NBA Thursday

SF_capper

CTG addict
3-2
+1.28 units

-started new recod yesterday as I decided imma flat bet. not too much of a rip as I had a pretty good record going and was definitely +, but having 4 unit plays on the same day as 30 unit plays, imo will not work for me

I'll likely not play any full games, but its a short card so Ill give a couple thoughts

Wash should win 2night. I hate betting against lebron off a loss, but the cleveland team is too shorthanded to do anything. lebron played all but 2 minutes in the 2nd Q yesterday. I watched the full game, and Cleveland looked really bad. no hustle whatsoever, and most of it was just lebron. they got lucky (and I got lucky w cavs 2nd H) that devin brown and damon jones knocked down the 3s, but really, you cannot expect devin brown to go 4-4 from 3 or 4-8 from damon jones again. the offense is ugly as theres not much ball moevement, and was mostly lebron getting the ball near half court with 10 seconds to go, and sometimes got a layup/drive n dish. their defense looked even worse, and made NJ offense looked better than most teams. Sasha Pav is not ready yet, and there is no1 off the bench with the injuries. really if you think about it: boobie, ben and z out. thats 3 starters. they'll likely be giving points on the road to the unsexy wash wizards. Im thinkin of waiting and possibly getting wash 2nd H hoping they're down 7 at HT. will post if I do play anything. caron should at least hold lebron to his averages, and I don't see any1 else stepping up esp on the b2b where every1 thatll play 2day logged too many minutes yesterday

Sac and Portland. Portland in 5th in 7, the 4/5 all pretty close games hwere players had to duke it out. I like the matchups for Sac, the home team in this one, but was hoping for +money. May still lay the chalk, gotta think. Artest prolly mad he had to sit out end of laker game. Hawes looked real good on both sides. Roy should have it hard with Artest on him, and Salmons to spell. Roy has problems with Artest on him. This Sac team is motivated to make it to .500, and really have more talent (udrih, Martin, Artest, Miller, Salmons, Garcia, Moore) , imo, than portland. Brad Miller was called out and should respond well. Moore is an underrated defender and should do well w Hawes on Aldridge who doesn't really band anyway. Artest should hold his own against Roy, and won't need the help, as Portland shooters get open off double teams on Roy. I would be worried about a flat spot off upset, but they've had many days to calm down and prep.

GS and Phoenix, eh. I wanna watch first. I think 2:1 should be good value for GS, as I say this game is a tossup. imo, shaq will not play many minutes, as GS will make him useless, so it'll be old phoenix - Marion. GS on ML looks good, but they had to log too minutes yesterday, and Phoenix has revenge. matchup wise tho, Baron owns Nash, and Monta owns whoever on Phoenix. Pietrus is playin real well. If shaq plays, he'll get a lot of turnovers which will lead to the break

so leans are:
Sac- don't trust layin chalk with em. maybe hope for HT down, then 5/7 portland legs come in 2nd H)
Wash (might wait for HT and hope to get 8+)
GS (might wait for HT to get 8+)

thoughts?

2nd H Washington -4
Golden St +7.5 -105
Golden St ML +310
Golden St 2nd H +7 (-120)

1-3
-2.2 units

4-5

Last edited:
great stuff sf

while i completely agree w/ you on the wiz winning coz the cavs are just too short handed and banged up, it's still really hard to bet on them even them being a dog by 2 or so. the reason, lebron james does well and is always impressive on national tv, we really never know when he goes off and drops 40 or maybe even 50, its clear that wiz gets a lot of help from their bench and gets a lot of contributions from role players like mason and young, but their defense is average or above average at most, same goes for their rebounding, i would expect the cavs to match up well w/ the wiz, i expect LBJ to get to the rim at will.... im not saying to bet the cavs (just making some points), if i had to bet i'd bet the team that's playing better at home and as a team (wiz) or no bet at all

as for the kings, i really like to play them maybe small or medium at most, good spot for them, and like you said the blazers are playing their 5th in 7 nights, tough spot, but i remembered brandon roy saying they have to win all those winnable games, and winning in arco is not that hard as it was before, they are being beaten at home by some mid-tier teams... i also agree w/ you that there are a lot of people to throw at roy but the problem later might be lamarcus aldrige, though mikki moore plays good d, the kings dont have a legit post presence (miller is like dvac, plays face up and shoots j's), im not really impressed w/ shelden williams and hawes, just too young, they'll get better though, it would be a kings bet or no bet at all

for the suns-warriors game, too though to call, the warriors are so mighty at home, but they play different on the road, its a lot worse compared when they are at home... should we start to ride the suns train? i dont know, too tough too call, looks like a toss up to me

GL w/ your plays

nice insights bro

I agree that the Kings have more talent. Just not clear that matters. the team is 3-7 last 10 with losses to the Heat and Wolves so how urgent the drive is to get to 500 is up for debate. In the same 10 games Portland is 5-5 with all losses to playoff teams. Bottom line is with the Kings the whole is much worse than the parts. Players just lose focus. Bad d is just one sign of this. Each team is 3-2 last 5 at the other site. we know Portland cares and is young. If the line goes up may play Portland.
Will be on Washington for game and first quarter. I believe this year on the road b-b Cleveland is 2-12 su in the first quarter. think this is the third trip to Washington and the third b-b trip to Washington and the first 2 were low scoring 1 point wins for Washington. Cleveland has lost their last 3 Thursday road games and lost the first quarter in each. Agree with the shorthanded problem. this team was Lebron, Gooden and Z. Now they have to develop chemistry which takes time.
Still thinking about the suns game. gL

GL with your plays. Played sac already and phx may also be my play because even though gsw can outrun them, phx can easily dominate the paint with shaq n amare. gsw only has biedrins to guard the bigmen.

gonna wait for half for sac and wash. I hate laying pts to bron.
and am not gonna lay chalk with sac
gonna hope for 8 gs.

These days everything is a 50-50 toss up. The oddsmakers have their lines very very tight. However I like your Golden state ML play, because this is one team that they are constantly way off on.
Also no team can beat GState in a high scoring game.

last night i lost the raps in the worst way, tonight its the warriors by a 1/2 pt ruining a 3-0 night.
an_brick.gif

Back