NBA Thursday & Friday...

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

08-09 Record 8-5-1 (+$290)

Been Working a LOT recently, playing more poker than capping sports...but this is a solid trend tonight and I cant pass it up.

Atlanta +4 (550 to win 500)

I understand that the line has moved further down, I got this a few hours ago with my local however I would still take it at 3...and wish I could've seen this when it was at five. Since last years playoffs...Boston has not won in Atlanta. The Hawks are playing well right now and Pierce's nagging injury adds to this one as well. He's listed as probable, and I'm sure he's gonna give it a go. However were talking about as meaningless of a game as Boston will play for the entire first half of the season. (Yes I'm sure they'd like to keep their winning streak goin, and yes i'm sure they're focusing on winnings games in Atlanta and Boston this season) Atlanta wins this one st8 up, why? Because I said so

O btw, tonight when I get home..I'm gonna discuss the next two days lines...I should've put this in a seperate thread but o well...bbl with more on tommorow /friday

do u think your spurs can take it tonight? i am leaning hornets and over but would like your insight

this is another matchup where the home team dominates...right now, I'd give the edge to the Spurs b/c I personally think they're still coming back together and are slightly undervalued. If this was a playoff game, I'd cap this game at New Orleands -1...meaning I wouldn't bet it...I don't need to...it'll be fun enough to watch

Since last years playoffs...Boston has not won in Atlanta.

I'd venture to guess this is because they haven't played in Atlanta since last years playoffs...

If you've watch Boston this year, it doesn't look like they know what a meaningless game is. I think Boston will be up for this one.

Good Health.

glad to amuse you as always j. lol

miss ya kid...get home for the holidays!!!

yes slug, i knew they haven't played since they playoffs...it's the series I was talking about...

why i made the thread title is b/c i'm looking at a game for friday...we'll see wha happens tommorow

I was laughing b/c you fucked up the day in yet another thread title, but this time tried to play it off like you did it on purpose. Come on. That's funny.

I'm watching this game in Atlanta. Great game.

My God, they just don't lose games...they weren't supposed to win that game IMO...

who cares, weeeeeeeeeeee money...

Justin, actually what happened was I was gonna post a long discussion about friday's game and post my play I bet for today but I had my appointment show up early soo I was talking to them in my office and posting the thread simultaneously

no...was looking at the knicks game...

I love how their playing, I love their energy...

D'antoni said somthing very important the other night...he said they cant afford to play up and down to their competition...if they play like they did out west..they should dominate

Knicks owe the Bucks from the beatdown they gave em the second game of the season in the garden

yah mokey...that's part of it IMO..we'll see

I'm in fucking New Jersey today (woke up at 5:15 AM this morning)...for a meeting...that's not the bad part...the bad part is I woke up and watched the second half of the Spurs game and watched my boys fall apart in the last 6 minutes...god damn it timmy!!

Take the Spurs/Magic under 192.5

Spurs off the back to back, after a late game last night...Orlando missing Howard (most likely)...I wonder where the consistant buckets will come from tongiht. I think both teams are gonna rely on defense tonight and the games up in the air IMO.

(woke up at 5:15 AM this morning)...Spurs game and watched my boys fall apart in the last 6 minutes...god damn it timmy!!

did the same thing this morning.

Nice hit last night tailed you and picks on the Hawks, and hit a nice middle at half.

Take the Spurs/Magic under 192.5

Spurs off the back to back, after a late game last night...Orlando missing Howard (most likely)...I wonder where the consistant buckets will come from tongiht. I think both teams are gonna rely on defense tonight and the games up in the air IMO.

This makes sense. GL :cheers:

I'm strong on the Over here. Don't see a reason why at least team won't reach 100 points and the other 90 points.

Divol:

Orlando scores 77 the last time Howard gave them less than 10 points, and it's likely he's out tonight...

Spurs are a historic team under on hard fought B2Bs...I've been watching it for years...

either team can hit 100 and this is nowhere NEAR in the bag yet...

BOL but I don't see how thinking at least one team hitting 100 guarantees anything?...not to mention I don't understand why you think either team is guaranteed to hit 100 tonight...

BTW, I took the play for 200 tonight soo BOL guys

08-09 Record 9-5-1 (+$790)

San Antonio/Orlando under 192.5 (220 to win 200)

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><tr> <td class="p_tddetails" colspan="5">Latest News:
Dwight Howard is expected to play against the Spurs on Thursday and said his knee injury is not a major concern. "It’s a bruise. That’s all it is," Howard said. "It’s just like if I bruised my elbow. Just ice it</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>
gl man...Howard looks like he's playin but how effective?

I dunno bro, he missed the last two games...soo I doubt this is "just a bruise"...it's gotta be a painfull one at the least...if he plays, I'm sure he's not gonna be near as mobile...the line is still dropping soo I'm not gonna juice out or anything...BOL

I will write what I wrote in my thread :)

My thoughts are simple. Under for Spurs in B2B, especially after a loss is a problem, I agree with Billivy and his thread. But rather than that, Spurs own Magic lately and they do it through offense. It's more than a trend. Magic are just too soft and it is not an unknown fact. With Hedo and Lewis at 3 and 4 and without Reddick, I just don't see who will stop any of the Spurs trio. Nelson on Parker??? Redick on Manu? I don't know what will be funnier to see. Who will guard Duncan? If it is Howard, he is not as smart as him and I believe that Bonner will play less and Thomas with Omberto given more minutes and Spurs control under the rim. If it is Hedo or Lewis? On Duncan?? No brainer than. Spurs have their problems as well. Their best perimeter stopper, Bowen is just not what he used to be. Add Finley's poor D and tired legs and it should be Magic three points shootout tonight. I see value in Spurs here, but all the Magic backers, take the Over. I just can't see Magic win and cover here and still for this game to go Under.

yes aplous...

divol, it's not about FG % tho...it's not about how easy it's going to be for teams to score...these teams play slowly...unders are golden when Duncan is having great nights...they establish their entire offense through the post, and rarelly a shot is taken with more than 15 on the shot clock...right now, the Spurs are having problems from behind the arc and B2Bs make those shots come up short (if duncan is having his way, it'll open up the perimeter for bonner, bowen, mason, hill, finley, & ginobli soo I thought I'd address that point)...i dunno, lets' see what happens..it tough when people have the opposite side of a play in chat boxes before the game...we both have our reasons...BOL (to me...lol)

2 good cappers on opposite sides:popcorn:

You shall repent for that blasphemous remark. When billivy unveils a play, all other opinions are immediately rendered irrelevant.

UNDER it is, and that's the last of any dissent I'll tolerate.

GL to us :cheers:

under looks like a winner already...spurs +15 for game with halftime line looks appealing.

oso$...why do the spurs give a fuck enough to make this a remotely close game? they go back home for 9 of 12 at home, and from what i've seen of them, they clearly could care less about this game. not to mention that they have really not looked good at all offensively the last two games. not looked good is quite an understatement. under was pretty much a winner 10 mins into the game...i love when that happens and i'm on the opposite side. just as billivy said, threes are coming up short; but i didn't expect duncan to play like a complete asshole either

broadway, have to believe the spurs fight back to make this a game. I know things are not looking good for them at the moment, but I have a feeling this could still come down to the wire. With all that said and done, magic probably roll.

You shall repent for that blasphemous remark. When billivy unveils a play, all other opinions are immediately rendered irrelevant.

UNDER it is, and that's the last of any dissent I'll tolerate.

GL to us :cheers:
:36_11_6: How silly of me.

I dunno, I honestly don't know if they have a run in them...I mean I hope they do, but then again...I hope they dont...sooo

I dunno...lol

yup....

New York Knicks -2.5 (550 to win 500)....time to make some real money boys!!!

thanks man...sorry we both couldn't win...

take a look @ the Knicks game, tell me what you think

I'm gonna spend the next 4 hours F5'ng the shit out of this, in the hope that we clear 2,000 views and let that BAR guy know that there's a new sherrif in town.

GL, not that you need it!

the thread makeup is all that's needed to obtain the views...why do you think people don't just put on day threads?lololll

I was 99% sure, then I did it...now I'm 100% :)

I cant pull the triger on the over, the line goes soo far agains the numbers I calculate that I cant justify it...(I'm fairly certain I'm wrong...and this is one of those situations where numbers are meaningless but I cant do it)

Back