon
4-6-2 (-.22 Units) NCAA YTD

10.17.footba3ll.CHEN.jpg
Oregon State Beavers (-3) -105 2 Units

Those 2 days without football really started to get to me when does ESPN start having games every night again lol...Cincinnati certainly got off to a good start last week getting their new offense in gear but as good as they looked the difference in size and speed that they will face tonight should be drastically different against this OSU D...I think this OSU Defense is better than most think especially their Linebackers...Im a huge fan of Yvenson Bernard and although the loss of Perry hurts I dont think anyone can slow this kid down and he will lead his team to another victory.

Good Luck this Week Guys:cheers:

Well I could not have been more wrong about this game tonight...Cincinnati is surprisingly quick especially on the defensive side of the ball and they held Bernard down big time which I did not expect...I also thought Ben Mauk was very good tonight...And then there was OSU...6 interceptions a blocked punt for a touchdown a fumble on their own 2 yard line leading to a touchdown a missed FG by one of the best kickers in the NCAA these guys could not have played any worse at least I hope not for their sake:whip:

Oregon State was like this yesterday. Look very impressive some weeks and look down right awful other weeks. Actually, most of the Pac-10 is like this in my opinion, but I don't actually root for any of these teams, so it's my bias.
But good luck on the rest of your plays bud.

Oregon State was like this yesterday. Look very impressive some weeks and look down right awful other weeks. Actually, most of the Pac-10 is like this in my opinion, but I don't actually root for any of these teams, so it's my bias.
But good luck on the rest of your plays bud.
Thanks Bell:cheers:...Appreciate your insight and thats definetly something to keep in mind for future games...I don't know if they weren't focused or what but the mistakes they were making just seemed uncharacteristic for a team returning 8 starters on each side of the ball
Peace_5.gif

one of the major advantages i saw for beavers going into tonight was special teams. serna is a great kicker and the cincy kicker looked terrible last week. i loved stroughter at the return spot and while serna as a punter is no prize the cincy punter is pretty stinky in his own right. instead of what i thought ....
-serna misses a gimme kick , bearcat kicker kicks one of longest field goals in school history.
-bearcats block a punt for a td
- stroughter muffs ( i know it should have been a penalty but he also should not have been fielding that ball) a kick at his own 2 yardline.

so much for that advantage tonight. crazy.

one of the major advantages i saw for beavers going into tonight was special teams. serna is a great kicker and the cincy kicker looked terrible last week. i loved stroughter at the return spot and while serna as a punter is no prize the cincy punter is pretty stinky in his own right. instead of what i thought ....
-serna misses a gimme kick , bearcat kicker kicks one of longest field goals in school history.
- stroughter muffs ( i know it should have been a penalty but he also should not have been fielding that ball) a kick at his own 2 yardline.

Im with you Kyle I definitely thought they had an advantage in Special Teams...I was very excited to see that Stroughter was gonna play tonight thinking that he would drastically help them out with field position...And Serna is a Hell of a kicker too so when they got in FG Range I kind of just counted the "3" in my head and once I saw him miss it thats when I got a bad feeling about the game...Then the dagger was when Rogers made that 55 Yarder I just knew it was over...I just thought to myself that cant be the same kicker that missed 2 XP's and a FG last week but it was lol:hang:

26488447.jpg
Navy (+17) 2 Units

I think this Navy team will be very tough to blow out even on the road...Everyone keeps pointing back to the game last year when they got blown out but they lost their starting RB and QB i that game and were all out of sorts...Enhada has a year under his belt now and he will be able to keep them in this game.

I agree with this for the most part, except I feel that the Cincy punter has been excellent in the first two games.

GL tonight C$. :cheers:

here are my quick thoughts C ... lsu is coming in off a romp. think they may be overvalued because of it. va tech is coming in off a very emotional game 1. which imo caused them to not play at the level i thought they be at. va tech is on the road and has nothing to lose in this game. pretty sure they know they are a pretty decent dog.

just too many pts to give their d and i see value. think lsu pulls out a single digit win tho.

here are my quick thoughts C ... lsu is coming in off a romp. think they may be overvalued because of it. va tech is coming in off a very emotional game 1. which imo caused them to not play at the level i thought they be at. va tech is on the road and has nothing to lose in this game. pretty sure they know they are a pretty decent dog.

just too many pts to give their d and i see value. think lsu pulls out a single digit win tho.
Love your thoughts Brewer...I agree completely and as good as LSU's D is Tech has a pretty good defense as well...They have a great defensive front and I love their LB's Adibi and Hall...If Glennon can avoid turning the ball over VT will be in this game all the way

Another Horrible Week...2-6-1 (-4.3 Units) now 6-12-3 (-4.55)

What Did I learn today??

I bet against 2 of the best teams in the country today...Not Smart:down2:LSU and Oklahoma are just levels above the rest of the competition in the country...Their speed on the defensive side of the ball makes it almost impossible to move the ball against them...I would sure love to see those teams match up...I was also very impressed with Sam Bradford and with the receivers he has there he can do big things.

Virginia Tech will never get anywhere with Sean Glennon as their QB...He is flat out garbage...Yeah he can beat the mediocre teams but even a team with athletes like ECU gave him trouble...I think when the Freshman Tyrod Taylor came into the game tonight he gave them a spark and brought something to their offense which was missing...Not to say that he is the next coming of Michael Vick but you can see this kid has alot of potential which is something Sean Glennon has definitely run out of. Sorry we got that wrong Brew:down2:
Never take a WVU Under:hang:...Me at halftime excited that I had 43 to give in the 2nd Half:7_17_4:...Me after the 3rd quarter for not hedging/trying to middle:3_8_14:...43 was hardly enough for WVU by themselves in the 2nd Half:36_11_6:

Cody Hawkins not quite there yet... I was thoroughly impressed with his performance last week against Colorado State but Arizona State proved to be a much tougher opponent for him today because he struggled mightily...Im still pissed Colorado didnt score anything for the last 50 minutes of that football game:whip:

Oregon has so much team speed on the offensive side of the ball they are really tough to stop although Michigan's non existent defense didn't help...I Dixon was amazing today and incredibly fun to watch that is if your not part of S.E.M.C.O.N.

South Carolina going into the Georgia Dome and taking that game outright from the Bulldogs was a very impressive win...Spurrier is a damn good coach and the way their defense played today they are gonna be tough to beat especially at home

One of the surprise teams in the country seems to be the Washington Huskies...Ty Willingham has certainly done a good job turning that program around and that was a very good win by this young team today...For being such a young and inexperienced kid Jake Locker has been awesome having another great game today on the ground and in the air against a very tough defense...It will be interesting to see how he does when he faces a real test next week against Ohio State.

Loved what I saw out of USF...I love the way Matt Grothe plays the game going all out on every play...Hes tough as nails and with the talent he has around him he may be able lead this team to the top of the Big East.

Man do I hate losing and its not the money that bothers me so much I just hate being wrong about the games...Nothing feels better than nailing a game on the head...I just needed to throw my thoughts down to help me better prepare for next week...I hope everyone else won some coin this week:cheers:

Back