NBA Teams Playing 4th game in 5 nights

smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
I'll be tracking this all year. If someone can tell me how to post my excel spreadsheet, I'll post it after every update. Also would like to make this a sticky thread.

YEAR-TO-DATE RESULTS

• Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights are 30-27-1 ATS and 21-34 SU.
  • Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights AWAY are 20-18-1 ATS and 14-25 SU
  • Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights AWAY vs an opponent with rest are 10-8-1 ATS and 5-14 SU
  • Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights AWAY vs an opponent with no rest are 9-12 ATS and 9-12 SU
  • Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights HOME are 10-7 ATS and 10-7 SU.
  • Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights HOME vs an opponent with rest are 2-3 ATS and 2-3 SU
  • Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights HOME vs an opponent with no rest are 8-4 ATS and 8-4 SU.
NOVEMBER:

• Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights are 10-5-1 ATS and 7-9 SU.
DECEMBER:

• Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights are 13-6 ATS and 10-9 SU.
JANUARY:

Teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights are 5-5 ATS and 5-5 SU

FEB:
  • Teams playing 4th game in 5 nights are 2-10 ATS and SU

Last edited:
I pinned it.

if it gets unpinned, then someone more important did it. I think these are good reality checks for situation plays....

Very interesting thread. I will be checking this one all season long. Looks to be a solid trend to follow.

The Twolves are playing their 4th in 5 tonight AT Houston. I will update the first thread to close out Nov tomorrow.

The Nov results have been updated to reflect the Twolves cover in Houston last night.

The Nov results have been updated to show the Clippers game last night. That'll close the month out, and it should be noted that teams playing 4/5 went 10-5-1 ATS

Records have been updated to reflect Saturdays games. For the third time this season we had a game where BOTH teams were playing their 4th game in 5 nights. The Raptors SU and thus ATS win over the home Knicks now makes the home teams in such situations 1-2 ATS and SU. It should be noted that all three of the home teams were home off a road game.

Records have been updated to reflect Sacto @ Phx last night. Teams playing their 4th in 5th regardless of situation are 1-4 ATS and SU last 5.

i have an excel file with all the teams schedules. if you want a copy I can send you the files, just PM me your email address. For anyone that wants one

Records have been updated to reflect Houstons win on Saturday. Houston is the first road team playing 4/5 to be favored (-1).

* 4 games in 5 nights does NOT apply to the Phoenix Suns. Remember, they go all out for the championship in the regular season then Nasty Nash is broke for the playoffs.

NickFazekas said:
* 4 games in 5 nights does NOT apply to the Phoenix Suns. Remember, they go all out for the championship in the regular season then Nasty Nash is broke for the playoffs.

It applies to everyone. Will update the 4/5 thread on Friday morning.

Results have now been updated to show Phx's win over orlando on Monday. Note that Phx was the 1st teams to win a game playing 4/5 SU on the road against a rested opponent.

Records have been udated to reflect the Spurs game last night. Teams playing 4/5 are now hitting at a 64% clip ATS and are almost .500 SU.

Records have been updated to reflect the 3 results from Saturday night. Teams playing 4/5 are now 17-8-1 ATS!!

Records have been updated to reflect the games from 12/30. All numbers are now up-to-date.

SportsNut,

No.

All records are current as of today.

Next step is to break it down the situational aspect further in order to incorporate when good teams, i.e. teams with a win % greater than 55% face off against bad teams, i.e. teams with a win % of 40% or less.

Records are updated and reflect Cleveland's SU road win on Saturday at a rested Warriors......

Records are updated.

Phila @ Atl tonight, both teams playing 4/5 (see my thread for previous results)

New Orleans playing 4/5 as well

My pleasure.....can't wait till we're two years into this, and the info is more valuable.

Just a quick question - I thought the system was always play on the AWAY team regardless of who is home - did I misunderstand?
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_309563-->

Just a quick question - I thought the system was always play on the AWAY team regardless of who is home - did I misunderstand?
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_309563-->

As of right now there is no system. My point in tracking these situations is because I believed that the oddsmakers were over-adjusting the spreads against teams playing 4/5. Backing teams playing 4/5 showed a nice profit in the first two months, but has evened out a bit in January. It will be interesting to see where this heads in the second part of the season.

smh212..if you want, email me the spreadsheet and I'll put it up on a site I use, then provide a link here. Then people can download it. Just offering.:cheers:

I'm going to post a link where the spreadsheet can viewed later today.

All records have been updated to reflect the 4/5 played on 2/10.

Of note: In Feb, teams playing 4/5 are 1-4 ATS and SU.

Records are all updated. With Sacto going down last night, teams playing 4/5 in Feb are now 1-5 ATS and SU....will get around to posting the sheet eventually.

plays don't get posted in this thread...it's just to keep track of how teams do playing the 4th game in 5 days.

:shake:

Spurs are playing 4th game in five games against the Trailblazers.

Any thoughts on this one? Leaning on SA ML and SA minus th epints but rethinking this one because of this trend.

Thanks for the inputs!

Spurs are playing 4th game in five games against the Trailblazers.

Any thoughts on this one? Leaning on SA ML and SA minus th epints but rethinking this one because of this trend.

Thanks for the inputs!

I'm betting the Blazers.

Back