NBA Sunday :tiphat:

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Coming off a nice day, all thanks to the :tiphat:

Two plays tonight, all with great writeups, second to none. :tiphat:
I've already received fanmail regarding my new way of posting. :tiphat:

Lakers -3 (1.91) 7 units
Kobe's shoulder is in place, the Warriors not only lose this one but the next one as well. :tiphat:

Washington -3 (1.93) 4 units

Hibachi? More like Hibitchi. Nuff said. :tiphat:

Sorry, almost forgot. Good luck tonight. :tiphat:

Special salute to the Amaechi nation. :tiphat:

Ok real writeups now:

Time for the Warriors to come back to Earth. In all honesty, they should have dropped at least a few games lately, and you can say that winning games repeatedly in the last few minutes can't be coincidental, while other teams run of out of gas they keep going and seal the deal, we are talking some amazing comebacks as well (Kings, Heat). They dropped the game against Orlando even though they seemed to be in control, so it did fire back at some point.

However, Warriors are not in a good spot here if you ask me. Winning in LA has always been tough for them, and quite honestly, even though this may sound like blasphemy to some, I actually like the fact that Bryant has slight shoulder problems. Enough to keep the line very attractive (-5,5 would have chased me away, which actually I think is more appropriate here), and Bryant is probable, knowing his battling character (he shook off stomach flu in Denver and played a great game), he will suit up and show up. And I don't mean just play, but show up. Also, these Lakers have been this Dr Jekkyl-Mr Hyde team this season, when Bryant forces shots and they start feeding the ball to him, they are done. But when they have 4 guys from the bench in double digits, their big men doing the work inside AND Bryant pouring in his regular 25, this is a very tough team to beat. The Warriors will overheat tonight and should they enter any shooting holes (note they allow almost 49 RPG!) they will be cooked, as the Lakers should be the ones controlling the boards and actually being able to run with the Warriors if needed, throw several athletic players inside to hang with them rather than just collapsing when G-state's high octane offense heats up. The Lakers are not worse than the Warriors, and this mini spread on the home team attracts my attention big time. Lakers by 10.

Lakers -3 (1.91 @ Pinnacle)

The Wizards are actually better off without GA. Agent Zero has been winning some games but he's the most self centered, egoistic player I've ever seen. Without him, they rely on good ole' team effort, spread the rock, and they actually look decent. The Nets do not. They woke up briefly as Carter got back but they're back to their usual lethargic look right now. Their win over the Lakers was impressive (note that Bryant shot 7/21 in that game, the Lakers shot 6-19 for 3, Radmanovic went 0/7, LAL bench which has been their main weapon in some of their big wins this year got completely cold and Nachbar played out of the ordinary game by scoring 15 out of nowhere. but as far as other games are concerned (since then, beating Cleveland and Sixers, losing to Grizzlies, Rockets, Knicks, Pistons), this team is not playing well right now, missing Nenad Krstic and defensive intensity they have been known for in recent years, the addition of Magloire might have corrected the stats a bit as far as boards are concerned but offensively, they're not as effective. This game comes down to whether Kidd makes big plays down the stretch AND if Nachbar or perhaps Sean Williams have one of those games, but in all honesty, I highly doubt it. The Wizards have a small retaliation going on, earlier this season, when NJ were 3-1 and Wizards 0-3, the Nets beat them in a tough game, both teams shooting below 40%. A lot has happened since, I think the Wizards step up in this one.

Wizards -3 (1.93) 4 units

Currently leaning to your side in both but have only bet Rockets and Portland so far. Very close to betting Washington. GL

Satyr, I'm locked on Lakers since more than a week a go and this is one of my strongest plays the last month. Hope we will both smile in the morning.

Have the best of luck even though I'm leaning towards the Nets.

The thing that I like the most about the Lakers game is the schedule. Lakers had three days to prepare for this game and will have three days of rest afterwards. When did you last see a team in the NBA playing one game a week?!
Lakers will face their biggest threat in the race for the two final play off spots and will be fools if they won't win this match at home with such a nice schedule.

Mikey :cheers:

Thanks Divol. I don't believe in luck on the long run, but I've had a string of bad plays and yep, some crazy 4th quarters. But in reality, it was my fault really. But I'll be fine, the period from January - April has always been very kind to me :D

:cheers:

Great work today bro, tailing you helped me win back some of a poor day in the NFL. I couldn't catch no breaks today at all, guess I was due to cool down after a great day Saturday though. I was got no breaks at all today, and to top things off, my top dog of the day today Detroit, which did win for me (+5u on the +11) would of won 20u if they didn't blow a 13 pt lead going into the 4th quarter.

Anyways, enough of a rant from me..great work today buddy, keep the winners coming.

Back