NCAA week 13 weather

Alright, here's a list of games that according to the forecast today, and looking at the forecast for each school individually, could be affected by rain:

Maryland, Kent St., Indiana, Georgia, Georgia St., Wake, Cincy, Appy St., Charlotte, West Virginia, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Navy, UAB, Middle Tenn., and ULM...

:tiphat:

Local forecasts around here are all calling for an ugly, cold and wet day in Boone with stready cold rain throughout eventually changing to flurries once the sun goes down. Game is at 2:30pm so most likely will just be played in wet conditions throughout.

I know rain impacts teams differently but can someone give their take on passing versus running? Total points. My take is more tunrovers which can kill drives late or start them with short fields. Likely helps the underdog? Thoughts?

I know rain impacts teams differently but can someone give their take on passing versus running? Total points. My take is more tunrovers which can kill drives late or start them with short fields. Likely helps the underdog? Thoughts?

I think it very tough to say, but a hard/steady cold rain I think generally hurts passing so I tend to look to the team better rushing and stopping the run. Illini/Purdue was a great example few weeks back (although tad more extreme than some), once I saw the cold rain in forecast was accurate it made Illini a no brainer as rushing their strength and Purdue terrible at it. Don’t get many easier sizable dogs than that one.

Been raining heavy all morning here in Charlotte and everything is completely saturated. Don't have a feel for the 49ers game vs Marshall, but something to consider if anyone is thinking about playing that one.

Back