NBA Tuesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
NBA 2007/2008: 1 W - 0 V - 2 L -6.35 units

Not the best start into the NBA season but I'm not worried, these are 3 bets only after all, and we'll have plenty of opportunities to make the dough as season progresses. Just take it easy. ;)

I know this will be a popular bet tonight but the public doesn't hit 0% you know. It's a play with some fundamental parameters going our way. The play of course being, the defending champs, playing in Houston tonight.
I got punked last night with the Rockets choking in the last couple of minutes of the game. Classic Rockets choke, feed the ball to McGrady, force the trey, a couple of defensive mistakes and that's it, the game is over.
Both T-Mac and Yao logged in some heavy minutes last night (37 and 38 if I'm not mistaking), it's not that they had this game on their minds or anything, they wanted to keep their unbeaten streak alive and gave their best shot. Mutombo didn't play, but they still lost the battle on the boards heavily, to DeSagana Diop primarily. Spurs have a couple of big men to throw at them, Yao didn't look too great let me tell you that. T-Mac will have his hands full with Bowen, and Spurs have several scorers who can jump in. All Spurs players can make big defensive plays, and they have several who can drive to the basket as well and create offensive threats. Jason Terry killed Houston last night, and now they have to contain Timmy, who is the X factor for SA really.

SA can run with them if they keep their high-scoring mode on, but they can win a tight defensive encounter as well. The champs are 3-0 this year but haven't been tested against a real team yet. The Kings are a joke, the Blazers on the opening night, not that big of a challenge, and Memphis (Spurs on b2b) had some chances to beat them, but Spurs put them away.

This is a brutal spot for Houston, playing the Mavs and now the Spurs within a span of 30 hours.
They surely won't be as fatigued as the season has just started and energy reserves should be full, but the Spurs have their number and I'm not sure whether Adelman can outcoach Pop at this point, if it comes down to the last couple of plays.
The Spurs should take this battle of Texas and Houston will have to take some time to regroup after tonight I think.

Spurs (-1,5) (1.91 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Other plays coming up shortly.

Good luck everyone. :cheers:

People are sleeping on the Hornets and it's time to wake up. These guys are the real deal and look like your regular playoff team right there. The Lakers have been solid as well but I see this one going in the Hornets' way. Chandler should absolutely kill their frontline and they have several perimeter threats as well (Stojakovic is finally healthy, Chris Paul doesn't have to do it on his own any more, he passes the ball more and they get a more healthy shot balance, with 5-6 players being able to score double digits any given night.

These guys also have the team mentality, the Katrina tragedy might not be in the daily news any more, but people who live in the Gulf South region are still feeling the consequences. The Hornets are their biggest passion right now, a true people's team, and there's no surprise to that, this team has an all round aspect I like for an up and coming team.
This could be the beginning of an era. Sports isn't only dynasties, these guys can become a regular playoff team and it would be big. Remember what the forecast was after they were switched to the toughest division in the West?

Then the tragedy that hit the region, Pedja's long term injury, not many were optimistic about them. But they came into the season blazing guns. Dominating the paint, having 4-5 guys to rely on regularly, spreading the rock, a healthy team in their uprise.
Only a couple of years ago (2004./2005. season) they had 18 wins, then 38, followed by last year's 39 win effort.
But the circumstances went against them big time. Still feeling the Katrina effect, they had to play in four different cities (New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Baton Rouge, Norman), Stojakovic out, several other guys were bruised...they had it tough. Not to mention New Orleans is the smallest city in terms of population and market size in the NBA.

This play has nothing, zero, squat to do with this all American Cinderella story, it has everything to do what these boys can do and how they've been playing so far. The Lakers weren't poor and it's tough to go against them but I see NO taking the inside battle big time here. They're not only a rebounding force, they absolutely killed Denver from the fastbreaks, and I see a major improvement in their D. The Nuggets are this high scoring, fast flowing team at home, the Hornets contained them, slowed them down, and won the game in the end.

Win or lose at Staples tonight, I'm going to hop onto the bandwagon this season, if they keep playing and growing together like this.

Hornets +3 (1.90 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

GL Ray :cheers:

Btw, check this out guys.

Timmy v Yao

1115spurs_duncan2_ap.jpg

I like both your plays (I just do not bet SA until after the ASB) and finally someone agrees with me the Hornets are for real. The Lakers have Kobe, but then the next four best players are all Hornets so thats always a good sign.

KobeJames, good luck tonight man, love what Hornets have to offer this year. :shake: :cheers:

Rod what's up mate? Well I don't see you complaining about that nice Suns winnah last night ;).

GL tonight :cheers: :shake:

thanks guys :D

DuY well I have to, my team in a good spot :D it is by no means a "sure" pick but I think it's a good one. We'll see ;).

GL :cheers:

sportfanatic GL tonight man :cheers:

On the Rockets, I agree with the talent and I am extremely excited about this team moreso than any other team we have had in recent memory (since 94-95).

I just think they need time to mesh together and figure out who our crunch time players and rotation is going to be.

In other news, we will need more than one truck driver to ship our winnings to us.

Goodluck tonight bro and look forward to your thoughts all season.

Satyr, take a look at the under for this game. Historically, it hasnt broken 185 for at least the last 10 meetings. As you mentioned, 2nd game in 30 hrs.. I doubt Houston tries to make this a run and gun affair. GL tonight!

Trueblue good call man. I would have skipped the under however, since the Rockets play a different game with Adelman, but you were right, good call man. :shake:

Blownaway, congrats to your boys, big win tonight. :cheers:

I earned a split, a couple of units down for tonight but remember...

marathon, not a race ;).

:cheers: let's get em tomorrow.

Back