NBA Thursday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Coming off a very solid night (haven't posted Atlanta but even without it it was a solid night 'an_horse' :smiley_acbe: )

keepin' it easy

Mavs (-2,5) (1.90 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

I'll try to keep it rather obvious here and cash in without overthinking this one. The thing is, the only way Houston managed to beat the Mavs (and we're talking about a blowout win earlier this season) is with Yao Ming in the lineup.
Ming isn't playing tonight obviously and I pretty much expect a take II of the last week's game (reverse fixture) when Dallas killed the Rockets on the boards (55-40) dominating the bench production easily (38-20), limiting them to 74 points, closing down the interior and creating open shots for Nowitzki and Terry to feast of.

If you look at the stats you would think that the Rockets are at least at the same level with the Mavs when it comes to rebounding, but the truth is somewhat different. They would be pretty evenly matched squads with Yao on board, but Dikembe obviously can't cope with a lot younger and faster opposition, especially since they used both muscle (Diop) and speed (Dirk) on him, wearing good ol' Dikembe down pretty early (Mutombo had only 4 points and 5 rebounds in 17 minutes) and leaving the Rockets defenseless in the paint.
The Mavs have more quality and more depth here, I don't mind laying 2,5 points, even if it is a road game.

good luck guys. :cheers: :smiley_acbe:

BOL Satyr. The last 2 times the Mavs have entered a road game off 8 straight wins, they've lost - tonight is the same scenario.

BTW, excuse my tardiness - Happy (belated) Birthday:cheers:

:smiley_acak: :7_8_6v:

Last edited:
Thanks BC :shake:

about the 8 game winning streak, well I don't see it as a sure let down spot again, perhaps they can take the 9th this time? :D

The reason why I like this one is the fact that Johnson has more men to rely on the inside, and even though I'm well aware that perimeter D will be a different story (forgot to mention that under "cons" to this bet) I'm still keen to believe this one will be decided by points from the inside and controlling the boards.

:shake:

Good luck.

wow this was easy LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The good thing is that hopefully all HOU backers cashed in (ATS) and Dallas backers cashed in as well....

Doesn't happen that often that we all win like this :shake: (some were void)

Congrats on the win buddy, nice b-day present.

I was completely on the other side.. I really loved the Rockets in this game.

However, I did have them +3 so it was a push..not going to complain about a tough loss but damn..

Good work anyways bro, a win is a win.

Your welcome...

Btw - What did you think about the Spurs performace yesterday?

I think they're only struggle is with teams that have a strong inside presence and teams that slash a lot.

For the most part of the game I was wrong about how it was going to look, Mutombo fared well against Diop, Dirk, and Dampier, luckily it was Dirk who saved us with a couple of late treys and finally in the 4th as Dikembe ran out of steam they took advantage on the boards.

LOL teams shooting 64 and 62% from the free throw line.

Your welcome...

Btw - What did you think about the Spurs performace yesterday?

I think they're only struggle is with teams that have a strong inside presence and teams that slash a lot.

yes I tend to agree on that one, but mostly Spurs stepped up last night, while failing to do so in previous games, they hit some shots they weren't hitting throughout the trip (until yesterday), btw Pistons do have a strong interior, they are one of the hardest teams to contain especially at the Palace, a HUGE win last night by the Spurs.

Back