NBA Wednesday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
70-68-3 (6.87) units

Was going to hang it up for the regular season but who am I kidding. In all honesty, the Det-Wash game plus the Chicago-Toronto losses were disheartening. Look at the Bulls btw, they are stinking it up outta nowhere. Last night kinda got me goin ga bit as far as confidence. Didn't play any NBA but capped out the under in Cleveland and obviously wish I woulda played. Was a perfect spot for it. Oh well, lets see how tonight goes and go from there.

Few random thoughts. Liked what SF Capper had in discussion thread about the Wshington revenge angle but waiting on that game. Want to look more and see who is playing and not. In late-season situations with two bad teams those small little angles help. Milwaukee played a weird little 4 game eastern trip, has a homer against Lakers then another roadie. The problem is this is a getaway game for LA. I think they realize that HCA advantage against Cleveland is gone now. The last two games confirmed it. Bored team, just waiting right now. No way to play that game imo. But then again. wtf have I known since early February.

Nice to see Sheed come back last night and promptly get suspended fgor tonights game. I know you guys prolly read Iverson's comments afterwards but one thing is I love the bench look now. Both times Detroit put that bench out there they controlled the game(albeit Cle was a bit flat). First time in years that Detroit could score off bench. Iverson looked fine and I know he is pissed he got pulled with three minutes left. Understandable. He was playing solid, even defensively. The problem is when he was out Bynum started playing excellent and still is. So, its a 4 man rotation now instead of 3 man and thats why the minutes are not there. Its a problem but we shall see. Now, back to the meadowlands to face the Nets. Remember last time Detroit was here was Iverson's first game. Seems so long ago. The Nets are completely tanking right now. Detroit has a 2 game lead in loss column over Chicago right now. They also have a big game in 3 days at Philadelphia. This game fits the late season criteria. I think Detroit's mostly imporved defense will be big here and they'll grind out a win.

Out at Staples the Hornets come in off a high of another buzzer beater this season. First B2B in over three weeks for Hornets so fatigue isn't a huge issue with me. The 2-7 is soooo tight right now in West this is a must game for the Hornets as far as HCA advantage and possible matchups go. Big public play but gotta go with it, at least the line moved with the public love.

Detroit PK +100 3 units
New Orleans -3.5 4 units

GL to everyone tonight. SF Capper, I will make a thread about that later. Have been meaning too for a week or so.

Allen Iverson's rant well-timed, but he needs to play better for it to be worthwhile

by A. Sherrod Blakely Wednesday April 01, 2009, 6:40 AM

Allen Iverson's post-game rant following the Cleveland loss might have been one of the best executed plays by the veteran this season.
What better time to complain about his role, now two games old, then after a loss?

And if you look solely at the box score, it would appear that Iverson might have had a case for playing more minutes.
He had 11 points on 5-for-8 shooting from the field in 18 minutes, while Richard Hamilton and Rodney Stuckey were a combined 7-for-28 shooting.
"18 minutes, I can play 18 minutes with my eyes closed," Iverson said. "It's a bad feeling. I'm wondering, what the rush was to get me back. For that? It's a bad time for me mentally."
We all knew that Iverson didn't want this change.
He's one of the greatest scorers to ever play in the NBA.
Can you blame him?
But the frustrations that Iverson expressed after last night's loss, are no different than what Richard Hamilton dealt with earlier this season when he was told that he was coming off the bench.
And while Hamilton was clearly not happy with the change, he didn't make his displeasure an issue which Iverson, two games into this, has already done.
But there's a big difference between what Iverson is going through now, than what Hamilton dealt with earlier this season.
Hamilton's minutes were going to Iverson, who wasn't playing particularly well with them.
And when you compound Iverson's struggles with the team losing, it makes for a not-so-harmonious locker room all the way around.
Fast forward to today, where Iverson's minutes off the bench are being gobbled up by Will Bynum, who for the most part has played better this season than Iverson. Bynum wasn't particularly effective last night, but the Pistons were plus-5 with him on the floor compared to plus-2 with Iverson.
Like most basketball fans, I love the passion that Iverson brings to the floor most nights.
But instead of worrying about more minutes, he needs to maximize the ones he's getting now.
Instead of wondering why there was such a rush to get him back, play well enough to justify the wait.
And instead of venting your frustrations to the media (which, by the way, he said he didn't want to do moments before actually doing it), take out those frustrations on opponents.
That would lead to more victories for Detroit. That would lead to more minutes for Iverson. And that would make last night's well executed rant become something more than just empty words.

Good Luck dude. I'll probably stay off of Jersey now. Was going to play them but hadn't submitted it yet.

I was gonna give Jersey one more shot, but I think you might be right about them tanking.

It's too bad Sheed had to act up yesterday and get his 16th Tech. Woulda like to see him in today. Oh well, still like the Stons.

Well, Detroit didn't come to play whatsoever tonight obviously. They have no energy whatsoever. Devin Harris is tearing them up. Should have expected this the way I have been going though:36_11_6:.

Ret, I'll be sending out the t-shirt asap.:tiphat:

everything else out the window..id still prefer not to have detroit in the first round

I think Dumars will have to rethink Stuckey as the pg of the future.

T-dot, most of the fan boards around here think the same. I take a different position somewhat. A few things have happened this year with him. He was giving starting role and played great. He was aggressive and tried to get teammates involved as well. He played great. Then he started becoming passive when both Hamilton and Iverson were healthy. Then he hit an incredible wall like a rookie. Really bad. He started to settle a bit when they went on that nice run. Now, he looks tired again. He also isn't getting the same explosion to hoop. They have tried to groom him as a PG this year which has obviously been a big change for him. Happens to a lot of young guys. Next year will be more telling. He definitely will get chelp if they get a Boozer type or someone who can catch a pass in traffic..lol. Still to be determined obviously.

damn

Harris makin Stuckey look stupid

0 points for startin PG?

Yeah, his defense and Detroits pick and roll defense in particluar has been horrid. Thought they had shored that up somewhat in last 30-45 days. Not so much.

They should be down 20-25 in this game honestly. Can't believe they are within 11 at half. Jersey obviously came out to prove a point also after being so embarrassing lately.

T-dot, most of the fan boards around here think the same. I take a different position somewhat. A few things have happened this year with him. He was giving starting role and played great. He was aggressive and tried to get teammates involved as well. He played great. Then he started becoming passive when both Hamilton and Iverson were healthy. Then he hit an incredible wall like a rookie. Really bad. He started to settle a bit when they went on that nice run. Now, he looks tired again. He also isn't getting the same explosion to hoop. They have tried to groom him as a PG this year which has obviously been a big change for him. Happens to a lot of young guys. Next year will be more telling. He definitely will get chelp if they get a Boozer type or someone who can catch a pass in traffic..lol. Still to be determined obviously.

I think he will be a good pg, but just not the right fit in Detroit. I just think he lacks the passing for the Pistons to be effective. The entire Piston line up is full of good mid range shooters and not enough creators. Thats why it will often look like the team looks stagnant or 1 players is trying to dribble drive by himself.

New coach will do wonders for Stuckey and the Pistons.

I think Dumars will have to rethink Stuckey as the pg of the future.

I have not even watched many Pistons games this year but I was front row for the Pistons game against the Bucks and I watched Ramon Sessions torch him for 40 some odd points. It was the single worst display of defense I have seen in an NBA game in a long long time. Just man to man defense. And the Pistons pride themsleves on being a great defensive team and all, I dont think Stucky is the future either at that position

<TABLE width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=p_tddetails noWrap width=150>David West</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>F </TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Sidelined</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Apr 1</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>ankle</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Day-to-day</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=600 colSpan=5>Latest News:
David West (ankle) will be a game-time decision for Wednesday's matchup with the Clippers. He played through the injury (and scored 40 points) on Tuesday, so there's certainly reason to be optimistic that he'll play. Check back for more info on his status prior to tipoff.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Still the latest I have gotten here...

I think he'll be in there...hopefully as good as last night.

wow no faith in the home squad Big Dog?? lets Gooo Detroit!!!!!

wow no faith in the home squad Big Dog?? lets Gooo Detroit!!!!!

Ripster has played hard as has Walter. Kwame and Dice look like they have nothing tonight which has killed the interior defense. I will profess I haven't watched a thing since halftime. I just know they aren't in it mentally tonight. They could come back, who knows...Joisey let them hang around longer than they should have.

Just lakers 2nd H -5.5 for me tonight. Didn't want to start a new thread just for that so I'll stick it on here ;) Hope you don't mind.

GL man

You get a nice discount on gameline..see if they have the legs/care on the last leg of this trip.

Which team wants to make playoffs least...Detroit or Chicago...

Because Charlotte is making it and going to be a pain for Cleveland/Boston or Orlando...in the have to work for it series.

Just looked at box...Detroit is doing what they should shooting ball against a poor defense they simply have sucked defensively....

true ..defence is def not the same anymore...but the careless turnovers in trans effin gets me 3 or 4 times tonight they would have numbers and turn the ball over with the extra pass

true ..defence is def not the same anymore...but the careless turnovers in trans effin gets me 3 or 4 times tonight they would have numbers and turn the ball over with the extra pass

Still 6th in PPG allowed but thats more their slow-down style...

And they have played good defense at times..genearlly when AI was hurt....

Cleveland scored 79 last night and late in 4th only had like 6 tunrovers....they didn't get the shots they are accustomed to and also missed some they usually would make.

One thing Curry did in past two months is totally burn out Dice...you can see it tonight. He had too in all honesty and the guy looked 28 again but he has no legs right now.

wow bobcats up ten lol..get the bobcats another big man that can do work and a shooter..definetly a contender next year

A.I. needs to hang it up ..need billups back asap..wow please dont whatch this mess

A.I. needs to hang it up ..need billups back asap..wow please dont whatch this mess

With Billups Detroit finishes 3rd or 4th in East and loses in 2nd round...

Nothing much better would have happened...team got stale....

They have the room now to improve...this summer most likely will tell the tail of Detroit for next 5-10 years.

Only guys untouchable will be Rip(extension...maybe not..never know) and Stuckey.

Hopefully trade Tayshaun now while he still has some value left....which should be diminishing more and more quickly...he would be great in a Dantoni type system or at least out west.

Sticking with the Nola play unless something pops up quick about West before a line move..

if I can sneak a unit outta tonight I'll be happy...

if the lakers lose to the bucks im done with nba for the rest of the season..just mlb

Back