NBA Tuesday Let's Roll!

Sactown King

Hail the Maloofs!
Damn yesterday... Utah was up 20 at one point but lost it in the 2nd half. Went up in the dying minutes until a dagger shot gave me a push... But as long as it's not a loss, i'll take that anytime! Onto Tuesday...

Grizzlies +10.5
That's right people, I'm betting a team that is 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games and have lost an average of 15-16pts in that stretch. Unbelievable... The reason? They were +9.5@PHI, +13.5@HOU and +11.5@CLE. And the line is +10.5@CHI??? Are you kidding me??? It's like saying CLE is ONLY 1pt better than CHI and CHI is 1pt better than PHI... Something's wrong here. Also, the Grizzlies 6 of their last 8 games were against playoff teams. I know the Bulls' last few games were also against playoff teams but being as a double-digit fave? C'mon... The Bulls may also be looking forward in their rematch against the Cavs so they may just take it easy against the Grizz. Overconfidence killed them against the Wiz and i think i will see another collapse by them tonight. Main reason i love this game, Grizz finally had 2 days rest which means...

MEM ppg on 2 days rest: 101.1 against 100
CHI ppg on 1 day rest: 95.5 against 97.5

Grizz SU anyone? Also, anyone got word if M.Miller will play?

Spurs -11.5
The Spurs basically own the Nets. Nets are like 2-14 ATS against the Spurs in the last 16 meetings. Last 5 meetings @SAS, they have won an average of 14ppg against the Nets.

From the other site:
The anecdote comes from someone in <st1:state><st1:place>New Jersey</st1:place></st1:state>. It begins with a Nets fan pleading with Vince Carter during a game to "take over," and it ends with Carter looking back with a sigh. <o:p></o:p>
"I'm tired," Carter said.<o:p></o:p>
Carter will be again. Kobe Bryant has shown more toughness in his broken pinkie, and now Carter is the team veteran who is supposed to carry a franchise that just traded its Hall of Fame point guard. <o:p></o:p>
Tonight, too, could be especially exhausting. Then, Carter will be chased, for the second consecutive game, by Bruce Bowen.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA0304
08.1Dbuck_0304.en.3782746.html

Sonics +15
I like this game because of the Pistons' schedule. Pistons are off from a 4 game western roadtrip and is playing at home then will travel again for 2 games. So, the Sonics are sandwiched between the Pistons' roadtrip and a rematch against the best team in the league, the Celts. This is gotta to be a look ahread game for the Pistons. All the Pistons need to do is JUST win so all i ask is for them ito have a less than 15pt win, please? hehe

Helluva write-up on memphis...very interesting numbers...

agree on Seattle..just cannot back them at this point. Detroit well rested even though they have two lookaheads(I say two lookaheads..because the Knicks trashed them last time there)

GL, thanks for the write-ups.

Thanks guys. hehe

I knew you'd ask about my Kings. Unfortunately, I'm leaning the Lakeshow here. After seeing the Kings play their best 2nd half of the season, I doubt they can repeat that. I know they're tough at home and the best when it comes to winning SU as home dogs but they've always had problems when it comes against the Lakers, especially now that they have more firepower. Since the day Vlade Divac tapped the ball on a rebound scramble to Robert Horry's game-winning 3pointer that costed the Kings a "championship", it's been hard for me to cap them against the Lakeshow. I'll always hate the Lakers for that. lol. Anyway, i suggest that you guys wait until the early games have finished and maybe you can see a pattern before the game starts.

Are you from the Sac area? I went to a game about a month ago at Arco Arena. The place is old but it was rockin. Good home field advantage.

i think we should have just factored in that chicago needs this W and win it big to boost their morale. memphis is just a shit team and will be underdogs for rest of year. they are just plain horrible. there is no way they can rebound against chicago. doesn't look good.

Sorry for the bad pick guys... Should've never bet on the Grizz AT ALL... Such a shit team right now playing for the worst record in the nba... Spurs lost by .5 but good thing the Sonics covered. Will try to bounceback tomorrow and will try to play one game as my streak of wins comes to a stop tonight. Hope to bounceback tomorrow!

@cogenman - technically, i was born in Sac but i'm not residing there anymore. Since jordan left the bulls, i've followed the Kings closely.

cannot believe that sac moose last night. was up most of the game even the fourth. chokejob last 2-3 minutes. kobe is the closest thing to jordan.

Back