NBA Wednesday Picks

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
0-2 -1.65 units
2-4 -.57
Lost last night, Lakers got out to great start and coasted to a victory. Its always tough for a young team to get down early and battle there way back. Oden got hurt, and you cant plan for that, but he was almost non-existent. Big number was the Lakers owning the pts in the paint 44-24. Something to keep an eye as the season moves forward. In hindsight, I should have stayed away, because as many have said there were just to many intangibles that we didnt know about either team. I know later in the season Portland will go back to LA, and they will probable be getting 9 or more again, and it will cash. That's the way the NBA is, you lose one, but you always get the oppurtunity at revenge later in the season.

New Orleans -4.5 3units
New Orleans has all the pieces to the puzzle back in the mix for this season. They added stud defender and clutch player James Posey in FA from Boston. Golden State loses B-diddy and Monta Ellis from last years squad, but add Corey Magette. In 3 games last year the winning team won by DD all 3 times. New Orleans won 2 out of 3 in those matchups.

New Orleans is 22-6 ATS there last 28 against the Pacific
Golden State was horrendous last year ATS at home.

Final Analysis
This New Orleans team is sexy as hell they can hit you from inside with Chandler, and can hit you from outside with guys like Paul, West, and Stojakvic. Add James Posey to the mix, and this is a team that can outplay you at every position. I think the loss of B-diddy, Pietrus, and Barnes, and Ellis's suspension will weigh down on Golden State until they find there identity. I personally don't think they have the horses and offensive fire power to continue there run and gun no defense strategy that they have employed for the last few years. I feel this number is short, with how well New Orleans plays defense, and how they can match any team in this league pt for pt. I hate road chalk, but 2 buckets is not alot to ask from this team.

Detroit Pistons/Indiana Pacers Under 187.5 2units
New coach Michael Curry has made one thing clear. This team is going to play defense this year. Indiana has a new look there with out Jermaine Oneal this year, and Jamaal Tinsley (suspension). Detroits youth continues to emerge, as the veterans have all stayed. Detroit swept the series last year and won both games at the Palace by 16 and 13 pts. Dunleavey is questionable for this tilt. As long as Detroit comes out and plays defense this game should go under. Indiana is starting alot of youth, and they may lack some defense, but if Detroit gets any type of lead look for them to milk the clock.

Under is 31-11 the last 42 meetings.

Games last year
96-80 under
92-88 under
114-111 over
104-111 over

Milwaukee Bucks +2.5 .50 units
I bought out of this bet a tad after watching Milwaukee play. Redd had an impressive showing last night, but Jefferson shot terribly, and Bogut seems to still be slowed down from his ankle injury. Historically Milwaukee had played Seattle pretty poorly. I think emotionally this will be a big game for Oklahoma, new town, new stadium, but this is still a very young team lead by Kevin Durant. I look for the Milwaukee team that is more experienced to cover this short number and play spoiler for Oklahoma City on this huge night.

Orlando Magic -8 1 unit
I love this team this year, and there on my radar to come out of the EAST. They played extremely well in the preseason, and seem to have alot of the pieces of the puzzle complete to make a run. I give Orlando the edge for the starting 5, coaching, and bench play for sure. Historically Atlanta has played them very tough, going 7-3 ATS.

Atlanta actually covered 3 of the last 4 games these two have played, splitting both games.

Final Analysis
Losing Josh Childress is huge for ATlanta, he was a 11-5 guy. There bench is depleted to a bunch of no namers. Keys for the game are for Dwight Howard to go off, which I think this is his break out dominant year, and for guys like Reddick, and Lewis to hit some open 3s. If they do this this should be a DD win.

Miami Heat +125 .50-.60
A healthy D-wade is the best player on the floor this evening. The 2nd best player may be the guy playing 2nd fiddle to him, in Easy Bease. I like this combo, throw in Marion into the group and you have three players that score. As long as Wade is healthy he can carry this team on his back against any team, similar to Kobe for the Lakers. Neither team will play much defense, so I will take the team with the best player on the court, that hasn't played 100% healthy since the 2006 season.

Heat 115-Knicks 108

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Twolves/Sacramento Over 2nd half 100.5 .22-.20

Last edited:
May add a few more as I have a couple more games on my radar.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Good Luck to all that bet.

gl marlo, i'm on the Hornets too, I don't understand why it's not higher, actually - bol with the others

I feel like NO is a square play but I'm on it
clover.gif

:tired:

ML dogs I'm looking at

Sac +200
Minnesota shouldn't be favored even at home, until they prove they are above a 20 win team. Obviously Sac isn't that great if not worse than these guys.

Miami +130
Healthy D-wade, can and will probably make the difference in this game.

Milwaukee +120
Better team catching points imho

Phoenix +110.
Major revenge angle here, along with San Antonio the last 2 years starting extremely slow...also no Manu.

Milwaukee/Phoenix/Miami/Sac in that order from strongest to weakest.

GL marlo. I think the Minny line is where it is because Sac lost Artest, Brad Miller is suspended, and Francisco Garcia is also OUT. Besides Udrih and Martin, I don't really like anybody on that team.

Love the w/ups. Actually like Minny a bit myself as I have no idea how the Kings contain jefferson. He'll be a beast tonight. Martin and Salmons aren't good enough to carry the Kings by themselves.

I do think the Suns and Heat pull off SU wins tonight. Either way BOL Marlo.

Love the w/ups. Actually like Minny a bit myself as I have no idea how the Kings contain jefferson. He'll be a beast tonight. Martin and Salmons aren't good enough to carry the Kings by themselves.

I do think the Suns and Heat pull off SU wins tonight. Either way BOL Marlo.

I think I will have ML plays on both the Heat and the Suns.

I'm a pissed off T-pups fan, I wanted Mayo, and they traded them. I was ready to buy season tickets to watch mayo with the nucleaus we currently have. So needless to say I won't have good things to say about them, looking more and more into how bad Sactown is though, has me off any lean on SAC ML.

i caught NO at -5 so it was a lucky push. CP3 did not play like an MVP in the 4th and they were pretty much sagging off him and giving him the 12-15 footer/runner which he was missing consistently.

Back