NBA Season Win Totals & Title Odds

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
<header class="inline-header">[h=1]2015-16 NBA season win totals, title odds[/h]From Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook
</header>[TABLE="class: inline-table"]
<thead>[TR]
[TH]Team[/TH]
[TH]Win total[/TH]
[TH]Title odds[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR="class: last"]
[TD]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD]49.5[/TD]
[TD]25-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: last"]
[TD]Boston Celtics[/TD]
[TD]42.5[/TD]
[TD]100-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Brooklyn Nets[/TD]
[TD]28.5[/TD]
[TD]200-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Charlotte Hornets[/TD]
[TD]32.5[/TD]
[TD]300-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD]49.5[/TD]
[TD]12-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD]56.5[/TD]
[TD]2-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD]38.5[/TD]
[TD]100-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Denver Nuggets[/TD]
[TD]26.5[/TD]
[TD]200-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD]33.5[/TD]
[TD]200-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD]60.5[/TD]
[TD]9-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD]54.5[/TD]
[TD]20-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD]42.5[/TD]
[TD]50-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD]56.5[/TD]
[TD]8-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Los Angeles Lakers[/TD]
[TD]29.5[/TD]
[TD]200-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD]50.5[/TD]
[TD]30-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Miami Heat[/TD]
[TD]45.5[/TD]
[TD]40-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Milwaukee Bucks[/TD]
[TD]43.5[/TD]
[TD]60-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Minnesota Timberwolves[/TD]
[TD]25.5[/TD]
[TD]300-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]New Orleans Pelicans[/TD]
[TD]47.5[/TD]
[TD]30-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]New York Knicks[/TD]
[TD]31.5[/TD]
[TD]200-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Oklahoma City Thunder[/TD]
[TD]57.5[/TD]
[TD]6-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Orlando Magic[/TD]
[TD]32.5[/TD]
[TD]300-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Philadelphia 76ers[/TD]
[TD]21.5[/TD]
[TD]300-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD]36.5[/TD]
[TD]100-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Portland Trail Blazers[/TD]
[TD]26.5[/TD]
[TD]200-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[TD]30.5[/TD]
[TD]300-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD]58.5[/TD]
[TD]4-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD]45.5[/TD]
[TD]50-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Utah Jazz[/TD]
[TD]40.5[/TD]
[TD]100-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD]45.5[/TD]
[TD]40-1[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The utah jazz are getting RIDICULOUS respect from books. WOW.

Their season win total was 25-27 last season

I'll be on Detroit again, got soft number and won on last day of season last year.

I say 38-42 wins.

HAVE TO use the altitude to their advantage. There are at least 13 scenarios where the opposing team is coming into SLC on the tail end of a b2b this season. The Jazz must use this to their advantage just like the nuggets should. Travel to both those stadiums is not easy either with long drives from the airports. There are some golden spots and the Jazz playing with better pace is going to be very beneficial

I like Cleveland to win the east. But i'm seeing odds of -200 or so. But I don't see anybody in the East stopping LBJ and the rest of the Cavs. Barring injury to LBJ of course.

I like Cleveland to win the east. But i'm seeing odds of -200 or so. But I don't see anybody in the East stopping LBJ and the rest of the Cavs. Barring injury to LBJ of course.
Should be another free trip to Finals...

That's an awful high number for the dubs. They'd have to go 61-21 to hit that. They're capable of it but they play in the tough west and I can see them get complacent after winning the title last year. Can't wait for the season to start. :cheers3:

HAVE TO use the altitude to their advantage. There are at least 13 scenarios where the opposing team is coming into SLC on the tail end of a b2b this season. The Jazz must use this to their advantage just like the nuggets should. Travel to both those stadiums is not easy either with long drives from the airports. There are some golden spots and the Jazz playing with better pace is going to be very beneficial

I've been to SLC, it's a small place so I seriously doubt the airport is more than 10 miles from the arena/hotel the visiting team stays at. Denver different story

Initial thoughts on season win totals are Cleveland over is a lock...just look at their record after midseason additions.

I love the Pistons over. Only concern is I don't like Caldwell-Pope at all and hope Meeks regains the starting job.

Milwaukee over 43.5...adding Monroe and hopefully a healthy Parker and I like them to clear this when they won 41 last season.

Think Spurs under at the moment...hard to gauge what the top 5 teams in the West will win it's just so competitive at the top. Lean Golden State under being a young team think a bit of complacency hits and they were incredibly blessed on the injury front last season.

Suns over 36.5...only worry is that Morris changes his tune and asks to be dealt.

Nuggets under 26.5...Gave away Ty Lawson for little in return and I love Mudiay but this is a talent deficient team that can't hit the 3 and is bad defensively playing in the West

Last edited:
With Portland losing all their starters, aside from Lillard of course, I was wanting to hit under. They even lost their best bench players. But damn that total is 26.5. Fuck that, it's too low.

Just took one final glance and I don't know how I missed it originally but the charlotte Hornets over 32.5 wins is money in the bank.

Addition by subtraction dumping Stephenson and Batum is a solid addition. Like Lin to shore up a weakness last season at backup PG, and while I think they should have drafted Winslow (or dealt the pick to Boston if they really did offer 6 picks for the #9 omg) they should get some production out of Kaminsky right away...his outside shooting ability should help space the floor.

Also improved their biggest weakness 3 point shooting with the additions of Batum, Lin, Hawes, Lamb and Kaminsky.

This was still a top 10 defensive team last season that won 33 games and with what they have done this offseason this is easily my top season wins total play.

I've been to SLC, it's a small place so I seriously doubt the airport is more than 10 miles from the arena/hotel the visiting team stays at. Denver different story

thank you.... I was just taking the word of someone else. Regardless the altitude is the biggest factor.

upon further review, I did miss in my glowing analysis of the Hornets over play that w/out Biyombo they don't have any decent post defense...still like the over play due to their upgraded roster.

Out West I would go with the Thunder under 57.5 wins...Durant will be back but you know they will carefully rest him at times during the season, Donovan is a rookie coach in the NBA, and once they added Kanter and Waiters they were a horrendous defensive team last season. Once Kanter joined the team only the Twolves and lakers were worse defensively than the Thunder and while Ibaka missing the last 17 games definitely made that situation worse the small sample size of 9 games w/ Kanter and Ibaka playing they were still a bottom 6 defense in the league. They are missing 1000 minutes of quality post defense from last year after they dealt away Perkins to get Kanter and Waiters is no substitute for Reggie Jackson.

Would lean under 38.5 on the Mavericks which is a big drop from the 50 they won last season. Simply don't know how long it will take Matthews and Parsons to get back up to speed coming off serious injuries as both will miss the beginning of the season. Losing Chandler will kill what was already a below average defense and losing Aminu and Jefferson will hurt their bench. The Mavs have a very injury prone roster as well. Things started to fall apart for the Mavs with the failed trade for Rondo and having DeAndre Jordan backing out of signing w/ the Mavs was a devastating blow and sends this franchise further into a tailspin.

over celts 42.5 - mid season trades should only help
over charlotte
over detroit
BIG over Rockets - depth ...an when montjesus.. comes back..
heat over 45.5 - should be closer to 50
over pelicans -- this will be close.... do like theor depth..

under okc -- durant will be hurt by 1st of year...

Initial thoughts on season win totals are Cleveland over is a lock...just look at their record after midseason additions.

Not saying they won't get there but Cleve and LBJ are smart enough to know that being #1 in the east shouldn't be a problem but LBJ has played a lot of minutes over the past few years and think as was said last year his minutes would be cut back when games are in hand and on some back to backs.
Last year there was a lot of teaching going on with him on the floor so it was a little harder to rest him as much as needed. This year I think it actually happens. As always injuries will play a roll. Of course I wouldn't bet the Under but I think the number is right there.

GS (I agree with you) which is very high and got very lucky health wise last year winning 67 I think the Under maybe a bet. Also love that Jazz information and should be good until the books catch up and then hopefully over estimate and maybe good for a few the other way.

Ahh the NBA who's in and who's out should be a great year If Wade plays 60 games and Bosh keeps himself on the floor a lot of if's and that's with every team when playing RSW Miami should win 50 games. I'll take a flyer on them at the present number.
Good Luck guys looking forward to the season and BC if your reading this Great job as usual.:shake:

Agree Paulie Cleveland will be the #1 seed in the East pretty easily but i think that with a ferocious top 5-6 teams in the West they will look at the standings and play for 60 wins to get home court for the Finals. With the extra rest the NBA is scheduling during this seasons Finals HCA will mean everything.

Team is just stacked, and Mo Williams was a big addition with Kyrie out to begin the season. They will just hammer people down low with a big man rotation of Mozgov, Varejao, Kaun, Thompson, and Love and as mentioned Mo Williams plus Richard Jefferson (who has become quite the 3 point shooter toward the end of his career) added to the bench their rotation is heads and shoulders above everyone else in the East.

Agree Paulie Cleveland will be the #1 seed in the East pretty easily but i think that with a ferocious top 5-6 teams in the West they will look at the standings and play for 60 wins to get home court for the Finals. With the extra rest the NBA is scheduling during this seasons Finals HCA will mean everything.

Team is just stacked, and Mo Williams was a big addition with Kyrie out to begin the season. They will just hammer people down low with a big man rotation of Mozgov, Varejao, Kaun, Thompson, and Love and as mentioned Mo Williams plus Richard Jefferson (who has become quite the 3 point shooter toward the end of his career) added to the bench their rotation is heads and shoulders above everyone else in the East.

Good Point Arizona something to consider. Funny I was watching training camp last night on the NBA channel and just an FYI for those you haven't watched the NBA channel has lots of interesting things going on. It was Minn and they were working on Defense and KG was there and forget there other guy anyway While watching they cut to the Cav's where everyone was stretching and they were talking about the same thing and mention that LBJ has played over 18k + minutes over the past 5 years I think it was by far the most in the league with KD next at 16k +.

they were talking about giving him rest but on the other hand they were talking about how much he means to them on the floor and partialy because he does bring up the ball and creates for his teammates. Now get this spring training they're going to see if they can get K.Love helping out in that area (bringing the ball up ) while LBJ gets some rest. Dod Love ever bring the ball up?

LBJ is in the league 10 years and it's got to take it's toll at some point so using him less minutes and a little extra rest will go a long way in extending his career. By the way LBJ was stretching and looks in great shape. Great talking to you Arizona looking forward to your insights this coming season.:cheers3:

FWIW It's the talking heads and it wasn't coaches or players that were talking so take it with a grain of salt I'm just reporting the news :)

agree 100% but can't lay that on a future. Will play the Cavs +290 to win it all and set up a nice hedge when they make the Finals.

NBA RSW Total's that are moving

Hornets 32.5 Now 34
Mav's 38.5 Now 37

Nuggets 25.5 Now 26.5
Pistons 33.5 Now 34.5

Pacers 42.5 Now 41.5
lakers 29.5 now 29

Bucks 43.5 Now 44.5
T.Wolves 25.5 Now 26.5

Knicks 31.5 Now 30
Magic 32.5 Now 34.5

Kings 30.5 Now 32
Jazz 40.5 Now 41.5

Love the wiz offseason and love their change in offensive philosophy. Wittman and co realized how dumb long 3s are and focused on getting spacing from the 4 spot. Wall/Beal will be improved. Porter finally getting time. Love the bench of anderson/neal/dudley/etc.

Kelly Ubre could be a wildcard. Wittman is slow to work Rookies in but this kid can really defens one on one. Crazy athlete and insane wingspan.

Suns defense should be MUCH improved. As a side they should be fine IF the point guards stay healthy which is not clear but regular under bets should make money.

That's an awful high number for the dubs. They'd have to go 61-21 to hit that. They're capable of it but they play in the tough west and I can see them get complacent after winning the title last year. Can't wait for the season to start. :cheers3:

Have this team projected as a dynasty, they'll get there again. Still the best out West.

Cavs will run away with the East.

Thomas Robinson
lol he is not a rookie, has bounced around on like 4-5 teams in his young career. was picked up by Philly last yr. I do like him, he hustles but ya dont get ur hopes up on him being anything more than a rotation guy

AK,

Both 5d and my local have the hornets at 31.5... I see the same things as you. Batum brings so much to this team and its not just going to show in his stats. The three point shooting is key as well.

Dont ever play SWT but I'm intrigued.

I would think long and hard about that play now the Kidd-Gilchrist is likely done for the season. With Gilchrist and Batum I was thinking they would have outstanding defense on the wings but that is now lost. Hornets total started off at 32.5, went up to 34.5, and now after the MKG injury news is down to 31.5 which if forced to make a play I would still take the over but it's no longer the sure thing I once thought it was with the teams two best defensive players from last season gone in Biyombo and MKG.

I took Cleveland +300 to win it all (already have Spurs +1200 and Rockets +2000) along with the Cavs over 56.5, OKC under 57.5, Denver under 27.5, and Miami over 46.5 so far.

Unfortunately the Pistons total has jumped from 33.5 to 36.5 taking out a lot of the value that was once there.

Yeah im not going to be playing it. I just don't like the idea of playing season win totals. I've played one season long future in my life and that was the bud coach of the year prop last year. 5dimes hasnt posted those lines yet this season....

Bol on your plays.

[TABLE="class: Grid"]
<tbody>[TR="class: NonAlt"]
[TD="class: NoWrap"]334251926-1[/TD]
[TD]10/15/15 12:32pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$210.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$200.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn Hidden"][/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]11/1/15 12:00pm NBA Props Basketball 26131 LAL regular season wins over 28½ -105* <small>vs</small> LAL regular season wins under 28½ [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I'm thinking about taking Dallas UNDER 37.5 wins. I don't like this lineup they're putting out there as their starting 5. The bench is very weak too.

PG- Deron Williams
SG- Wesley Mathews
SF- Chandler Parsons
PF- Dirk
C- Samuel Dalembert

Bench- D Harris, J Jenkins, C Villanueva, Z Pachulia.

Not getting DeAndre is going to hurt them bad. Just looking at them they look weak defensively and will be giving up a ton of points IMO.

The mavs bench is not good. Wesley is a solid addition and is good for the style the Mavs play. I wonder how much Dirk plays this season

How long until Cuban has his fill of deron?
Guy is a dog. Lazy waste anymore

Back