NBA Sunday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Play numero uno is Toronto -6 (1.95 @ Pinny) 6 units

See Rod's excellent writeup for this one. He pointed this one out to me so it would be stupid if I just rewrote his text.
He nails it down to a science, I like the game and will be on it.

I'm waiting for the Magic line, I think I will pound Orlando hard. Still waiting.

Yea this is strange the line isnt out yet. That toronto line is dropping by the way.

I have it at -6 constantly, what do you mean dropping?

And btw, I don't think they'll give us Orlando +4, I expect a shorter number, 2.5 would be my call. Btw any plus money on Orlando will do, I think Celtics lose SU here. I'm going to take the ML almost probably.

Like this one too. When a long streak is broken raises its head again. Boston would have lost to Toronto if they had had any team confidence. Now they play a healthy strong team with a legitimate winning mentality after the near loss to Miami and it may be ugly. GL

It seems Rasho Nesterovic is questionable. Pietrus is also expected back for GSW. No panic though ;).

abcs, what do you think? Orlando +1.

I'm still considering it, the big three might get their minutes slashed.

I think the guards cancel out.. the big men cancel out. I dont see who guards Rashard Lewis, I guess Pierce can try. Bogans will be solid on Ray. The crowd will be amped for this one. Don't think it will be easy.. it never is but it will be fun

adding:

The Orlando Magic have started the season in a very impressive manner. Perhaps not as impressive as the Celtics but their game hasn't been any worse I'd say. A 5-0 road record should get everyone's attention by now. However the Celtics will be a popular bet at this short number, but I'm not convinced they will stay in this one until the last couple of minutes. The thing is, even though the big three definitely have the talent and work well with each other, they have played a lot of minutes by now and Rivers is forced to make some adjustments and give either Pierce or Allen some rest. That doesn't mean they sit out but a slashed number of minutes for one or both of these players is in order.
Garnett and Howard will be a great matchup, I'd take Jameer over Rondo but the backcourt battle is pretty tight overall. What I see here as a potential game cracker is the production of Hedo and Lewis. Especially with limited minutes for one or two of their big three.

The Magic have been on fire from the perimeter and they can run with teams all night, as seen in recent matches.
Crucial factor here? The Celtics are still unbeaten and have covered all games except last one against Miami, where they could have lost easily.
I am treating that as a bump in their momentum and I don't think they should be favored here at all.

Magic ML (2.03 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

good luck on that Orlando. I'm showing the game as circled tho, any news of injuries? I can't find any.

not sure if Magic ml is value here, considering the high of risk playing against such a tough team as Celtics is now... good luck anyway :shake:

Thanks guys. GL

Btw, is this shit for real? Toronto scores 7 points in 11 minutes of play in the 4th.

That's just sickening.

that was a disgusting display from the coach of the year, he let his team just take jump shots, over and over again,, just because his team had the biggest jump in wins and losses he gets coach of the year, he is terrible with game mngmt. you didnt lose this game sam mitchell took your money.

I agree. Sam Mitchell is definitely a poor coach. I was hoping it wouldn't come down to him having to make any moves like this.

But this is just horrid.

GL with orlando, going to tail you, my buddy will be at the game, he says the atmosphere around there for the game is similar to the penny and shaq days.

Thanks STEED

Cashman, it's no wonder, they have a solid team right now, even though I'm not sold on them just yet, as far as potential postseason accomplishments are concerned.

on the Magic as well, Satyr

no second half collapses
an_shake.gif

Back