NBA Wednesday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, the early post because the plays are ready and I think its going to be a good night.

Now, last season I kinda started developing a mini-system. Its to fade teams off a 4 or 5 game road trip in first home game back(with one day rest) who play on road the next night. Basically a big play the first nmight and a medium sized one the next night. We have talked about this all season and its worked great so far going 5-1.

Heres the breakdown.

Teams off one day rest after road trip(4 games or more) and then play on road again next night.

Atlanta:

December 12th vs Denver - Lost
December 13th @ New York - Lost

Chicago:

February 13th vs Toronto - Lost
February 14th @ Charlotte - Lost

Phoenix:

December 15th vs Golden St - Lost
December 16th @ Sacramento - Won

Sacramento:

March 21st vs Minnesota
March 22nd @ Phoenix

As you can see the last slate is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday this week. The Sacramento Kings are coming off a long trip and got blown out on Monday in the ATL. They come home to face Minny then go on road to play the Kings. I do realize Minnesota is on a B2B but I was also quite happy to see that near TD I was getting. Don't let the B2B scare you. Sacramento has enough issues right now and has no business laying that in this contest.

Minnesota +6.5 -110 6 units

I also have a few other plays on the card.

Whatever happens in Charlotte and MSG tonight for Cavs and Mavs doesn't matter to me. Everyone is hyping up this big game for Cavs against Dallas. I am not buying it. Dallas has playoff experience now. I can see it in the way they play that they are developing a killer instinct. Thats why games like last Wednesday's loss to Phoenix only strengthen them. Good teams love to go on road and quiet other good teams crowds. I'll take this short line heree and bite..

Dallas -2 -110 2 units

As well as the Hawks have played w/o Joe Johnson I am not buying into this continuing. Conversley Miami's blowout against Orlando helped me on this play. They needed that streak to end to start something anew. This game is all about toughness inside and a controlled system Riley is running. This will frustrate the young Hawks and Miami should cruise in the 2nd half.

Miami -4.5 -110 2 units

Thats all...responses welcome as always
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

bar, the cavs home record vs the west doesn't scare you? they have only lost one game vs the west at home all year (suns). and right now they are playing their best ball, and just fell short of completing a comeback @ dallas (revenge). lebron seems to come to play in these types of games. should be a tight one either way; but i was leaning on my cavs in that matchup...other two look solid gl

My only questions are if you have any thoughts on where these lines move. I think Cle, as hot as they've been, as a dog at home might be a big public play. Especially if they lose tonight.

My only questions are if you have any thoughts on where these lines move. I think Cle, as hot as they've been, as a dog at home might be a big public play. Especially if they lose tonight.

Dallas is much more public than Cleveland right now IMO. Cleveland is public due to one kid, Lebron.

Dallas is a much better team. Now, your rationale could prove correct. I am not saying I know what will happen because I don't(lol). I just wanted to make sure I got Dallas in under 2.5. I was happy with that.

Trends are made to be broken ;)

Very true. Thats why I use trends and "systems" as an aid in capping and not as a defining characteristic.

These types of plays have been good 85 percent or more the last two seasons. Thats a nice stat to have going for yas.

bar, the cavs home record vs the west doesn't scare you? they have only lost one game vs the west at home all year (suns). and right now they are playing their best ball, and just fell short of completing a comeback @ dallas (revenge). lebron seems to come to play in these types of games. should be a tight one either way; but i was leaning on my cavs in that matchup...other two look solid gl

They are playing great. They have had a nice stretch indeed. I was impressed the games they won w/o Bron. The other games haven't been against fearsome competiton sans Detroit. We are talking about a top 3 team coming in to Cleveland. A team that loves these types of games now IMO. It will be a good one but Dallas is simply that much better no matter what Bron does.

Hmmm... don't know... this reminds me of when the Stons were on a B2B and rolled into Clev -2 or -3 and got WAXED last year... they were playing even better than the Mavs at that point

might now be a no play to me... but if I see this line drop and 70% on Mavs I'll be on Cavs...these games are well scouted by the books and they won't end up on the wrong side

Heat SHOULD win that one... key to Hawks is ZAZA... he's been getting to the basket at will vs. some weak teams and that's why they are winning... Shaq and Zo should man handle this punk

With you on Dallas, don't see the Cavs taking this one, if anything something crazy might happen tonight vs the Knicks as a look ahead. They know the Cavs are gunning for them so I think they'll be ready. Agree with the fact that the Hawks should fade soon, Josh Smith is an absolute beast though, he's doing the same thing he did to end last year. GL with that system

Very true. Thats why I use trends and "systems" as an aid in capping and not as a defining characteristic.

These types of plays have been good 85 percent or more the last two seasons. Thats a nice stat to have going for yas.
My post was actually in reference the post above mine about the Cavs home record against the West.

My post was actually in reference the post above mine about the Cavs home record against the West.

LOL...I see..i totally agree...thats what I was getting at..

Impressive against West though. DET and Mia ARE 3-0 there this season though..interesting

Can't believe I almost overlooked you having a thread up already, glad to see you on the Mavs since I already did my writeup backing them at -2.
I also like Minny since Brad Miller is bruised again, as well as Kenny Thomas.

:shake: GL tonight.

GL with that Minny play. I never win with those heartless bitches.
I vowed last year to never touch them..I have played there games 3 times this year at most...won with Lakers -6(won by 7)..won with Det -2.5 I think..on Billups miraculous 3 to send to OT.

That being said..I gotta stick to my guns here.

Good Luck BAR, I am also on Minn and Dallas but I also played Toronto. I am a little worried about Minn., it seems too good to be true but we will see.

Ready to make it 35-1? (text message from a week or two ago lol)

GL Bar--love all three plays.
NO had a great shwoing last night--looks like maybe a good team to ride down the stretch.
I also think a great play tonight are the Spurs, after losing 2 in a row and having 2+ days off they always come back and route the opposition. check it out

Good Luck BAR
bitch-stole-my-fish.jpg

kinda start I needed tonight...2-0..

Now need Minny to come in for a huge night...

back in the 2nd half of that game..

good call on the Mavs and Heat.........T-wolves are pathetic and very hard to watch hope they can hang on 4 us though

danka fellas...needed it after yesterday...

the world is round again ;)

Thursday's card coming up in about 30 minutes

great call BAR

what u got for Thurs?
Sorry I didn't give you a welcome to the site earlier in the thread..

Welcome to CTG..you'll love it...feel free to PM myself or one of my partners/mods with any questions

THANKS BAR. i got moosed by wash bad last night...i knew you were on a bad streak which made more sense to just effin tail u , thanks again

p.s. told u jeff BAR is the MAN!

thanksss again i needed this one bad

THANKS BAR. i got moosed by wash bad last night...i knew you were on a bad streak which made more sense to just effin tail u , thanks again

p.s. told u jeff BAR is the MAN!

thanksss again i needed this one bad

Yup..I felt the tide would turn today..and expect to make a pretty huge run over the next month to end season...just got a good feeling..really been grinding it out this week looking over the association..

Back in a bit

Back