NBA Wednesday picks

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Coming off a very solid night, let's hope to continue the trend.

Gotta join the bandwagon on my boys first. Perhaps we'll finally win a game when we'll all on it lol.

Spurs (-6,5) (1.82 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

Boston Celtics aside, the Atlanta Hawks are (alongside Philadelphia) the team with the fewest home wins, only 9 in 24 matches. They had a phenomenal streak going on, winning both ATS and SU on the road (7-1 run), but in last couple of games they seem to have lost their game (losing to Utah and Chicago (last night) by 25 or more, beating the depleted Clippers' side just before the All Star break doesn't prove much.
The Spurs had a statement game at the Palace just before the All Star break and kept playing very well after the showtime in Vegas as well, beating Denver with ease, and we're talking the new solid Denver not the underperforming one.

I really thought the Nuggets were ready to compete last night, but as soon as they hit the floor the game was over. So much energy, focused play on the low post, executing well, a pure beating. Just beautiful play.
I just don't believe the Hawks have any energy left after spending so much time on the road, they just came home to rest but it doesn't seem to have done any good, as Bulls blew them off easily.
Spurs have way too much for these Hawks right now, this one should be over soon, Spurs by 15+.

more coming up.

Knicks ML (2.24 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

History says Knicks shouldn't be trusted on a home-road switch in b2b situation, but I'm willing to take them tonight. The Sixers are 9-15 at home, and despite Knicks' 10-17 road record they've shown more hustle and flare on the road lately than these Sixers have had for the whole season.
Knicks got Steve Francis and Quentin Richardson back last night, and had a tough battle on the boards against Orlando, but Philly shouldn't be able to cope with the Knicks rebounding wise, as NYK frontcourt has more depth and more talent.
The Knicks should take advantage of the newly discovered depth and a boarding mismatch and take this one.

leans: Raptors
GS over 118

i like the spurs as well. I can't bet on the knicks tonight because they scare me a little winning back to back games is always a crabshoot with them. BOL tonight.

Back