NBA Thursday Playoffs on... ESPN?

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
Still don't really understand how TNT gives up their Thursday night games to ESPN and takes Wed. nights? Confusing to me! Anyway.... one game tonight.

Hornets did their thing at home and it was a profitable night. Hitting 3Q, 2H, and full game. They dominated from the first second of the 2nd half and did not look back.

What I took away from this game was that the Spurs cannot stop NOK momentum once it gets rolling. The game gets away from them. Also, calls in this series more than any other are favoring the home team. West got a ton of fouls called in his favor, and Parker did not get anything going to the basket. I prefer this style of calls but don't expect that to continue to SAS. Hornets are 1-3 ATS and 1-3 SU on the road this playoffs. West has a banged up back and Chandler landed awkwardly on his ankle with about 6 mins to go in New Orleans in game 5.

Should they fall behind...they might call this one early and pack it in. Sure, they know they must win on the road... but if SAS can get a call or two I think this one can get away from them.

Nearly 60% of the public biting on the Hornets... I'll roll with the Spurs to win. I think they cover the #, but after 3 of the last 4 games w/ the road team barely covering... I bought off the number 7 big time. My brother, who begged me to hit the Hornets hard in G5 told me he expects the Spurs to beat them... he thought 7 was a bit much but said he'd still lay it.

I won't lay that much....

Spurs -5 -150 $3000 to win $2000.

Yea I don't understand either...but ESPN HD looks a lot better than TNT!

Good Luck tonight.

yea bought down points. that's why -5 pays 3 to 2. in his case 3000 bet for 2000.

Yes I paid some $$$ to get it to 5 but I think it may come in handy. I can live with -150 but nothing higher than that... certainly not going to risk $6500 to win $2000 on the ML.

Magic lost by 5 on the road.. Jazz and Cavs both by 7... both trickling right under the #. Magic covering looked a bit fishy, and the Celtics just for some reason felt like giving the Cavs a shot at a miracle rather than winning by DD's.

It's more me trying to get under a number that is already slightly inflated. I figure the line should be 6, 6.5 but because of the home court run... we see 7 and 7.5...

SAS free throw shooting too doesn't bode all that well for them to cover larger #s.

All this being said, if I couldn't have bought points I would still play it at 7.

I think we're gearing up for a terrific game 7.

Spek, I'd think game 7 is 3.5 Hornets

who would you lean there? I'm really puzzled with this series. I thought Spurs would lose game 4 but they got up

then Hornets got up again to get the momentum back to their side...

now if SA wins again...just wow.

what happens game 7?

Can the Spurs hold the Hornets down for 48 minutes? When the game is close it seems like the Spurs usually control it... but the problem is the Spurs are used to controlling a game by 2-6 points. In seconds, the Hornets have came back and tied it from 6 to 8 points down at home... then minutes later they are up a dozen points.

Spurs can seem to calm this trend down on at home. It might be the Hornets playing worse just as much as the Spurs playing better. They don't put these 15-2 type runs together on the road.

Does the home team cover every game? A close game here with a Spurs win would give around a 4, 4.5 line in the Hornets favor. If the Spurs win by DD going away... I would say you could see 3 or 3.5.

Doubt if the home team is 6-0 SU and ATS if you would see anything that even comes close to seeing any value on the home team. You might even see 4.5 or 5 if the Hornets keep it close tonight.

im salivating over that game 7...imho, the hornets finally take care of the spurs and beat them by 20+...might be my biggest play of this playoff season....

Back