Ncaa Cfb Future Plays

SHSUHorn

Thief
WIN HEISMAN TROPHY

Brady Quinn +250 (1 UNIT)

With USC probably taking a step down from the ESPN lovefest expect ND to take over the media darling spot. Quinn should blossom with a second year from Weiss. Many people are expecting Peterson to be the favorite but its just not gonna happen. Peterson has been banged up ever since he was in HS because the kid has taken big time hits and they have no true depth behind him. The OL was horrible last year and they lost 5 of 7 guys that b****ed for him last year (including 2 great b****ing FB and TE). They are going to be counting on a bunch of JUCO recruits to plug those holes and that’s not how you form a cohesive OL.

TEAM TO WIN RIVALS RECRUITING #1 CLASS

USC +300 (1 UNIT)

Almost went with Texas here since they already have 22 solid commitments. USC though lost a lot of stars and may struggle this year. Many HS kids are going to see that as a chance to get on the field early for one of the top programs in the country.

REGULAR SEASON WINS (All plays 1 UNIT)

FLORIDA UNDER 9.5 WINS

No way Florida goes 10-2 or better with that schedule. The play at Tennessee and have a monster midseason stretch of Bama, LSU, at Auburn, and Georgia. They still have to face Spurrier’s Cocks and the finale at FSU. Yikes. They haven’t loss less then 2 games since 2001.

IOWA OVER 9 WINS

Looking at the schedule they will not go 8-4. I can see a loss vs tOSU or even Michigan but nowhere else.

NOTRE DAME UNDER 10.5 WINS

Let the Irish hype machine begin. Jesus ND get all the pub because its best game last year was a home loss. Do we forget that tOSU only punted the ball once in the Fiesta Bowl and could’ve easily hung 50 on these guys?

TEXAS OVER 9.5 WINS

Okay let me take my burnt orange shades off for a sec. So Texas loses to tOSU. Could happen. Texas loses to OU. Okay. Who else is going to beat Texas on the schedule that will make them a three loss team? Texas hasn’t had three losses since Mack Brown’s second year almost 7 years ago.

TEXAS TECH OVER 8 WINS

This team is not going to lose 5 games this coming season. They have a soft OOC scehdule and don’t hae to play Nebraska from the North. Texas Tech is the third best team in all of the Big 12.

ODDS TO WIN CONFERENCE TITLE

Ohio St. +100 (1 UNIT)

They get PSU who lost a lot in the Shoe, as well as Michigan who they’ve owned recently in the Shoe. The Big 10 doesn’t look as impressive to me this year outside of tOSU. Even though its not much value I’ll take it.

Texas +175 (2 UNITS)

Can’t believe I’m seeing OU as the favorite to win the Big 12. OU actually loss more seniors then Texas. Are we really sold on Bomar? Texas anhilated that OL last year and the defense will be better next year. People are putting way to much stock in the departure of VY. They return the best OL, a great running back corp of Taylor, Young, and Charles, and the same WR corp from last year of Sweed, Pittman, Cosby, and add the return of Jordan Shipley. OU’s offense ranked 71st last year and avg 27 points a game. Mack Brown in his entire time at Texas has never avg lower then 32 points a game. Last three times a freshman started the RRS in the last 20 years for Texas they have won (Brown, Gardere, Applewhite).

Once again people are putting so much stock in the last bowl game played. OU beat an Oregon squad playing their 3rd string QB. Minus the regular season blowout win vs Okie St. OU loss to Tech and barley beat Aggie, Nebraska, and yes freakin Baylor all in order. They won those 3 games by an avg of less then a TD.

ODDS TO WIN BCS TITLE GAME

Louisville +3500 (1 UNIT)

If they can beat Miami who still has issues along the OL that will be the big win that will propel them to the title game because the rest of the schedule looks very easy. Kansas St. win would give them some respect because they beat a Big 12 school even though KSU is down right now. They get WVU at home and the winner of that IMO will play Texas.

Texas +1200 (1 UNIT)

Of course this is a homer play but hell why not. They may well sit in the drivers seat to start the season at #1 if they beat tOSU. Every one talks about the loss of VY but is anyone returning more talent then Texas in the entire country? Ohio St. has to come to Austin with an entire new defense on Sept. 9. If Ohio St. wins that game then they are going to the BCS title game.

West Virginia +1800 (1 UNIT)

They don’t play anyone outside of Maryland and Louisville. There will not be any unbeatens last year like a USC or Texas. WVU at +1800 is great value.

With all the big boys seeming to have holes and the BCS recognizing the non-BCS schools more I feel a Louisville or WVU can sneak into the title game. I know they play each other but I really feel the winner will sneak into the game. The value is to good to pass on.

USC is my darkhorse to fuck this all up. They have a pretty tough opening slate to have to go into Arkie with such a young group and play Nebraska next. PAC 10 teams will be gunning for the Trojans this year with such heavy losses. Plus they have ND late in the year. All the ACC and SEC will continue to beat each other up as none seem to stand above the rest.

Next year just seems so much more wide open then past years.

That definately looks like some good value buddy. Do you feel any Big 10 teams have a chance to win the title? Ohio State, Michigan and Iowa come to my mind. Especially if Ohio State can beat Texas...

If tOSU beats Texas I think they win the whole thing. tOSU is going to be really good by seasons end once that defense starts gelling. Very glad Texas gets them early in the season in Austin.

SHSUHorn said:
If tOSU beats Texas I think they win the whole thing. tOSU is going to be really good by seasons end once that defense starts gelling. Very glad Texas gets them early in the season in Austin.

Yeah, I don't think they beat Texas though. That defense is going to be inexperienced, but they definately have some talent there.

Lots of great stuff there...

I love that Notre Dame Under on wins. There is so much hype that its gonna get squashed early IMO. Great point about what Fuckeyes did to them in Bowl(and game still somehow went under).

I have Iowa with exactly 9 wins...so thats looks like it could hit as well.

Brady for Hesiman is good value. The media and having all their games on TV automatically gets him votes. Add in the defense is below average and they will be having to score early and often. That pumps up the stats. That makes a Heisman.

I love those WVU and UL title game picks. I really think whoever wins that game has a shot of getting there. Then you just have a great hedge to work with. I liked WVU the second last years national championship game ended looking at this years schedule. As long as the young guys don't have soph slumps they will be right there. Its like Nebraska east from the mid ninieties. That offense just can do so many things that opponenets are not prepared for and Pat will become a better passer as well.

Nice to see you here SHSU...good write-ups as always....

I like nebraska at +5511 odds at pinny...they get past USC look out.

darkhorse for the heisman is kenny irons...he will ahve a good qb and good O around him to be able to get his yards.

Huntdog, Likewise to see you over here as well. Nebraska could be very interesting this year just not sure they have the big boys up front to hang with Texas and OU but you can't beat that value.

I was looking over these and these are great plays man...you just made a hell of a lot of money...lol..

That Iowa OVER, Texas conf title winner, and Brady Quinn are great value...I like the Big East fliers too...the winner of that game has a great shot w/ those two schedules....

With Texas getting Barksdale its either them or USC to win the recruiting battle with the edge going to Texas.

ADDING

TEXAS +650 (1 UNIT)

BTW: When i take Texas on future plays its more of the homer in me lol. If they win it just makes it that much sweeter.

damn texas win total is at 9.5 that sound like one of your patented 8 unit plays that don't lose i think i might play that 10-2 worst case scenario in my book a well more likely 11-1

Texas OVER 9.5 wins is easy money, but I hate to have my money tied up that long.
rolleyes2.gif

SHSUHorn said:
With Texas getting Barksdale its either them or USC to win the recruiting battle with the edge going to Texas.

ADDING

TEXAS +650 (1 UNIT)

Didn't Barksdale say he's waiting till midseason..he said he favors Texas slightly, but don't u think that Sep 9 game could play a roll one way or the other...? Midseason is a long way off..

Detroit defensive tackle/offensive lineman Joseph Barksdale (6-5.5, 315, 4.9) said he favors Texas slightly over Ohio State.

"I'm still planning not to commit (even privately) until at least mid-season. I don't want to make a rash or emotional decision. My parents are also making me wait 'til then because they want to make sure my thinking is straight," said Barksdale, from Cass Tech High School.

"I won't make any announcement of any decision until the end of the season, but I'll probably make up my mind around mid-season. I'll still want to take some official visits just to make sure that my 'soft decision' is the right one and I'll be able to meet players--so I'll probably see three of my top four schools, but I haven't set any dates yet.

"Texas is recruiting me the hardest. I visited in June, and I last spoke to coach (Mack) Brown about two weeks ago. He's funny, for one, but I also really like him because he's understanding and he can relate to people. He knows how hard the recruiting process is, and he understands that it will be a while still before I decide," Barksdale said. "Texas has an edge, slightly, because of their great engineering program, high graduation rate, and the success their defense tackles have in the NFL. I've been keeping my eye on Sean Rogers, who plays defensive tackle for the Detroit Lions. He came from Texas, and now he's the highest paid defensive tackle in the NFL. I have an uncle who lives in Dallas, but that isn't really a factor.

"I go back and forth between Texas and Ohio State. It used to be just those two schools but I talked to my parents about three and a half weeks ago and we decided I should be serious about more schools. But Ohio State has great fan support. And football in Ohio is so big. I really like the accommodations at Ohio State, which the players have, and the locker rooms too. The coaches take really good care of the players. Coach (Jim) Tressel is very approachable. Ever since the first time I visited, I couldn't distinguish the head coach from the others because he's just a regular guy.

I don't think it matter who wins the game. Every comment he's made about the facilities, atmnoshpere etc...have been huge leans to Texas. He has been to Ohio St. he said like 9 times so its not as if them winning would sway one way or the other.

It could maybe if they won the MNC but he's an early enrollee which means he'll make his desicion soon. Unless something drastic happens he's a Horn. DT is the weakest position we have on the team and he would see a ton of playing time as a frosh and definitley starting by his sophmore year.

We've had produced some great DT's the last couple of years the have gone on to the NFL. Tubbs, Hampton, Rogers, Wright, and Okam and Miller will be next.

***adding***

This is free money guys. Getting all the credit cards out for this one.

OU UNDER 10.5 WINS (5 UNITS) (-120) (Bodog)

Horn - With you on the OU Under 10.5 Wins...big time! Thanks for pointing it out. Love the play. :shake:

My futures were/are:

Odds to win the MNC:

USC (+800)...2 units

Texas (+1200)...2 units

Ohio State (+650)...2 units

Win totals:

Texas over 9.5 wins...2 units

Ohio State over 10 wins...1 unit

Texas Tech over 8.5 wins (+115)...1 unit

Nebraska over 8.5 wins (+110)...1 unit

LOL sooner. I hope you know I'm not as confident of Texas winning this game as i was before the season started. They've been weird to figure out. Who would've thought the OL is playing better then the DL and PT is playing better then Bomar did at any point last year outside of the bowl game last year? The defense has been bad though for him which has me scratching my head.

If the Sooners win this game they probably run the table and boy oh boy will their be a sit storm in the BCS since OU got jobbed in that Oregon game.

Should be a good one.

I agree. Actually, this has been a very dismal year for the Big 12 overall. The RRR is as much a question mark this year as I can remember since the year 2000. I took Oklahoma +8 whenever the line first came out at Pinny, but I didn't put more than a UNIT on it.

I don't know how it's going to turn out this year either. Should be fun to watch though . . . . . . . :smiley_acbe:

Back