NBA Wednesday selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 51 W-1 V-41 L +34.87 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Loving the card tonight, let's see how it goes. Got moosed last night by Marbury & the Knicks, hopefully we'll get a break today.

Wizards (-2,5) (1.96 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

Liking this one despite line movement, which would indicate the Hawks have more problems than the opening line suggested. Joe Johnson, Speedy Claxton and Marvin Williams are 99% all out tonight and even though sometimes missing a few men from the lineup could provide a spark for the other guys, I don't think the Hawks are set to be flying high any time soon, they dropped 8 out of their last 10, and aren't looking good in front of the clash with the Wizards, who finally tuned in the comebacks of Jamison and Butler.
They won 3 in a row and are looking to bounce back from a bad month. Wizards should roll in this one. I'm not buying these trap or no trap talks, a depleted team that got their wings slashed after a respectable streak, losing 3 guys from the lineup, against a team on a clear uptrend.

Bulls ML (1.99 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Heat managed to beat the Pistons and the Hawks this month, I don't think they'll be 3:0 in March after tonight. It's not like they suddenly found the way to compensate for Wade's absence, and now they're fine all of a sudden. The Bulls have way more solutions in the perimeter, even though Miami, provided Shaq has another monster effort (which frankly I don't think he will, mostly because the Bulls have muscle in the inside and it's not like Shaq is back in his best days and will average 25 PPG 15 RPG every night, expecting more erratic numbers and performances by the big man), the Bulls are one of the most talented teams in the East, if you ask me they could eliminate the Heat from the playoffs even with D-Wade aboard.
These Bulls have it all, a talented bunch of perimeter shooters, solid inside presence, very good D and above all, they've OWNED Miami this season, beating them 3 times (including that 108-66 thumping in the first game of the season), Chicago are determined to sweep the Heat (who kicked them out of the playoffs last season), who will also be without Jason Kapono, a couple of big misses there and despite the fact Walker has picked up his scoring lately (which was expected since there's more cake for others with Wade out), this Heat still have the depth of a full plate and the Bulls are a very tough team to beat.

I'll possibly add one more later on.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Thinking about Celtics ATS and Philly ATS, waiting for the line movement, hoping to get an even better number on these Celts. :D.

adding:

Bucks (-4,5) (1st Half) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

Kobe suspended (for hitting Marko Jaric), Walton out, Turiaf out, Radmanovic out, Kwame Brown questionable. These Lakers are severely undermanned and the suddenly surging Bucks who have picked up their game lately with most of their guys back in the lineup, should have a feast tonight. They also have to wipe out the bad taste that was left after losing to the Bulls in OT after blowing a 20 point lead.
The Lakers were never a road force even with all their men being healthy, I'm not willing to lay 8 points but I'll back the Bucks at HT, after all 1st halves have been their period more than winning full games.

Last edited:
Back