NBA Thursday... ORL +5.5???

Sactown King

Hail the Maloofs!
Game 2 line was ORL -3.5
Game 3 line was ORL -4.5
Game 6 line is... ORL +5.5??????

Are Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee worth 10 points??? You gotta be kidding me... Lee is good for .5 at the most but is Howard worth the other 9.5??? Am I missing something here?

I'd definitely take Magic +5.5 here since no way Philly should be laying this high against a Magic team that is 12-4 ATS as dogs all season long. Marcin Gortat will rule in this game! Mark my words!!!

The other bet is o184. The reason behind this is quite simple. With Dwight Howard gone, Magic will definitely lean on their other potent weapon which is the 3pt shot. They'll definitely be trigger-happy in this game knowing they don't have Howard in the middle so I expect them to at least hit 10 treys. On the other side, Philly's offense is more on slashing since Young, Iguodala, Miller are better off driving the lane rather than taking outside shots. They'll definitely have an easier time driving to the hoop since the defensive player of the year is out.

I can't believe it's only 5.5.

Orlando without Howard will really be amusing to watch.

Like the Over more than the side - Orlando could mail their effort if they get down by a bunch late. This line imo reflects the compounding nature of Orlando's missing players on Philly's must-win situation. If this was must-win for no-one or must-win for Orlando only, then I don't think you'd have seen as big a line move.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orlando shot 40 trey's tonight.

To answer your question, Dwight Howard is 20-15 guy almost every night. His presence in the middle alter's shots, and fucks with other teams offenses. Not to mention opening up Lewis, and Turk for all those 3's they love to chuck up. He is definately 10pt difference either way.

If Philly shows up to play, this shouldn't even be a game.

Yeah, thinking about it. Line movement looks normal since -4.5 to +5.5 doesn't seem to be that striking compared to a line movement of pk to +10. But i'm still feeling good about this ORL team to finish it off since Gortat always seems to come up with good stats when Howard is resting.

You also have to note when betting over is that Dwight also creates many easy shots for his teammates and leaves them on open treys, without him and Turk slowed down by his ankle, I don't see many playmakers in Orlando. Also Lee played great in this series so far, and he's out too.

Yeah, thinking about it. Line movement looks normal since -4.5 to +5.5 doesn't seem to be that striking compared to a line movement of pk to +10. But i'm still feeling good about this ORL team to finish it off since Gortat always seems to come up with good stats when Howard is resting.

Gortat is my homie, so i can tell you somethin....he's really good as a substitution for Dwight but i know he might not be able to play that good as a starter imo hes not ready to do it mentally, yet. Hes still too shaky. Defense should be ok but im worried bout hes offensive participation. Wouldnt count on him too much:shake:

<table width="620" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#003366"><td valign="top" width="120">4/30/2009 6:30 PM</td> <td valign="top" width="500">Total 3pt shots made in the game Wager is on the total # of 3 point shots made in game (Combined by both teams). Overtime counts towards wager. NBA.com for stat's. Max wager $300 No rebets without line movement.</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="620" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="55" align="center">213</td> <td width="300">Over 13½ 3pt shots </td> <td width="65"> -115 </td> <td width="200"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="620" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="55" align="center">214</td> <td width="300">Under 13½ 3pt shots </td> <td width="65"> -115</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#003366"><td valign="top" width="120">4/30/2009 6:30 PM</td> <td valign="top" width="500">Total 3pt shots made in the game Wager is on the total # of 3 point shots made in game (Combined by both teams). Overtime counts towards wager. NBA.com for stat's. Max wager $300 No rebets without line movement.</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="620"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="55">213</td> <td width="300">Over 13½ 3pt shots </td> <td width="65"> -115 </td> <td width="200">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr><td align="center" width="55">214</td> <td width="300">Under 13½ 3pt shots </td> <td width="65"> -115</td></tr></tbody></table>

what book is that at?

...i think the Sixers roll 'em up here exposing that weak middle with penetration

The Greek

If Gortat plays, hes actually a very good rebounder and they probably dont lose a ton on the defensive end, its the offensive end where will have 0 post presense. Theyll have to jack up a ton of threes, especially if Reddick starts.

The Greek

If Gortat plays, hes actually a very good rebounder and they probably dont lose a ton on the defensive end, its the offensive end where will have 0 post presense. Theyll have to jack up a ton of threes, especially if Reddick starts.

:shake:

Magic and the over looking good right now... Gortat 6 rebs, Phi 6 rebs... i knew he'd be a factor. LOL. 5 3pt shots made already. 9 more to go Masterp.

Back