NBAX 2014

hugh613

Pretty much a regular
YTD: 0-0, +/-0.00

Saturday:

10/18/2014 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 605 Detroit Pistons/Atlanta Hawks* Under 193½ -110
*Haven't been paying much attention to preseason to this point, so not going to do a huge write up over what is essentially a coin flip game, but with the Pistons playing B2B and 3 in 4, and neither side exactly lighting it up on offense to this point, under seems the way to go on this one.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

YTD: 0-1, -1.10

Sunday:

10/19/2014 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 653 Minnesota Timberwolves/Oklahoma City Thunder* Over 206½ -110
10/19/2014 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 655 Charlotte Hornets/Chicago Bulls* Over 186½ -110
10/19/2014 9:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 659 Utah Jazz/Los Angeles Lakers* Under 202½ -110

*Looked like the under might still have a shot until the Pistons scored around 14 points in less than 3 minutes during the 3rd quarter last night (think Jeff Teague turned the ball over on three straight possessions or something like that), but oh well... Hopefully tonight goes a little better, otherwise it's going to be a short preseason... : )

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Thanks JB.

YTD: 2-2, -0.20

Monday:

10/20/2014 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 601 New Orleans Pelicans/Washington Wizards* Under 190½ -110
10/20/2014 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 603 Chicago Bulls* +5 -110 vs Cleveland Cavaliers
10/20/2014 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 607 Milwaukee Bucks/New York Knicks* Under 190 -110
10/20/2014 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 609 Charlotte Hornets/Atlanta Hawks* Over 192 -110
10/20/2014 8:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 611 Memphis Grizzlies/Dallas Mavericks* Over 197½ -110

*Usually not a good sign when I can't make up my mind like this, but the preseason numbers and regular season trends all say 'go', so let's hope for the best.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Thanks Paulie.

dam, lots of pre-season action... BOL!
Ha! : ) Gun to head, I'd lean towards dropping the Bulls (LBJ, Irving and Love starting together for the first time, for whatever that's worth) and the Grizzlies total (just because it's the Grizzlies), but the Bulls have been playing well to start the preseason (plus an unfamiliar shooting background for both teams, so no real HCA in this one) and MEM/DAL tends to go over in the regular season (5-0 O/U the L5, and a total set almost 10 points higher than I would've thought kind of makes me like the over even more). Of course, it's still preseason so anything can happen, but as long as I don't go 0-5, I can live with it.

Looking forward to your plays this season.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

I very rarely will play any pre-season as i have no idea of who will or won't play.. etc etc.. with that being said after reading about Cleveland playing like a real game tonight and lbj not playing the next game.. i do like them to win tonight, i also think bulls will show a vanilla defense...

The whole Dallas starting team didn't play on 10/18 but will start and I'm thinking well rested and playing meaningful minutes. The only player that won't play is Felton. I'm thinking lay the -4 with Dallas.:prayer Looks like a good spot. Good Luck Hugh looks like 5-0 to me.

I very rarely will play any pre-season as i have no idea of who will or won't play.. etc etc.. with that being said after reading about Cleveland playing like a real game tonight and lbj not playing the next game.. i do like them to win tonight, i also think bulls will show a vanilla defense...
Preseason's fun though - like last night when I had the T-Wolves and Thunder OV 206, and it was 8-8 with about 4 minutes left to go in the 1Q. You should of heard me cussing at the computer screen (even more so after I almost pulled it out at the end)... : )

Also liking your Mavs bet Paulie - you just know Cuban's the kind of owner that's going to make sure the team puts in a solid effort in the final home game of the preseason. Good luck.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Hey Hugh, I watched the Clip/Utah game the other night got lucky with a push and you would never think it was a pre-season game with all the starters on the floor at the end. Also I'll tell ya Utah has Talent if they ever learn how to close out games they could be really good. Maybe not this year but it seems there headed in the right direction and I'll be looking at them + points in the beginning of the year. Good Talking NBA again.:cheers3:

Hey Hugh, I watched the Clip/Utah game the other night got lucky with a push and you would never think it was a pre-season game with all the starters on the floor at the end. Also I'll tell ya Utah has Talent if they ever learn how to close out games they could be really good. Maybe not this year but it seems there headed in the right direction and I'll be looking at them + points in the beginning of the year. Good Talking NBA again.:cheers3:

Paulie can you talk a little more about the Utah team, an intriguing team to me.. young kids, new coach, some players,,, besides closing out games, are they able to score? deep rotation?,, appreciate it..

Paulie can you talk a little more about the Utah team, an intriguing team to me.. young kids, new coach, some players,,, besides closing out games, are they able to score? deep rotation?,, appreciate it..

Yes they will score but a funny team as they won't have a 20 point scorer but they may have 6 that can avg 12/15 a game.
The front court should be fine with Haywood and Hood backing him up and Hood can also play the 2. Burke will be the PG and Pf Favors will do fine on the boards and Kanter starting C will b useful also on the boards but his back up Gobert can Rebound and score. To sum it up their not deep and this is where they will struggle and fail at the end of games. Doing this from my phone please excuse any mistakes.

To continue the couple of games I seen them play its hard to get a good read on the defense but they play hard and being a young club in a tough conference it will be a year of learning but they're fun to watch. Haywood will most likely be the go to guy and if Hood is playing the 2 he'll be another option at the end of games. I haven't seem much and have read some and this is my take on the Jazz. Interested how they come out of the gate ATS

YTD: 5-4, +0.60

Tuesday:

10/21/2014 10:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 662 Golden State Warriors* -2½ -110 vs Los Angeles Clippers
*Last time out, the Warriors sat both Klay Thompson and Steph Curry, and only played Andrew Bogut and David Lee a handful of minutes in the first quarter before sitting them as well. Meanwhile, the Clippers have been pretty mediocre this preseason (-8.6 point differential, compared to +10.5 for the Warriors), so not sure that's going to change much against an increasingly bitter (and well rested) rival on the road (plus GSW already beat them once this preseason at Staples by a score of 112-94)

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Good luck Paulie.

Has anybody looked at the Clips November Schedule. Granted the competition isn't top notch throughout but it's brutal ending with a 7 game road trip.
9 road out of 16 Back to Backs 3 in 4's 5 in 7's IMO very tough beginning

Lets lay the 4 with the Clips tonight with a rested Griffin and Paul and Doc I'm sure would like to win the last two going into the season.

YTD: 6-4, +1.60

Wednesday:

10/22/2014 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 602 Orlando Magic* Over 98 -110 vs Houston Rockets
*Just another uneventful day here in the nation's capital... Not much time for a writeup, but the Magic are chucking up shots like crazy during the preseason, and the Rockets played last night, so with Dwight Howard out and the Rockets commitment to transition defense questionable to begin with, I'm thinking this is the way to go.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Thanks Dwight and Paulie.

Hugh

Hope I'm not invading your pick thread my thinking was not many people play pre season like us an I'm thinking you'll start another for the regular season. So if I'm getting in the way I apologize.

YTD: 6-5, +0.50

Adding:

10/22/2014 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 613 Portland Trail Blazers/Los Angeles Lakers* Under 196 -110
*The Rockets with 17 points the final 4:30, the Magic with... 3. Where amazing happens... Anyways, steam play on this one (which, of course, means it ends 123-120) as Kobe's out, and Portland expected to sit everyone but Lillard.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Hugh

Hope I'm not invading your pick thread my thinking was not many people play pre season like us an I'm thinking you'll start another for the regular season. So if I'm getting in the way I apologize.
Not at all. You're providing some good insight and some even better picks, so no worries here.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Ha! Hopefully it works out better this time Dwight. And, yes, it was an awfully eventful day here, although not as tragic as first thought.

YTD: 7-5, +1.50

Thursday:

10/23/2014 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 651 Indiana Pacers/Charlotte Hornets* Under 188 -110
*Looks like the JV squad for both sides (IND - Hill, West, Stuckey, Watson OUT, CHA - Walker, Stephenson, Henderson OUT), and wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Jefferson and Hibbert take the 2H off either...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

YTD: 8-5, +2.50

Friday:

10/24/2014 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 601 Dallas Mavericks/Orlando Magic* Over 198 -110
*The Mavs expected to treat this like a regular season game after resting pretty much everyone last night, so while the natural instinct would be to lay down with the Mavs, I dunno... For one thing, they haven't exactly shown much interest
(last night's game not withstanding) in playing defense this preseason , so 4.5 on the road seems a little much. And while the Magic aren't the greatest shooting team in the world, they've shown they plan on running this season (sort of), so the Mavs seem like as good a dance partner as any, and I wouldn't expect the offense to pull another disappearing act like it did the other night against Houston.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

I'm playing the Jazz tonight coming home after a few games on the road and I don't feel Phoenix will go all out after playing an OT game at LA and then playing a very intense game against the Clips the next night. This being the last X game I think they keep everyone healthy and sleep walk through this one. Utah will play hard and getting 2.5 at home I'll take the Home Dog +2.5

I'm also playing a well rested Portland team +4 against the Clips who I think won't play Griffin and Paul nearly as many minutes as they did on Wednesday. Clips have been good the last Pre season the last 5 years as there 4-1 record tells you but does that mean anything I think not.

YTD: 9-5, +3.50

Adding:

10/24/2014 10:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 615 Denver Nuggets/Golden State Warriors* Over 203½ -110
*Sometimes my sheer stupidity surprises even me (sometimes), but thankfully it worked out... Anyways, no clue as to how the rotations are going to work out in this one (sounds like most everyone's playing, but I have to leave before I find out for sure). Hopefully the Warriors continue kicking it into overdrive on offense, and the Nuggets manage to keep pace.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Back