NBA Wednesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Grizzlies (2.01 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

Can't believe my last bet of the regular season (almost probably, even though you never know) will be on the lousiest bunch in the league, the Memphis Grizzlies. The reason is simple. The Wolves actually need to lose tonight, quite a paradox there, but it's a fact.

The reason is: The Wolves have made a deal with LA Clippers, which says that if the Wolves finish in the last 10 teams as far as losses as concerned, they get to keep their first round pick for this year's draft. This is probably why the Wolves kept mailing it in in 2nd halves in recent month.
One more reason, but not even close to this one as far as importance goes: Jerry West (Grizzlies director) decided to leave the club, the players might step up for him tonight.
Now you have to realize these are FACTS, no hoax or anything, but you never know what the players decide to do and these are the Grizzlies after all. However, I won't regret this one if it doesn't cash in, we're talking special circumstances and special situation.

:cheers:

Adding:

Orlando (-11) (1.91 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I actually believe this one could be a blowout, Miami are banged up enough as it is, they need all the rest they can get, even though I do believe they'll send their starting guys out, they surely won't force them as they don't need to win tonight and the playoffs are nearing.
Orlando, on the other hand, have a realistic chance of snatching the 7th spot, if Indiana beat Washington later on, Orlando would have a chance to meet either Chicago or Cleveland in the 1st round.
I don't think a DD margin is that tough to beat in this situation, with Heat resting their starters and Magic blowing out their state rivals, while being in need of a W anyway.

Bobcats (1st half) (-6) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Bernie Bickerstaff's last game with the franchise, his guys will step up for him to leave in style. The Bobcats are one team you didn't want to bet against in recent weeks, despite losing all postseason hopes long time ago, after getting Emeka and others back to the lineup, these guys played to win, for the fans.
The Knicks almost won in Toronto and that's a good caution sign there, but I doubt it they'll torture the Cats as much here. NYK are 1-9 in last 10, and I think Charlotte opens this one in a commanding fashion and lead by 10-15 at half.

Thanks to Inspekdah for summing these things up in his thread.

:shake:

LOL

Played the same stuff myself, with same stake, with the same price also today :)

To paint the picture on Tankapalooza 2007 (copyright Bill Simmons)...
If Minny loses it gets 4.3% guaranteed chance for No.1 pick (also they can get lucky if SEA and NYK wins and get 6.3% or even 8.8% chance if both win). If they win themselves today, then there is mighty big chance that they slip to 1.7% chance of getting No.1 pick. And that also plays large part for their Top 10 pick that they need to get as well.

So all in all - Minny has all the incentives to lose this one here.

Back