Kawhi Leonard's Free Agency:
Toronto +110 2u
LA Lakers +1500

-----------------------------
Summer League:

Cleveland +3.5 1.91
Golden State 1.83
LA Lakers +2 1.97

lmao, the way RJ's been playing tells me he'll have a fine career. Very few instances I've noticed where players pull off exceptional things in the SL and carry it over to the big leagues.

Yeah I’m not worried about him. He hadn’t played a game in months he’s moving well, just wasn’t making shots. Shot better last 2 nights

Watched the Boston/Memphis game tonight. The Celtics have some good young kids. Robert Williams, their 1st rounder from last year, was by far the best player on the floor. Dude is a sick athlete and if he gets right mentally he’s a player in the league who can make an impact. Grant Williams while a bit undersized to play the 4 has a good feel for the game and should make the team. Carsen Edwards is a scorer and could see him getting some run behind Kemba at the point, with Kyrie and Rosier gone. Impressed by Tacko Fall too. He will make that roster and play spot minutes. You can’t teach size and it’s difficult to score in the paint when he’s in there. He runs the floor pretty well, obviously is good around the rim and on the glass and blocks shots.

Watched the Boston/Memphis game tonight. The Celtics have some good young kids. Robert Williams, their 1st rounder from last year, was by far the best player on the floor. Dude is a sick athlete and if he gets right mentally he’s a player in the league who can make an impact. Grant Williams while a bit undersized to play the 4 has a good feel for the game and should make the team. Carsen Edwards is a scorer and could see him getting some run behind Kemba at the point, with Kyrie and Rosier gone. Impressed by Tacko Fall too. He will make that roster and play spot minutes. You can’t teach size and it’s difficult to score in the paint when he’s in there. He runs the floor pretty well, obviously is good around the rim and on the glass and blocks shots.

I'm going to respond to this properly when I get some time, this' definitely a "gem-level" analysis of how much people read into Danny Ainge missing out on marquee free agents, while not understanding his scouting department is top tier. Great analysis BDN.

I couldn't agree more with your analysis. Robert Williams was similar to what I saw with what happened to Gatford and Hernandez this year, they ended up returning for an additional year and it made them slip in the drafts. However, those slippages resulted in them being placed in ideal situations for their growth. Edwards reminded me of what IT was doing for them the year he blew up for the Celts, that miniature spark plug where if anyone was able to witness him play would say if that kid was a few inches taller he'd be a real issue. Tacko needs to figure out a way to get nimble to last in this league, he's just placed in the wrong decade when it comes to playing in my opinion. Now a days all five positions can't be exposed and need to possess the ability to put the ball on the floor.

Last edited:
From what I saw tonight most of the games were garbage. It was just consolation round games and those teams pretty much sat the guys playing who might make the team, with an exception here and there.

Tomorrow is another slate of consolation games and those that made the “playoffs” play as well. I’d expect those teams to be more motivated to play their top prospects and try to win.

It’s a consolation game but if it’s reasonable I’ll look at my Knicks. Fully expect RJ and Iggy to continue to get big minutes and still think Mitch, Knox, Kadeem Allen play a good bit too

From what I saw tonight most of the games were garbage. It was just consolation round games and those teams pretty much sat the guys playing who might make the team, with an exception here and there.

Tomorrow is another slate of consolation games and those that made the “playoffs” play as well. I’d expect those teams to be more motivated to play their top prospects and try to win.

It’s a consolation game but if it’s reasonable I’ll look at my Knicks. Fully expect RJ and Iggy to continue to get big minutes and still think Mitch, Knox, Kadeem Allen play a good bit too

Yeahh, definitely pay attention to the seedings yesterday and today. There will be a few games where teams won't show up, I'll see if I can spot any more for todays slate. As we saw last night with the clippers, which had no motive to play versus an 0-4 pacers squad.

That NO squad has serious talent even without Zion. I missed most of the games, had my Knicks as they played the guys I expected. Look out for Kenny Wooten. I doubt he makes the big roster, but no doubt they keep him in the G-league. He will be a perfect backup for Mitch. Very similar games, both stud athletes who jump out of the gym and block shots.

Back