NBA Sunday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
BIG GAME TONIGHT!
So here's what I think:
The Suns can come out and play and beat the Spurs, that's a possible scenario. However, I will take the points here. Both teams have shown they're the real deal in the playoffs this year, even though I would say Spurs had a more demanding task, Suns still overpowered the Lakers with ease.

The biggest problem in Phoenix is, you take away their tempo, their ball distribution, and they have very little to rely on. It's an overblown statement that they don't play defense, but the fact is, they cannot win games by relying on it. Spurs can.

As I mentioned before, the Suns are LONG OVERDUE to win a big playoff clash, and against the Spurs of all teams. But this Spurs team is still the real deal, they've never been older (Finley, Bowen, Barry, Horry), but these guys are stepping up and there's no denying that.

I believe this one could come down to game 7, that's why I already took that option, but there's also a possibility Spurs take one of the first two. The Spurs are still the more versatile team, as opposed to Phoenix which need Nash to run the court and spread the rock around constantly, Pop has already put that to sleep numerous times, and the playoffs are the real deal.
I would rate this series as a 55-45 in favor of the Spurs, they've been here, they play D, they're experienced and are usually a total hassle for the Suns.
The bookies think differently, they're probably impressed (and so am I to be honest) by Suns being better than ever in the last couple of years, plus adding a few men from the bench to jump in when needed. Still, Spurs to win series represents excellent value, which I cannot miss out on.

Tonight's bets:
Spurs to win series (2.34 @ Pinnacle) 7 units
Spurs +4,5 (game 1) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 4 units
Spurs ML (game 1) (2.74 @ Pinnacle) 2 units

:drinking: GL TODAY..
Took the over in the game, but have the spurs to win the series as well.

yeaaaaaaaah :)

Great game! Not only because Spurs won, but generally, this game had it all. Parker and TD no doubtedly players of the game, Parker had a lot of drives, smart assists, tortured whoever defended him, Duncan had a few excellent turnaround shots when it mattered most, Big Shot Bob nailed one, Manu wasn't in his scoring mode but who cares now.

Amare is just great, this guy is already one of the best centers in the league, the way he understands the game is scary, just excellent. He can already cope with Timmy, he's just more experienced and that's where Timmy's edge is.

I can't believe how they couldn't stop the bleeding after Nash's accident, I mean there are techniques, ways to stop it. I was watching it on Sport Italia and Dan Peterson (ex coach) was the broadcaster and he was appaled how they couldn't do it. And that's exactly where the game cracked.
Insane.

Anyways, I think this would be Spurs' 5th consecutive win in Phoenix (in the playoffs).

SPURS ROLL BABY.

:cheers:

Thanks Joe. It's usually like that for me in the playoffs, I start off slow, then I work my back into it, patience is the key. I know if I forced the issue I would be down 20 units with no problems. Now I'm looking to end the playoffs with +50, that would be FANTASTIC.

Anyways, Spurs were the better team tonight. :cheers:

Back