NBA Tuesday selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 58 W-1 V-48 L +42.59 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

After watching the Kings at home against Denver on Sunday, I'm sure this team has no business in the playoffs, if they get there that is. They'll pop like a balloon without an inside presence, Brad Miller is painfully slow, and they're so weak in the paint, Denver molested them in and out, after perimeter D fell apart they were left hanging out there with basically no weapons to pose any threat to the Nuggets, who, have in mind, have problems of their own.

Ok, so they can't guard the inside, but they still have Kleiza, Iverson, whoever open all the time.
They had their streak, but they're done if you ask me. All these Kings have is a couple of solid forwards and Bibby-Martin duo (when they're up to it). Williamson can't play D, Miller is slow, Thomas is a liability...talking about sub par.

Especially against a team like Cleveland (who are 24-8 at home and winners of 5 straight overall) who have Big Z, Gooden, Varejao, even Marshall when he's feeling right, creating a rather solid bunch in the inside, on both ends of the floor.
Let's not even talk about Sacramento road defense. LeBron, Hughes and Pavlovic should feast off their deficiencies tonight, as I really feel the Kings have been relying on Bibby+Martin to improvise the way to win a game. Cavs had a pretty happy time with Indiana, leading up to 23 and giving the guys some rest, they should roll tonight.
After all, 7 isn't such a big number to lay, for a board mismatch and going on a team that is convincing at home against a sub par road bunch with questionable chemistry (hint: Artest).
I don't see them hanging with the Cavs up until late, you're always up to a backdoor cover no matter the number you're laying, but I'm willing to take that risk at this spot.

Cavs (-7) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 7 units.

more coming up...

adding:

Jazz are favored for a reason here. You may want to ride the home dog on a roll, but I think Miami will have a lot of problems against Utah's depth.
The Heat are still missing Wade and despite the fact they won 6 in a row and have everything to play for, I think Jazz do the job tonight, they were so cold blooded throughout the season, so cool in crucial moments, after all they are 43-19 this season. Talking about flying under the radar! Everyone talking about everyone else, Utah are left on the margins. They're more than just good. They have every position covered by at least 2 players, all capable of scoring, defending, an all round effort.
O'Neal will dominate whoever he faces under the basket, Jazz big men are no exception. But they do have their fortes as well (Boozer-Okur duo has been very effective lately on both ends of the floor), plus wearing O'Neal down by using several men on him is a solution as well.
Backcourt goes to the visitors: with Deron, Giricek Fisher, Harpring, I think these guys get it done.
Someone said the Spurs were old so they can't keep on winning forever. How about Miami now. Jones, O'Neal, Payton, Zo. All NBA veterans. Utah have something completely the opposite, the freshness, the versatility, the depth, the unpredictability (you never know if Sloan is going to put i.e. Araujo or Collins in who will have a great 5,6 minutes, this is what Utah have to offer, every single player able to jump in on a given night).
If you're afraid of Utah being a public darling here, how about the reigning NBA champs riding a 6 game winning streak playing against "some overachieving scrubs" (not everyone know what Millsap and Deron Williams are about) and being home dogs? Miami will have plenty enough backers, don't worry about that. I'll take the Youth(ah) Jazz here to end their h2h skid (Miami won 6 in a row against the Jazz) over the veteran team.

Jazz ML (1.84 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Good luck with the Jazz, and good health with the Cavs.

I'm not that big on matchups, so I'm not gonna question your analysis there, but I think this number is inflated 1.5 points. You have a poor outing the other night by the Kings, and a Cleveland team that looks unstoppable. My angle here is that the Cavs have been very focused playing divisional opponents....tonight they step outta conference, and I gotta wonder if the intensity is gonna be there.

Smh I know what you mean, but I don't think Cavs are getting stopped tonight, I'm not a matchup player either, more of a situational capper, but I like a good mismatch when I see it. And I like this one.
GL :shake:

flounder : good luck buddy :shake: :cheers:

I like the jazz and cleveland. I find it tough to wager on cleveland in this spot because i feel cleveland could have one of those games that looks like they are trying to dance with the other team than play bball, but BOL to you on yoru card. I have 2 units on the jazz as well.

Not going to calculate this one into my record, since I posted it so late, but here it is anyway:

Wager Type: Future
Wager Status: Pending
Risk / To Win Amount: 300.00 / 267.9 (EUR)
Date Accepted: 13-March-2007
Time Accepted: 5:21:29 PM (Pacific)
Description: NBA Propositions
Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls 03/13
Player Props
Total rebounds by Ben Wallace
Over 11 rebounds 1.893

Thanks Troutman, GL :shake:

:shake: Why not count it we trust u...

thanks man, I know you do, after all why would I forge it or anything :D?

It's just, I'm posting my plays on a European board as well (not going to advertise here :D) and we have a rule there of not posting any games without writeups (a huge board and would be a lot of kids and idiots rushing in if we didn't have that rule) and they frown on people posting their picks 3 mins before the game, etc... :D

So if I counted it here, I would have to start leading double records in that case. :D that's why I don't calculate my live bets (or props for that matter) since most such bets I take during the games, and it's been a rule that we don't count that into our records.

Anyways, just pulled the trigger (small) on Den-Por over 202 and Vancouver (NHL) ML.

GL Troutman mah man:cheers: :drink:

Hmmm, I think Denver wins it, but Portland covers, so I won't touch it since I like to have a shot at the win when I'm taking the points, and I really can't see the "Randolphs :D" win tonight, but a cover should screw more than a few punters and raise more questionmarks of whether Melo and AI can play together if they can't blow out the Blazers.
Also liking the over.

Something like 107-103 if you ask me.
:shake:

One thing is certain, the Blazers are NOT the ideal matchup for the Nuggets. Apparently the Kings are, couldn't somebody have told me that when I played the Kings :D?

come on Utah let's not let this one slide into an open game.'an_horse' 'an_horse' 'an_horse' 'an_horse' 'an_horse'

O Neal 5 personal fouls.

Fuck this one is tight as a 17 year old pussy after the prom. Even though I never went to the prom, I was a headbanger then and didn't care for that crap, I still fucked girls though.

What am I onto now the Jazz game is OUT OF CONTROL

Come on Jazz

what's wrong with this picture:

MIA 52.0 Eddie Jones made 1st of 2 Free Throws
MIA 52.0 Eddie Jones made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
UTA 27.0 Mehmet Okur missed 3-pt. Jump Shot
MIA 19.0 Defensive Rebound by James Posey
MIA 0.0 Antoine Walker missed 3-pt. Jump Shot

Anyone who watched can you tell me did Utah really NOT foul for 19 seconds or am I just having a bad dream?

Oh Sportsline fucked it up, then Harpring did it as well. :shake:

NIce going Youthah :D fucks! :D

actually it's so nice I'm thinking of framing it and putting it on the wall above my bed. :D

Hmm, who do I need now...

have some crazy parlay :D

check this out. Didn't even check it up until now.

2:55pm
13-Mar-07 Parlay 6-Team Parlay 50.00 346.94
1. 13-Mar-07 Basketball/NBA (Money) Sacramento Kings vs Cleveland Cavaliers for Game (-315) Pending
2. 13-Mar-07 Basketball/NBA (Money) Indiana Pacers vs Minnesota Timberwolves for Game (-255) Pending
3. 13-Mar-07 Basketball/NBA (Money) New Jersey Nets vs New Orleans Hornets for Game (-215) Pending
4. 13-Mar-07 Basketball/NBA (Money) Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets for Game (-330) Pending
5. 13-Mar-07 Hockey/NHL OT Incl (Money) Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers for Game (-140) Pending
6. 13-Mar-07 Hockey/NHL OT Incl (Money) Philadelphia Flyers vs Dallas Stars for Game (-310) Pending

:D hopefully it could hit.

Also have Benjamin Wallace over 11 rebs, sitting at 8 now.

Don't know what's with me and these parlays today :D I just kept playing them :D

ulog: 100.00
Mogući dobitak: 636.00
datum događaj vrsta oklada rezultat koeficijenti
Wed 14-03-2007 01:30 Chicago Bulls - Boston Celtics
handicap NBA 2 (+10.0) 1.92
Wed 14-03-2007 01:30 Dallas - Philadelphia
NHL 1 1.60
Wed 14-03-2007 03:00 Seattle SuperSonics - Detroit Pistons
NBA 2 1.58
Wed 14-03-2007 02:00 Denver Nuggets - Portland Trail Blazers
NBA 1 1.31

The Hornets are done. Don't even know why I played them, guess because it was some dumb parlay anyway :D.

Hmmm, I think Denver wins it, but Portland covers, so I won't touch it since I like to have a shot at the win when I'm taking the points, and I really can't see the "Randolphs :D" win tonight, but a cover should screw more than a few punters and raise more questionmarks of whether Melo and AI can play together if they can't blow out the Blazers.
Also liking the over.

Something like 107-103 if you ask me.

:shake:

almost got it:D At least got Denver right.

Back