NBA Wednesday selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 67 W-1 V-55 L +60.32 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Mavericks (-2) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Now how many times do we have a chance to back the Mavs at such short number? Very seldom, plus the fact I don't think the Cavs are going to win the East and smell a small losing streak on their hands. Regardless of their yesterday's loss in Charlotte, I believe they won't do well against Dallas. This goes beyond matchups, Cavs at home are a compelling bet against anyone. Well, against almost anyone, when the Mavs are concerned, with a variety of players who can drive to the basket and engage into scoring runs on their own, plus an all versatile Disco Dirk No-Whiskey creating mismatches all the time (I reckon he'll be guarded by Gooden but the Cavs will need much more than a standard defensive display to slow these Mavs down).

Dallas had a few games "off", where they played below their usual level, but whenever they play you get the impression this is a new series of "name the score" you're just watching. Same in NY last night. They just pulled away when felt comfortable, and sealed the deal. Cavs tend to get lost at times, they blew a perfectly good win last night in Charlotte, and regardless of that result, they've been winning games and covering hell of a lot lately, I don't think they do it tonight.

Some think the Mavs have "nothing to play for", but they're wrong, this team isn't about hunting no records, they won't break their legs trying to win 70 games (after all, now it's virtually impossible to achieve that), but they like winning, and after a sub par game against Chaunceyless Pistons on Sunday I think they step up big and take this one. Won't go into matchups much, I think Diop and Dampier take care of their business inside, and Dirk puts on another solid performance, plus I believe the Mavs are going to do a great job in the defensive part, I leaned under at first, but it seems the books are seeing this one as most cappers do, a game of slower pace, I wanted 190 or better to take the under here, with 187 the Mavs remain my only play so far.

Minnesota (+6,5) (2.01 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

Sacto are dead meat if you ask me. No way this team is reaching playoffs, not after they failed to click on the road across the East and now are returning home with slim hopes of bouncing back. The Wolves are pretty hopeless themselves, but I don't think they fold just yet, even though the playoffs are mission impossible by now, they should have a solid chance in this one.
Sacramento could miss both Kenny Thomas and Brad Miller, but that only comes as an icing to the cake, as Kings' frontcourt takes a serious blow if BOTH are missing, even though they were pretty poor lately to begin with.
I just don't see Kings killing the Wolves here, even if they win it should be with a small number.

Leans: Orlando +6, Seattle-Washington over 212.

Good luck guys.
:cheers: :drink:

After tonight i just cant back those non-trying fucks the Wolves. I hope you have better luck with em than i did.

Thanks guys, good luck to all. :shake:

Coppsguy, I know what you mean, these are two hopeless teams, with Kings possibly missing two from their frontcourt and laying 6,5... I'll take the points. Hence the only 3 units, I can't trust them fully either.

:shake:

Satyr, you and i are on the same side, my book has it at 3 though. So i am not sure how much i am going to play it for. But i am sort of skeptical because i feel as if cleveland has the momentum going into this game.

BOL tonight.

the big play cashed in, just gonna sit back and see what KG and his boys can do for me.

:shake:

Yep, they proved they don't have a match in the league when they're playing their game. Maybe Spurs but not even the Spurs have as many options on both ends of the floor as these Mavs have.

This team has championship written all over it, they "Just" have to prove it now and step up even more in the playoffs.

I was on the same side as you, but i played the halftime line as well. Great minds think alike lets keep the cash comming.

Back