NBA Sunday selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 55 W-1 V-44 L +44.52 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Kings (-3,5) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

Got this one at -3 but only now managed to sit down and write it up so here it is. This is the best play on the board if you ask me. The Kings still aren't a team I would bet my account on, but their recent run warrants a play if you ask me. Both teams are in playoff hunt, Sacto are two games behind Denver and they're coming into this one after losing (rather narrowly) to the best team in the league right now, the San Antonio Spurs.
They were almost up to the task, but Spurs' intensity has improved immensely in the last month, and they're beyond comparison with the Kings team.

However, tonight they'll be playing against a team that are in the hole now, Melo just got a son, Iverson is battling with consistency (35-19-25-19 in last 4), they're missing JR Smith (who is questionable for tonight but even if he comes back I feel this team is playing at such low level now, and basically I don't expect him to shake off the rust immediately after his return), their chemistry is very bad(the last team with a winning record they beat was Houston on Jan 20th), they were expected to make a convincing post All Star break and fight for home court, turns out they'll be fighting to make a post season appearance alone.

Sacramento are no world beaters themselves, hence the mini spread.
However, they've been playing a lot better at home (traditionally and this season), and have won amazing 20 consecutive home games against Denver.

I'm not a fan of trends going back a few years since I don't think it affects the game at all. But looking at this one situationally wise, Kings should roll. Artest is getting back to the team after issuing an official apology and even though some say they're a better team without him I wouldn't say they can fill his spot in the D, and could use an additional scoring spark as well.
The Kings are 8-2 in last 10 at home, while the Nuggets are 3-7 on the road in their last 10 games.
Nuggets D has been sub par on the road as well, Kings should use their backcourt to torture weary Denver legs (both Melo and AI were excused from practice yesterday due to fatigue) and impose their rhythm, even though Denver have the inside edge they should have major problems tonight.

Good luck guys.:cheers: :smiley_acbe:

Sacto basically fell apart after that 29-19 lead, Nuggets big men are torturing them under the basket and getting a lot of 2nd chance shots, plus Kleiza was on fire from the perimeter, add to that poor rock distribution up front and there you have it, Nuggets up by a ton at HT.
:D

Won't say this one is lost, but let's just say the way the Kings have been playing and failing to find any solutions to guard Nene, Camby and Najera (not like their perimeter D has been any better either) we might start looking at that option already.

I'll add one more play I like (and decided to pull the trigger on) shortly.

GL.

adding:

Warriors ML (2.08) 4 units

The Warriors finally have their team together, they finally assembled all the guys after long and tiresome period in which they missed 2,3 or even 4 guys constantly. They just have more depth than the Blazers, and are on a roll for the first time in a while, they should use the momentum to get closer to the playoff zone, even though they are a bit behind they can still be considered as playoff candidates, provided they win games like this one.
4 units.

Dont forget how the Blazers play against the run and gun teams and the Warriors road play...

GL

Last edited:
Dont forget how the Blazers against the run and gun teams and the Warriors road play...

GL

I'm seeing this one as a momentum play, more looking at that angle than the matchups and poor road record, I know there's not much value in taking GSW away, but for the most of the season they've been shorthanded perhaps they'll even it up a bit, after all those are HORRID numbers we're talking about, and I like the options the Warriors have, just pulled the trigger on it let's see what happens.

GL tonight Troutman. :cheers:

Yup...kinda hard to win when you let the opposition shoot 50% for 3 quarters...

Back