NBA Tuesday selections

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Taking this one very early.

I like the Rockets A LOT here. Sacto probably without Miller and coming off a winning streak and a HUGE letdown. A day of rest and a travel can't do any good I think. Rockets are getting Bonzi Wells back playing against his former team.
The Rockets rebounded nicely from a loss to Dallas by smashing the Bobcats. The Rockets win this one hands down.
The only concern: they have a look ahead situation, playing against Dallas in two days (on my birthday ), but I doubt they'll be saving themselves for it. The negative aspect can't overshadow the fact that I absolutely love the matchups here, and the situation, and the fact the Rockets are laying "only" 7,5.
Kings have been a rather streaky team so far, time for another losing one I'd say. I love the fact the Kings are getting a lot of respect here by the books since I surely have no respect for them, at least not on the road. Come on, they're coming off a complete letdown on Sunday, at home against Seattle.
This isn't about Miller's absence either, it's about the matchups, the better team and the inept road performances.

Rockets (-7,5) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

:cheers:

Considering (early leans, this might change during the day):

LAL-NYK over 201
Raptors +4
New Jersey +5

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Satyr-With you on the Rockets. Please don't remove my mullet! The women like to run their hands through it.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Actually, I will have to remove mine :D I had a long hair before back in my headbanging days :D, cut it last year now letting it grow again :D

GL with the Rockets. :shake: :cheers:

speaking of banging...Hello Eva!

j/k....

Lean Houston as well....:shake:

Wait on any Nets play. If we can trust the NY Post there is some real risk of a trade of Kidd to the Lakers in the near future. Not sure we can trust the Post but why take a chance. If he plays I am considering them myself. GL

Wait on any Nets play. If we can trust the NY Post there is some real risk of a trade of Kidd to the Lakers in the near future. Not sure we can trust the Post but why take a chance. If he plays I am considering them myself. GL

Wow is all I can say....

What kind of return?

I know his value is only there for a few more years tops...would Lakers part with Bynum?

plays so far:

Rockets -7,5 (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

adding:

Knicks (+6,5) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

The Lakers have just returned home after a long and tiresome road trip (3-5) and it's never grateful to back a team in such situation, I'm leaning Knicks here. They might be a bit drained as well, considering they had a long night in Salt Lake City a few days ago, and lost only after OT. Before that they had won two in a row, beating both Orlando on the road and dismissing the other LA team at home.
Can't say I really like LAL here. Against Cleveland, their bench was outscored 46-15. Kobe, who has played 40 minutes or more in 5 of Lakers' last 7 games, had a go at his teammates saying no one wanted to stepped up deep in the fourth, as Kobe went scoreless for the final 3 minutes of the game.

Not the best spot for the home team here, NY should give them a headache on the boards (NYK average 44.4 rebounds per game) since Lamar Odom still hasn't found his A game since his return from injury. The Lakers are 3-7 SU and 4-5-1 ATS since Odom returned to the lineup. I know people will be fired up for the revenge spot but I don't buy it. Not always does a team bounce back and tie the series once they lose a game. Not sure however how Francis' return will affect the game (scored 13 points against Utah) but it does give them an extra option in the backcourt. Tend to think Knicks keep this close if not win SU. Recent history says the Knicks have managed to keep it close in 3 out of their last 4 losses, there's a chance they take this one SU but I'm on the points.

Hornets (-1) (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

You don't see me backing the Hornets very often, let alone on the road (Hornets are 8-16 away), but they've been playing some impressive basketball lately and it has to be noted, against a team that hasn't been stepping up much this season. New Orleans/Oklahoma Hornets are just 4 games under .500, and have won 3 in a row, and are 5-1 in last 6, beating Memphis (114-99), Milwaukee (109-101) and Minnesota (90-83) at home, and even more impressive, winning in Houston and Denver. The only loss came to the Kings (105-99).
This is no coincidence, they got some of their main men back to the team, namely David West (20 PPG in last 3) and Chris Paul, who is averaging 17.3 points and 9.3 assists during the winning streak. Since West returned, the Hornets are 9-5 SU (11-3 ATS). New Orleans have done a better job on the boards as well, outrebounding opponents in each of the last six games, including a 47-33 edge Saturday. Furthermore, the Hornets have been playing some tough D, limiting their opponents to low 40s FG%.
Not sure how fired up these Grizzlies are, they're playing at a fast pace with Barone on the bench but their D has lacked a tough, physical approach and they've been lacking hustle in the inside. The only thing they have are perimeter and down town shots, while New Orleans are a much more versatile team and I'm pounding them at this price, regardlessly of the subpar road record. I think these guys get to .500 within a month.

Thoughts/leans:

Nets-Spurs

The Spurs are in a slump, I've been watching them for a while now and there's a pattern emerging lately of a 4th quarter letdown.

These Spurs just aren't focused right now, they aren't clicking. Their FG% is low, they tend to put away games at HT but let the opponents climb back later on. However they should win this one, I'm just not sure about the spread, I hate laying 5 points at this point, despite the fact New Jersey could be exceptionally undermanned (while already missing Jefferson and Krstic they are now facing a possible loss of Jason Kidd:

http://www.nj.com/nets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1171345044185110.xml&coll=1

Nets captain Jason Kidd did not practice yesterday and has received treatment the past two days -- including seeing a chiropractor and getting deep tissue therapy -- for an aching back that started acting up on him a few games ago, coach Lawrence Frank said.
It's bothering him enough that Frank is concerned and listed him as questionable for tonight's game.

Not touching the spread here, even though I gotta say my initial lean were the Nets. Now thinking about San Antonio but no plays so far.

Goodluck tonight.....like the hornets as well. The Hornets also defend the 3 really well which should limit the Grizzlies offense.

Without Kidd I don't think so, but with Pistons on their minds and the way they've been closing games of late, I wouldn't be surprised either.

I think Spurs win by 4 or 5, after leading by 15 at half.

1-2, only a lower stake play cashed in. But I cashed in thanks to some other guys on the board, took Raps ATS, Heat ATS and NOH over, and even parlayed it all together :D.

Oh well, hopefully this "whatever-I-post-loses-but-still-end-up-in-profit-in-the-end" should stop soon.

Kinda frustrating already :D.

enjoy guys :cheers:

Back