Sides 60-50 +$3,526
Player Props 40-17 +$7,937
Total 100-67 +$11,463

NCAA CFB 2006-2007
Sides 54-33 +$8,837
Player Props 36-20 +$4,395
Future Plays 1-0 +$500
Total 91-53 +$13,732

Another great week for me as a won all my props went 6-4 on my sides but cashed in on all my top plays including TX and the under. For those keeping score this now makes me 8-1 in Texas games this year. Who says not to bet on your favorite team? Also OU’s lost gives me my first future bet winner already of under 10.5 regular season wins. Having my best year in awhile hmmmm…wonder if it has to do with me coming over to this site?

On to week 7 and damn this week’s card is just ugly. Tread lightly this week because I really don’t feel comfortable with my card.

Cal –7 (-120) @ WSU ($400)

I’m going to ride the Cal train through the PAC 10. They’ve been great on both sides of the ball since the debacle in Knoxville. Hate paying that much in juice for the hook but 7.5 has bit me to many times in the ass to not take the hook.

Mizzu @ Texas A&M +3 (-125) ($400)

Seems I’m going the other way from everyone else. Looking at the boxscores from last week’s game is not the way to cap this game. Aggie barley beat Kansas but A&M under Franchione has been absolutely horrible on the road. TT beat A&M but what else is new? Aggie has always had a horrible secondary and they are usually TT’s Super Bowl. TT fumbled the ball 4 times and threw 2 INTs for TDs. Don’t walk into this trap.

Florida @ Auburn –1 ($300)

Arkansas beat Auburn with a nasty running attack something Florida doesn’t have. Getting blue chip stud Blackmon back at LB also should help the defense as they have now shuffled back to their original position from spring practice and two a days. Lots went wrong last week for Auburn and with Gameday in town and arguably the biggest game of the weekend hopefully will get these boy fired up. Not a popular pick once again but I’m on the Tigers.

UCLA @ Oregon –10 ($300)

UCLA is without Olsen and even though Cowen played well it’ll be a little different at Autzen Stadium when the other team now gameplans for you. Oregon is a good football team they just ran into a juggernaut right now in Cal. UCLA dominated Zona last week because they were able to hold zona to –27 rushing yards and knocked their starting QB out of the game. Oregon has to much firepower on offense in Dixon and Stewert and don’t expect the same results from the Bruin defense.

ISU +21 (-112) @ OU ($500)

Sorry when did OU get to become 3 TD favorites over a decent ISU team? Okay so they’re pissed off they lost to Texas. Big deal. This isn’t MTSU and they didn’t lose the game because of the refs they lost because they have no pass rush, are suspect in the middle of their DL, and have a converted RB and WR playing cornerback who love to get burned deep. If Texas would’ve opened up the playbook and thrown the ball downfield that game would’ve been a lot worse and you can bet ISU will be throwing the ball downfield a lot with Blythe.

Baylor @ Texas -28.5 ($500)

This Texas defense is much better with a healthy FS Marcus Griffin (not Michael Griffin who starts at SS) and Terrell Brown in the secondary. Baylor has improved this year but your looking at them vs the rest of the Big 12 which has stunk it up this year with most of the teams breaking in new QBs.

Big thing here should be when Texas goes up big with Mccoy at QB the true frosh Jevan Snead should see a lot of PT. And when I mean PT I mean throwing the ball because there are rumors floating around he isn’t exactly to happy with his situation and now with Colt beating OU and everyone proclaiming him the next Applewhite you better bet your ass Mack will get Snead into the game and throwing the ball instead of just handing it off to Melton every play so that Snead doesn’t start looking at other programs to transfer to. Snead has NFL caliber talent and is getting better and better and Mack knows Texas needs to keep this kid on the 40 acres.

:cheers:

Glad to see you on Texas. I got it at -28 (bought the hook) and asked some of the nervous nellies at Manor Downs about it.

Good luck this week.

Hook em.

Glad to see you on Aggy Horn. Been waiting for a three or 3.5...

Great week last week...

Good looking card! I cannot believe I missed CAL, I have been playing them every week after Tennessee. I tend to agree with your assessment on Iowa State also. I think the athletic QB will cause problems for OU. He should be able to make some plays with his feet to pick up valuable first downs. Holy Shit! I can't believe I did not see that Oregon game either! I must have just past over the Pac 10 section lol....I love Oregon in a rout....BOL this week bro

Thanks guys. Yeah gonna stay away from the SEC and ACC somehwhat. Those guys just seem to play different on a week to week basis.

Looks good bro. I liked the Shorthorns, Cal, and have a slight lean on Auburn. Coming up here next week?

cubsker, No but I really wanted to. Never been to a game in Lincoln and some of my buddies are going next week. Heard it was one of the better college football environments around.

I hope ur right about this one Horn (obviously which one), but youre not. Im sorry, I hate to go against you, but we're not gonna win. On the bright side, The Aggies are playing out here against UCLA at the Pond in the John Wooden Classic. Tix go on sale the 12th. 1st time since Ive lived here (15+ years) that they have ever played West of Vegas...

xXx

'Horn, Like your thoughts...A&M, Oregon and Auburn are all potential plays for me.

I will be hopping off the Cal wagon for this week; I think Wassou is a solid #4 team in the Pac10 and they give Cal a battle up in the Palousse.

Texas...how can I not be on them if you ARE?

Good job on a great year thus far 'Horn. Seems like most on this site are making money.

Agree on the ISU play. They've underachieved since that 1st half performance against Iowa, but still a decent team. I don't see OU as an "angry" team this Saturday. More likely they'll come out sluggish with a hangover from the Cotton Bowl.

SHSUHorn said:
jgalt, damn haven't talked to you in awhile. What's been going on?

Oh, you know, a lot of the same. Got a new girlfriend who is tearing the ass out of me. Super hot, but a full-time job along with the one I'm at now and with capping football. Such is the life of a pimp, you know? :wacka wacka:

How's it with you? Still picking up STDs at every hot spot in Houston? :5_5_138:

Go get em boss. I am hammering Cal and ISU with you. Looks like another stellar card, although Auburn scares me. BOL ! ! !

Horn, I like your take on the Texas game with Snead. However, I am not sold on Mack letting him open up in the hope of keeping him around. I was hoping that Jevan would win the job going into camp for this exact reason - and the fact that the Horns have John Brantley on the way (assuming he doesn't pull a Ryan Perrilloux) does not help this situation. My biggest concern is the Horns going up big and with the second unit in the game, Baylor being able to score some garbage points for the back door cover.

I am on Auburn as well and see this as a great rebound spot. Florida is great, but Auburn may have been looking ahead last week for the Gators. Hard to see a solid Tiger team losing 2 straight at home.

I have Mizzou -1, but don't feel very comfortable with it. I am possibly gonna hedge out of this one (as well as Michigan). Still debating it. Totally agree the card sucks this week and will have very few plays this week. You have a great number with OU and that looks solid as does Cal. Good luck bro!!

love the cal pick, not sure bout texas this week. baylor seems to have a pulse, but they also lost to army, which qualifies as a really bad loss. texas should definately score at least 38 points, the only question is how many does baylor score, and do they get a BS td late in the game when trailing by 34. if the line drops under 28, ill hafta put a little bit on texas though, they are still a covering machine. GL

i like the iowa state pick. i am a sooner fan and i will tell you blythe may have 200 yards this weekend. also mobile qbs always give the sooners trouble. goodluck horn. :Wacka%20Wacka:

Horn:

Glad to find some of the reasonable people from the old covers over here. That place is getting on my last nerve.

Anyway, you continue to be money in NCAAFB. But, as much as it scares me, I am on UCLA and WSU. Initially, the strange line movement caught my eye. But looking a little closer, I really get the feel that WSU is a live home dog, that Cal might just overlook. A good spot for Cal to come out flat and let WSU steal one, or stay real close for the game.

As for UCLA, I think they keep the game slow, simple and close. I really think that one may come down to a figgie, or an OT touchdown. I think 10 points is too many for Oregon to lay here.

lid you realize olson is out right? Their last 3 wins are over stanford rice and arizona all at home, its not like UCLA has played anyone like Oregon yet, or in the enviroment like an autzen stadium. g luck

Its been pouring all day so I may take a night off from the club tonight which means I need some action tonight.

Temple +45 ($200)

BC +3 (-115) ($200)

AF -6 (-115) ($200)

Hanie -38.5 Passing & Rushing Yards vs Carney ($300)

Is Tarell Brown out? I heard he had a boot on his foot. The way Shawn Bell likes to chuck it around, our corner depth might be problem. Time to take the shirt off of Chykie. I like your card, SHSU, I pretty much with you on those games, plus I like Tech to bounce back @Colorado.

texasfight said:
Is Tarell Brown out? I heard he had a boot on his foot. The way Shawn Bell likes to chuck it around, our corner depth might be problem. Time to take the shirt off of Chykie. I like your card, SHSU, I pretty much with you on those games, plus I like Tech to bounce back @Colorado.

Not hearing anything about that. Just checked HornFans and no mention.

Baylor has not played a good, fast D yet and Texas has that. If we're solid in the secondary and can get a pass rush on (something that finally showed up against OU) I think we cover by a TD.

Knowing Chizik, the D will be pleased with last week's performance, but not satisfied.

Biggest game of the year in conference is the following week and we're going to mudstomp those Huskers.

Changing Bet!!!!!!!!

BAYLOR +28.5 ($550)

Hedging my bet and going the other way now with Texas. After trying to figure out why the line dropped two points at pinny texasfight you might be correct. I'm hearing Terrell Brown has a broken toe. You can still get the 28.5 at betus.

Mack is very, very quiet when it comes to injuries (ala Robison not starting vs tOSU).

Worst depth on this entire team is secondary. Go look at the tOSU game this year. Marcus & Michael Griifin are badasses at saftey. Marcus goes down in the first quarter and a true frosh enters the game to replace him.

Terrell Brown gets suspended and Anthony Gonzalez will tell you how good backups Foster & Palmer where. In fact Foster and Palmer are so bad true frosh Deion Beasley just recently pulled his redshirt and he is already the third corner on the team probably. Chykie Brown may now also get his shirt pulled if TB is a no go. Brown and Beasely will be the starting corners next year so I guess that shows you what the coaches think of Foster & Palmer.

Facing a Baylor attack that likes to chuck the ball around this is not good. I went back and forth on this game and with Nebraska and TT the next two games on the road if TB does play with pain it won't be long or alot.

This is just a rumour though and nothing has been reported yet on if TB will go but he is hurting and this is a pretty good source.

Adrian Peterson OVER 1 Reception ($300)

Limas Sweed OVER 58.5 Receiving Yards ($300)

Jamal Charles UNDER 14.5 Rushing Attempts ($300)

Lavelle Hawkins OVER 3 Receptions ($400)

Brandon Cox OVER 15.5 Completions ($300)

Tim Tebow UNDER 32.5 Rushing Yards ($500)

Rodgeriquis Smith UNDER 3 Receptions ($500)

Adrian Arrington +20.5 Receiving Yards vs Deon Butler ($300)

Drew Stanton OVER 17 Pass Completions ($400)

Raymell Rice -34 Rushing Yards vs Adam Ballard ($500)

Great day SHSU. Nice work. I took horns in the first half and barely won that. 5-1 for the day. Too bad Oklahoma had to screw up the perfect day

Back