NBA Tuesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Posted it in the opening lines thread:

I am looking into two bets at the moment:

the over in NJ (NJ are liking the fact Carter is back, more space for other scorers with him in the lineup, they like it so much they have put up 106, 98, 102 in their last 3 games. Now playing Memphis before resting for a couple of days, they surely won't look ahead or anything, I don't see them trying to slow Memphis down, the Grizzlies will hardly play intense D as per usual.
The Nets are winners of 3 straight, they're feeling good being back at .500, loving the spot.

Over 203
(still haven't pulled the trigger though).

Sixers +7.5

Read this:

The Bucks are coming off impressive victories over Dallas, the Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland - all teams with winning records. But the next three games are against the 76ers, Atlanta and New York - teams that possess three of the five worst records in the Eastern Conference - which is one reason the caution flag was being waved Monday.
"This is a dangerous time for us," said Bucks center Andrew Bogut. "A very, very dangerous time. Last year, we'd beat the big dogs, but then have trouble with teams under .500. We can't afford to do that if we're going to be a good team.

The Milwaukee Bucks could be down two starters for tonight's home game against Philadelphia, due to ankle injuries suffered by point guard Mo Williams and small forward Desmond Mason on Saturday against Dallas.
Both players sat out practice on Monday, and their status was termed questionable by Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak.
No definitive answers will be known until both players see how their injuries respond to treatment.
"I didn't think it was going to be too bad until after the game when I took my shoe off, and it had swelled up a little bit," Mason said of his injury, suffered in the first quarter of the Bucks' 97-95 victory over the Mavericks.
Mason said he came to the Cousins Center on the Bucks' off day on Sunday to receive treatment on the ankle, and he planned to get more treatment on Monday night.
"I think so," he said of being able to play against the 76ers. "If the swelling goes down like I think it will.
"It went down really well from yesterday to today. If it does that again, I think I should be ready to go."
Mason said he was injured when he tried to block a shot by Mavericks forward Josh Howard.
"I came down kind of awkward on my shoe and it rolled my ankle over," Mason said.
Mason wound up playing 17 minutes, while backup Bobby Simmons played 28 minutes, including the entire fourth quarter. Simmons finished with eight points and seven rebounds, and Mason had seven points and three assists.
Williams left at the end of the first quarter after spraining his ankle, but he returned with about 5 minutes left in the second quarter and was able to finish the game. He contributed 19 points and 10 assists to the Bucks' fifth straight victory, and his effort was vital in the team's 35-point fourth quarter.

Korver should be back for Philly.

Took

NJ-MEM over 203 (1.99) 6 units
Philly +7.5 (1.95) 6 units

Bucks G Mo Williams (ankle) is expected to be in uniform tonight.

What do you think about the Charlotte/Miami and Boston/Cleveland games?

Thanks guys. :shake:

Killa, basically what I wrote in your thread. I can't fade the Celtics who are this fired up and rely on all three of their star players equally, which so far the opponents don't seem to be solving, against a one man team.

LeBron is amazing, but Boston has stepped up in the D which frankly I didn't expect them to do, at least not this early in the season.

However, I could only take the Cavs here as I'm not a fan of road chalk either.

As far as the Heat game goes, I am looking at them big time and could add them as a play later on.

:shake:

ToFurkey, at least that's what the reports say.

Smoke, I probably should have explained it a bit more to emphasize some things I see as essential. The Sixers are competitive. They do not get blown out easily especially not against teams that have issues of their own like Milwaukee, being injuries/banged up players or consistency issues. The Bucks may be perfect at home right now, and I'm not going against the trend for the sake of fading a perfect home team, but look at what Bogut said. I agree wholeheartedly, having followed them closely last year. They tend to lose grip against mediocre teams, especially if they can match them well. Dalembert is a solid paint presence, and I like what Louie Williams does in this team.

Not a big fan of Iguodala, but all I need them here is to cover. I will need solid performances by Willie Green and Andre Miller naturally. After all, if you feel so strongly about Milwaukee, why don't you just pull the trigger, rather than be devil's advocate here.

Nothing personal, I just don't understand the concept.

GL. :shake:

Pretty much never play a team on the road the day before they play a home game. Just a rule. BOL

any concern with Bogut's comments?

Last year, we'd beat the big dogs, but then have trouble with teams under .500. We can't afford to do that if we're going to be a good team.

wouldn't this show that they won't play down the the level of competition, and will instead bring their A-game?

Yep, that shows they want to change it, but confirms my perception of them as prone to spill the milk against sub .500 teams after winning a few games in an impressive manner. Basically they all WANT to win. And I say let the Bucks win. Just not by more than 7 :D.

Oh you're right. I always confuse those two. :D

Nicole
564521.jpg

p130649.jpg

nicole5.jpg

Kim

kim-kardashian-2.jpg

KimKardashian030307.jpg

Nicole is girl of my dreams, wow. Speaking of wow, how about Marko Jaric dating one of the hottest women in the world, Adriana Lima, Jaric looks like a weasel. Hearing that *news* disgusted me. BOL tonight satyr I like them both

Damn Satyr, nice job of posting babes in the middle of your thread... Very nice. I will be following this system closely:smiley_acbe:

Guess this system is proving to be fruitful :36_11_6:
Congrats on the sweep buddy. :cheers:

Back