NBA Tuesday....1-16-2007

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Helluva day yesterday. Picked up over 5 units on a 3-1 day. Two of the games were lucky covers but we'll take it. Killas over was sexy as a mofo. Appreciate the opening of my eyes bro.

Tonight, I will focus on one game.

Dallas vs Houston

For those of you thatcan sense my capping style you know I go for situations, revenge and feel plays mostly(occasional line mistake plays as well). Well, this game fits under the category of revenge big time. The Rockets tore the Mavs a new one back in November. Thirty point defeats are not easily forgotten.

There is nothing funny about this line. I would say if this game was in Houston it would be around a PK. Tonight's game opened up at 6.5. That basically is on par for what it should be. It since has swelled up to 7.5. The opblic favors the Mavericks at this point. Thats no problem though. The Mavericks have actually had better success covering as a public favorite rather than a public underdog this season.

The Rockets have played some great ball. No Ming here is killer. He is/was the x factor in any Mavs-Rockets clash. The Mavs had no answer for him and that opened the floor up around him. That will not be the case tonight.

The Mavs played a quick 2 game EC trip. Nailbiters at Indianapolis and Toronto still count as wins. At 31-8 this season the Mavericks have certainly rebounded from the sluggish start.

This is a home-team dominated series. Look at the last few years. The Mavs have had no problem covering this number at home againt the Rockets. I simply do not see enough offense from the Rockets tonigt. I will be shocked if they break 85 and actually predict high 70's for them. Mavericks jump out early and coast home.

Dallas 95-79

Dallas -7.5 -110 2units

Wassup dawg. Lean towards this side myself. The best team in the NBA with 25-point revenge? How often do we see that? Can't say that I have the stones to lay it, because I am very high on Houston and their shooters. But gun to my head I say 97-86 Dallas. GL man.

I know your not one for laying over a TD in NBA...and rightfully so...just think its a real solid spot here..big rivalry with a ass-whooping back in the last meeting...the ingredients are there

No question that we should see a VERY focused effort from Dallas tonight. I think quite a few squares will be on Houston, including my #1 fade over at the other place (you know who I mean). Just waiting for the post... LOL

Killa said:
No question that we should see a VERY focused effort from Dallas tonight. I think quite a few squares will be on Houston, including my #1 fade over at the other place (you know who I mean). Just waiting for the post... LOL

LMAO--sure do. I'll leave it at that...hehe

Just saw this be Ivy's GOY other way.,..ruhroe'an_horse'

SEAMEN - SouthEastArizona Menstral Alliance

The Seamen crew is on the under tonight if anyone is wondering ;)

gl homey...i think i will look at this game too. Leaning towards the Under and the Mavs...

Al, honestly think you have the right side. Just like my way better. Houston was up 15 last time and they actually ran it up another 17 in the fourth. Fourth quarter tonight Houston is going to be looking at creatures out of hell at the same time as they are worrying about the Suns. Truthfully think Dallas covers for the game in the fourth and all I lay is 1.5 because of the misconception that the home team might actually take it easy on Houston in the fourth. Take it easy. Right. I am not honestly convinced Houston will even show up for the game. This could easily be a 20 point blowout. Meanwhile, a lot of our friends are tripping down a garden path. Seems like since Pinnacle things are generally getting bad

the revenge is a little scattered IMO, Yao was the biggest part of that equation and Dallas doesn't get a shot at him...if Houston loses tonight, some will say oo well obviously...they didnt have Yao this time...I just think that Houston is playing too well to be gettin this kind of number, i expected the spread to be 5...that 2.5 points is HUGE IMO...the only way I see Dallas winning this one is in close contest...no blowouts either way. It's too tough to lay this kind of number night after night in the NBA IMO...

Good health BAR.....I have 7.5 being an inflated number.

Also, good luck with CWebb....where do you see him fitting it? I don't see a spot for him with Dice and Sheed....he's a cancer IMO...

That is correct. Mavericks win the fourth quarter by 11. More than the spread of the game. :cheers:

tuck321 said:
That is correct. Mavericks win the fourth quarter by 11. More than the spread of the game. :cheers:

Thats one of the best pieces of capping I have seen this year...bravo!

Thanks fellas...

I knew at half this was a winner....sound dumb?...the first half was a Mac show. That took rest of team outta offense somewhat and he wasn't going to do that for 48 minutes. The Mavs were only down 6...a perfect spot.

Great pick. Keep it up and maybe I can get out from last weekend's nfl. Went 1&3 and my money management was the shits. Chased. WAS

Back