NBA Tuesday and Wednesday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
21-19 +5.20 units

Nice little run here having won 6 of last 7 to get back over .500 for season and get a little momentum going. Its been an interesting year to say the least.

Semi-super situational play here for next two nights. I won't max it out it looks like because it doesn't set up perfectly. I like how it sets up though still.

The Chicago Bulls went on their annual Circus road trip at th tail end of November and finally return back to the United Center on Tuesday night. It was an interesting trip as they played six games out west before a three day break for Thanksgiving. They then played the last leg of the trip Sunday at Philadelphia and got a very nice run spearheaded by a 31-11 third quarter outburst. One day and rest and we get the rematch tonight. The Bulls will then head to Milwaukee to play the Bucks Wednesday night in yet another road game.

For those unaware, the situation generally sets up as a 5 game or longer road trip where the team on road trip returns home on one days rest to play a home game. They immediately go back out on the road for a road game the next night. It essentially makes that one home game like another stop on the road trip. Their is not enough time to get back to your regular timezone and unwind to do stuff around house, etc. I kinda just found this in 2005-2006 season on a Jersey-Houston game. It worked great. In 2006, 2007 we had four situations and playing both ends of the B2B it went 7-1. Last year the NBA only presented this situation once. I think there is either on or two this year to come. This isn't the perfect setup I feel like there are enough elements to warrant a play. Smaller tonight and bigger on Bucks tomorrow night.

Lets look at a few other things about this game on Tuesday:

Its the home and home revenge angle.

Philadelphia has lost 4 straight and has LA Lakers on deck. Desperate for win.

Chicago shot lights out on Sunday. I don't see them being as efficient.

Philadelphia +3 -110 2 units

The wednesday is the banger for sure.

I remember this trend from 2 seasons ago.
Thanks for pointing it out.

was already eye-ballin this game since Sunday, I wanted to wait to see what they gave for a line...was hopin for 4 but I'll hit +3.5 from local now

...like the re-match trend but it sets up nicely with the scheduling trend and even more so cause of the quick turnaround, still fresh in sixers minds and like the desperation since the Celts blow out on Fri and the embarassment at home Sunday...if there were games in between then i'd feel a lil different but like how it sets up

I watched that game Sunday...Bulls were unconsious in the 3rd to blow it open

think we see a diff Phila squad knowin what they have on tap after back home on Wed...a fresh Kobe

GL BAW...glad u were keen on this as well:shake:

Why do you say that it isn't the perfect setup.

Chicago rest on roadie?
Same team b2b?

Help me out here will you...

It's not perfect ATL because they had tht three day rest whre they were actually at home for a few days...its close though.

It's funny BAR, it seems as if you read my Hebrew write up to this game and translated it :)
The problem is I haven't published it yet...
Thinking the exact same way, best of luck to both of us.

been waiting for this situation for awhile, this was a great find a few years back. Good luck tonight on extending it to 8-1.

Reno

Not sure If I read this right, but isnt Chicago lights out on the first game back from this trip in recent years?

Bold. I think if this line was set according to how Philly has actually played this season, as opposed to how they were expected to play, it would be higher than this. I mean, they flat-out suck. I knew they would, too. I'm surprised your post-trip Chicago fade isn't coming the next night at Milwaukee though. That would seem to be a very ugly spot. Bulls in that dreaded long trip-home game-road game spot, vs. a rested and talented Milwaukee team at home.

Bold. I think if this line was set according to how Philly has actually played this season, as opposed to how they were expected to play, it would be higher than this. I mean, they flat-out suck. I knew they would, too. I'm surprised your post-trip Chicago fade isn't coming the next night at Milwaukee though. That would seem to be a very ugly spot. Bulls in that dreaded long trip-home game-road game spot, vs. a rested and talented Milwaukee team at home.

Oh, the bigger play is on the Bucks tomorrow night, no doubt about it. I have had to swallow playing the first end of this before and it works out well more times than not. I will be jumping on that Bucks line the second I see it at 3:45 today hopefully.

For tomorrow. The Bucks theme song from the 2001 season. Bring back some luck from that team.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJI_MAh1-e0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJI_MAh1-e0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BAR, as a Pistons expert, need your thoughts on Under 186.5 in SA tonight. Been feeling really good about this one, thinking of taking it for a really big stake, but would like to read your thoughts first...

BAR considering the line is @ +2.
Is a ML play an option? I already thought about this @ +3 and now am even more inclined as I would have to buy up to +3

Topic name kind of reminds me of TNT's old theme...

"Tuesday - Wed. - Thursday"

Timmy D singing it.

Good deal. Had to jump out early so missed early Bucks line..will be waiting to jump asap tonight..figure I get a 4-5 in all honesty.

I got dimes and BM...dimes will come up first usually...BM is slow to re-release some games sometimes.

Wednesday:

Boston -12.5 -110 2 units

Like the situation even though its a lot of chalk. I understand that with Indiana's system they can come back on anybody but I think the Boston defense will be great here in the revenge game. Indy also in a major letdown spot after a buzzer-beating win tonight versus the league-leading Lakers.

Wednesday:

Like the situation even though its a lot of chalk. I understand that with Indiana's system they can come back on anybody but I think the Boston defense will be great here in the revenge game. Indy also in a major letdown spot after a buzzer-beating win tonight versus the league-leading Lakers.

Circled this bad boy weeks ago. Remember the thrashing the pacers gave the Celts last month? Im sure the Celts do.

Indy also winning last night in a close game helps.

Wednesday:

You're 100% right about the letdown spot. Pacers are so unstable and after such a big win it is hard to believe they will manage to combine two wins in a row. The line is big, but if Rondo can manage Ford, Pacers can have a serious beating here.
Good luck!

Waiting a few for line...I planned on getting bad end on this line not getting it when I should have earlier but BM has 5 right now...Pinnacle was at 3.5 -105 5 minutes ago fwiw.

SAN ANTONIO -- Rasheed Wallace can be an emotional train wreck at times, seemingly on the verge of a mental meltdown.
And then there are games such as Tuesday night's matchup with San Antonio when he channels his emotions into the kind of dominant performance that reminds folks of just how talented and versatile he can be.
Wallace picked up a technical foul in the third quarter, and his game never was the same afterward as Detroit rallied from a double-digit deficit in the second half to defeat the Spurs, 89-77.
"A lot of times, it may seem like Rasheed is not in control, but he's in control," Detroit coach Michael Curry said. "He does things to lift himself up and the team up as well. As long as he doesn't go over the line, then we're OK as a team."
The 6-foot-11 forward scored 17 of his team-high 19 points in the second half. Even more significant than his scoring was the defensive job Wallace did on San Antonio's Tim Duncan down the stretch.
Duncan led all scorers with 23 points, but Wallace limited the perennial All-Star to just one point in the fourth quarter.
"It ain't easy," Wallace said when asked about defending Duncan. "Just playing."
And when Wallace is fired up, he plays at a level few players in the NBA can match.
Pistons guard Richard Hamilton wasn't surprised to see Wallace play so well after picking up a technical foul.
"When he gets mad, there's nobody in this world that can stop him," said Hamilton, who scored 16 points despite being in foul trouble. "And he proved it tonight."
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was extremely critical of his team's lackluster performance.
"Tonight we played very poorly, very unwisely," Popovich said. "We need to have more people play well. The most disturbing thing is that we were very soft. I think Detroit intimidated us. I think they ran us all over the court, with their aggressiveness and physicality. It was really sad to watch in that respect."
Indeed, Tuesday's win was an impressive, collective effort by a Detroit team that at times has looked disjointed so far this season.
Rodney Stuckey came off the bench and provided a major lift by scoring 10 points to go along with a team-high seven assists. Allen Iverson bounced back from a slow start to finish with 19 points and share team-high scoring honors with Wallace. He also had four steals and six assists.
And then there was Arron Afflalo, whose defense on Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili was instrumental in the Pistons (11-6) defeating San Antonio on its home floor for the second straight season, a feat Detroit hadn't accomplished in more than a decade.
The game's turning point came at the 6:09 mark of the third quarter, when official Curtis Blair had heard enough of Wallace's griping, and whistled him for a technical foul.
Roger Mason Jr. made a free throw to put the Spurs ahead 55-50.
After the technical, teammates recognized Wallace's intensity rising.
"When you've played the game this long, you got to do things to get yourself going," Afflalo said. "Whatever he did, it's a positive thing for our team. He played great tonight."
So did the Pistons, especially as they took control in the game's final minutes.
"We should have played hard like that from the (beginning)," Wallace said. "Then we wouldn't have been in that deficit at the half. But we're a resilient, young team. Guys knuckled up in that second half."

The books know these situations..hence some of these numbers...

The Washington-Jersey game tonight was perfect example and one I should have taken flier on.

Milwaukee -4 -110 4.5 units

Great spot with the MILW situation . Havent read much the past 2 days in the forum and jumped out my seat when I say how the game lined up . Mix in a banged up a Bucks team getting 3 days of rest here and playing the Sixers and their miserable situation off OT .....:cheers:

Quick question, I've always used a local guy, but recently switched to "online". I opened a account at Bodog, but it's 8:30 and they don't even have lines for these two games yet....what online books would you recommend (anyone feel free to give suggestions).

Quick question, I've always used a local guy, but recently switched to "online". I opened a account at Bodog, but it's 8:30 and they don't even have lines for these two games yet....what online books would you recommend (anyone feel free to give suggestions).

TheGreek, Bookmaker and Matchbook are the 3 that i've settled on, and i'm pleased with all of them.

BOL BAR, too many points to lay with celts imo, love the bucks, also like the wiz under and waiting for miami line....bol

Back