NBA Thursday pick (+writeup)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 61 W-1 V-50 L +49.73 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Decided to pull the trigger on this one anyways.

Nets (-2) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

The longer I thought about this one the more I liked it. Miami have stepped up big lately, they're streaking, winning games they should've lost by a mile, and they're living the Floridian dream again, the NBA champions rising just before the playoffs.
But they're still shorthanded, and with all the NBA veterans they have aboard, they should start dropping games really soon, especially on the road.
The Nets have waited a long time to get all their guys back to the lineup. Well, almost all, Krstic is still out.
New Jersey aren't world beaters but they aren't to be underestimated either, and they've got everything to play for, with the playoffs nearing and their record floating around .460.
The fact that the Heat stepped up big and won the game they should've lost looking at the first 3 quarters, makes this one even stronger, Miami have won 7 in a row but I'm on the fade here.
Mikki Moore has played some solid ball lately, Jefferson seems to be back on track after a long injury, Kidd should have his hands full of distributing the rock tonight, Nachbar has been shooting well, expecting a 25+ effort from Carter as well.

This is the only play for tonight (except for a pair of NHL bets), I won't touch the other two games, leaning towards the Bucks +7 and Lakers +4, but too many contradicting indicators, so laying off.

Good luck guys.:cheers:

he's right :D it is a sucker bet :D I've just seen it now, everyone and their neighbor are on the Nets :an_roll_laugh:

You know what the best thing is?

Cavs were a sucker bet yesterday too. :D

the "public" sides arent always wrong...they win about 50% of the time...all of the soo called 'elite" cappers who cant bet on a game they consider to be a square play are missing out on tons of good spots...insecurity is rampant in the world of sports handicapping

the "public" sides arent always wrong...they win about 50% of the time...all of the soo called 'elite" cappers who cant bet on a game they consider to be a square play are missing out on tons of good spots...insecurity is rampant in the world of sports handicapping
yep

I agree. I was kidding anyways, related to my yesterday's thread and discussion with Handy.

Anyways. :shake: Hope our boys do the job for you tonight. :cheers: :drink: :wacka wacka:

Btw Cake, we should start a collaboration of our own :D

Satyr & Cake's Sucker Bets

:an_roll_laugh:

why waiting for the line move if it's a sucker bet? it's gonna lose regardlessly. You can find Nets +10, still gonna be sucker.

lol...aw god..here comes the roomate debate..lol

Square plays are good...when you pick the right spots...

If you can combine a bit of both you will do just fine in NBA imo

If you can combine a bit of both you will do just fine in NBA imo

That's exactly what I'm doing. :shake: combining. Actually not caring that much for what's square or "sucker" and what isn't. Did fine so far. :smiley_acbe:

yep it is buddy :D

an adverb. It's sad that a European kid has to teach you that :D
Come on Red, come on in and tell me I used it wrongly. :D

see that "ly" in the end :D I just did it again :D. :an_roll_laugh:

Back