NBA Tuesday

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
24-10 YTD.

Just wrote up about a page on each of these games and lost it.

Will do it again in a bit... at work, if I don't keep refreshing my "border" control I will lose what I type in forums.

Two big ones tonight, worst case I think is a split but I feel really good about both. Suns won here last year by 6 but the #'s show they truly dominated. Celtics, after a lookahead loss to the Pacers will be up to thump it down on a Western Conference elite. Their help defense style of defense will frustrate Ming and Artest and I don't see the shooters on Houston making them pay at a consistent rate.

Suns -5 -120 18 Units to Win 15 Units
Celtics +2.5 16.5 Units to Win 15.0 Units
Celtics/Rockets UNDER 177.5 3.63 to Win 3.30 Units

Last edited:
Last year the Suns won by 6 but had edges everwhere that matters.

50% from the field and Amare shot 12/15 for 33 points and grabbed 15 boards.

Nets shot 44%, and a good portion of their offense came out of the SF position with Jefferson. No longer, is he an option and the offense is really just a two man show.

Reason it was only 6... was the Suns shot 36% from 3 vs. 40% for the Nets and the Suns turned it over 4 more times. Plus, the Suns somehow only shot 71% from the line.

First game of a road trip, expect top notch effort. Harris to me is not a guy like Paul (who DOMINATED Nash once again) in the ability to get by him AND create shots for his teamates. He's more of a score first guy and when Amare and Shaq step up I see this working out just fine.

Bell on Carter will frustate VC.

Shaq on a rookie? Oh my, he loves this stuff. Lopez will find himself in a boat load of foul trouble. No one with Nets has anywhere near enough size for them to handle the Suns inside. I expect a ton of dunks, put backs, and point blank 2 foot hooks for the Suns tonight en route to a 9-15 point win.

Adding:

Celtics/Rockets UNDER 177.5 3.63 to Win 3.30 Units
...made a mistake with the bet. lol (should be 3.3 to win 3)

Also last game the second unit for the suns played at an all time worst level. Hill was seriously annoyed with himself and the team. It is not happening today. This team in preseason and regular season has just covered when they won. Totally different from previous years and with this game being first of 4 just would be very surprised to see a close game. BOL on the game.

Not liking the public ALL over Phoenix.... but this one of those spots perhaps the books were way off. Line has adjusted accordingly with +7 on the Nets now.

Well I don't know about all that... still played them here... mismatches inside are as big as a disparity you'll see between any two teams this year....

Only advantage Nets have is perhaps a deeper bench... and if Carter wants to play with his best efforts... offensively, he has an edge over Bell.

Hey Inspekdah, You think Amare has a big game tonight. Physically, I think he has the skills to annihilate the Nets Front line

Back