NBA Tuesday - Ô Canada! Terre de nos aïeux (Part I)

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Raptors +2.5 @ Wizards -2.5, O/U 192.5

On the face of it this looks like another situation similar to last night in the game between the Jazz v Spurs where the better team were getting the points. However two main reasons why unlike last night I will bite:

- Chris Bosh: In January he really has been the catalyst for the Raps performance and now faces a team that he has dominated last season averaging 30 points on 60.3% shooting from the field. Main reason for his outstanding play is the fact that the Wizards just don't have a matchup for him. Unfortunately for Jordan and the Wizards, Haywood's inability to contain means Jamison is required to help out defensively on Bosh meaning it hurts is offensive production. Also if he draws the double team he has a line of the best perimter shooters in the league to kick it out to ready to knock down the 3 ball. No suprise the Raptors lost early December in Washington when Bosh was absent.

- Momentum: Unlike the Spurs, the Raptors are smoking right now being 7-3 SU/ATS in their last 10 starts, their win against the Spurs before the New Year really provided them the kick start they needed and it now appears they have got their mojo back. Delfino off the bench has been a key, again one of the Wizards main offensive weapons Butler is going to have to deal with him defensively.

Irrespective of what happens, I'll be laying the points in Part II on Wednesday in Toronto.

Raptors ML over Wizards - (+120)

Bonne chance mes amis :cheers:

Bargnani should be able to get plenty of looks. No way Haywood handles him. I fully expect to see both Haywood and Blatche in foul trouble this game.

BTW love that you are on this.

originally like the over but washington has been struggling to score points, this is a no play for me because of washington's inability to consistantly score on the road.

i'm on the raps too rod steel..they are playing some solid ball right now....gl

frankiegotti, washington is at home

Raptors +2.5 @ Wizards -2.5, O/U 192.5

On the face of it this looks like another situation similar to last night in the game between the Jazz v Spurs where the better team were getting the points. However two main reasons why unlike last night I will bite:

- Chris Bosh: In January he really has been the catalyst for the Raps performance and now faces a team that he has dominated last season averaging 30 points on 60.3% shooting from the field. Main reason for his outstanding play is the fact that the Wizards just don't have a matchup for him. Unfortunately for Jordan and the Wizards, Haywood's inability to contain means Jamison is required to help out defensively on Bosh meaning it hurts is offensive production. Also if he draws the double team he has a line of the best perimter shooters in the league to kick it out to ready to knock down the 3 ball. No suprise the Raptors lost early December in Washington when Bosh was absent.

- Momentum: Unlike the Spurs, the Raptors are smoking right now being 7-3 SU/ATS in their last 10 starts, their win against the Spurs before the New Year really provided them the kick start they needed and it now appears they have got their mojo back. Delfino off the bench has been a key, again one of the Wizards main offensive weapons Butler is going to have to deal with him defensively.

Irrespective of what happens, I'll be laying the points in Part II on Wednesday in Toronto.

Raptors ML over Wizards - (+120)

Bonne chance mes amis :cheers:
Rod- Great to see you back posting. Love to hear your thoughts :cheers:

Hey Rod any worried that they play again tomorrow this time in toronto. Obviously washington will try and get this one at home, could toronto factor in a home game redemption for Toronto?

No good with the Raps. Annoying given the NBA injury reports once again had nothing on Butler's status. I should have been happy but have been playing a system where I back the team that have a star player out.

In any case the goal posts have moved tomorrow, with no Butler (it appears) 9 points is a ridiculous number, I was expecting 5 max.

In any case the goal posts have moved tomorrow, with no Butler (it appears) 9 points is a ridiculous number, I was expecting 5 max.

My thoughts exactly, I woke up this morning and saw that number, and just shook my head. It was a nice spot, but that number sucked all the value out of it

Back