NBA Sunday selections [Spurs baby]

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
NBA 2006/2007: 88 W-1 V-68 L +97.4 units

Spurs (-2,5) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

First of let me start by saying I placed 10 units on Spurs (2.20) SU at my local book. I won't hedge or middle, I don't care for that at this point. This bet is takeable with 5 units according to my estimations.
The Spurs need this game in order to keep chasing the Suns, season series say 2-1 Dallas, recent practice by Avery says he'll be resting some starters, even more recent news say Stackhouse, Dampier and Terry are questionable.
The line jumped from +1 to -2,5, meaning something is cooking there. The Spurs should take this one, but this isn't the line I took at my local book of course, so it doesn't warrant a 10 unit bet. 5 units will be enough.

You know what dude. This could be a real bad bet on SA. I just realized the Rockets have nothing to play for tomorrow night vs. Phoenix. The Spurs know the Suns are getting the 2 seed. The more I think about this the more I'm beginning to think this game might be all about the reserves on both sides. Popovich knows he has next to zero chance at the 2 seed. I own SA at +1. I think I'm going to take the other side for a little bit. This bet might blow up in our face. I'm getting a real bad feeling now that I know the Rockets are in mail it in mode tomorrow night. There is no way they're risking Yao and T-Mac in that game. I don't believe that for one second.

You know what dude. This could be a real bad bet on SA. I just realized the Rockets have nothing to play for tomorrow night vs. Phoenix. The Spurs know the Suns are getting the 2 seed. The more I think about this the more I'm beginning to think this game might be all about the reserves on both sides. Popovich knows he has next to zero chance at the 2 seed. I own SA at +1. I think I'm going to take the other side for a little bit. This bet might blow up in our face. I'm getting a real bad feeling now that I know the Rockets are in mail it in mode tomorrow night. There is no way they're risking Yao and T-Mac in that game. I don't believe that for one second.

Handy, this is not correct. Hous only is up 2 games on Utah for homecourt. Utah has tie breaker!

Also, if Houston loses, the final game is AT Utah. And that game will decide who gets home court. Houston really needs to win on Monday!

Im with Believe on this one.....The main thing the Rockets are doing these last 3 games are working on their pick and roll defense. They are not mailing in anything, but more working on how to defend teams that play this type of basketball. We havent clinched anything......and if yesterday serves right we hadnt beat NO all season and we put up 123 on them, I think we try to make sure we beat Phoenix to have that confidence going in that we can beat anyone......also they will want to rest the starters in the last game of the season not the 2nd to last game. Get a win and we CLINCH homecourt. I think they play they hard the whole way through

Back