NBA Scheduling quirks and plays for Tuesday & Wednesday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Celtics

Well rested. I wouldn't exactly call this the middle of a road trip. They were at home Friday hosting Atlanta, away at Jersey on Saturday, and now they're away again at Indiana. Tomorrow the Celtics go back home to kick the crap out of Jersey again.

Pacers

Indy has had 3 incredible 2nd Half meltdowns in a row...to the Clippers, the Bobcats, and the Nuggets. The end of last week looked like this:

Loss, off, Loss, Loss
&
home, off, away, home.

after two days off, they host the Celtics to start a tough 4th in 5. Tomorrow might be an interesting spot against the Bullets.

Starting today, they'll face

Home, Away, off, Away, Home.

Pacers might want to get into this game, but I think it's more likely that they'll be thinking about a shot at a win -tomorrow-. If you want to bet the pacers, then go for a first half. No reason to think the 2nd Half meltdowns will stop tonight.

I have Celtics -6.5 for the game.

Supersonics

are also starting a 4th in 5 series tonight. on the road. These are some beatable teams for them....at least not as unbeatable. After tonights loss at Orlando, they go to Miami, then a day off before they go to Atlanta and lose to the Hawks, ......and then they have a shot at a win against the Bobkittens.

Course they'll have to bench Swift. He profoundly sucks at both ends of the court. They'd be better off to start Earl Watson...

damn. out of time. more later.

:cheers:

Magic

Finished a 4th in 5 by losing to the suns. In a different spot, I think they might have won that. The sonics Guards should have a lot of trouble with Jameer and Co....as long as Redick keeps his great shooting ass on the bench.

Orlando starts a 5 in 7 tonight...so keep an eye out for next Monday when they visit new orleans - that will also be fresh off playing the Celtics the night before. Tough spot for em...

Speaking of that Orlando vs Boston game on Sunday, that's a single home game in the midst of a few road games.

13th - today Home vs Seattle
14th - tomorrow AT Cleveland
15th - off
16th - Friday AT New Jersey
17th - off
18th - Sunday Home vs Boston
19th - Monday AT New Orleans
20th - off
21st - Wednesday AT San Antonio

no rest for the weary here...

BAR, :cheers:

Heat

At Charlotte today. Starting a 4th in 5 tonight.

Nov 13 at Charlotte
Nov 14 vs Seattle
Nov 16 at Boston
Nov 17 at New Jersey

This home for a day shit vs Seattle might be a good fade spot for the struggling Heat. I don't care that they just won a game or that they've been close in some games...they're garbage til flash returns.

speaking of the

Bobcats

they're off a bit of rest, and they're not starting a 4th in 5...lucky them.

Nov 13 vs Miami
Nov 14 at Atlanta
Nov 17 vs Seattle
Nov 19 vs Portland
Nov 21 vs Washington

Charlotte seems to be on a running 3rd in 4 with a day off in between them. They should be able to maintain their crappy play through that schedule, and they might even have a spot now and then against a team in a bad situation that might lend to a good upset win for em...keep an eye on Felton. Without him, Charlotte loses by 20 to 30 every game.

Rockets

Brutal scheduling right now...

Nov 13 at Memphis
Nov 14 vs LA Lakers
Nov 16 at San Antonio
Nov 17 vs Phoenix
Nov 21 vs Dallas
Nov 23 at Miami
Nov 24 vs Denver
Nov 26 at LA Clippers
Nov 28 at Phoenix
Nov 29 at Golden State

At the Spurs and then Home to Phoenix is just brutal in the second B2B of a 4th in 5. Might want to look into some unders in there......with the Suns, it only takes one off quarter to get significantly behind, and then they have this wacky tendency to slow the game down in the 4th.

a lot.

Grizzlies

not much better than the Rockets, though they're starting the 4th in 5 instead of being in the middle of a bunch in a bunch plus two.

Nov 13 vs Houston
Nov 14 at Milwaukee
Nov 16 vs New Orleans
Nov 17 at Dallas
Nov 19 vs Seattle

It doesn't help that the Grizz will be home and away through this travesty.

Notice how New Orleans keeps popping up? I think they play 15 different teams this week...and they just had a tough one last night against the Nets.

Take note...the Grizz do not do well against a team that presses. They turn the ball over....a lot. And I don't mean full court press - I just mean the guards don't react well to having someone cover them from the time they cross mid-court. Other teams have noticed this, and that's why the Grizz have been getting slaughtered recently.

Lakers

a light 3 game week last week. and no 4th in 5 coming...just a lot of 3rd in 4s with a day off in between. That's a good rhythm schedule.....enough games to keep a team in a groove but not so much to tire them all the way out.

and it helps the Lakers immensely that Smush is gone.

Nov 13 at San Antonio
Nov 14 at Houston
Nov 16 vs Detroit
Nov 18 vs Chicago
Nov 20 at Indiana
Nov 21 at Milwaukee
Nov 23 at Boston
Nov 25 vs New Jersey
Nov 27 vs Seattle
Nov 29 vs Denver
Nov 30 at Utah

Spurs

like the Lakers, about the worst thing they have to deal with is 3rds in 4. They're older, and the Spurs have been doing just enough to get by...keep that in mind when they give the Spurs large chalk. The cover depends on the second and 3rd squads hitting the end-of-the-shotclock 3s and long 2s in the 4th Q. Against the Bucks, likely a good situation. Against the Lakers, it might be a skin-of-their-teeth kind of thing.

Nov 13 vs LA Lakers
Nov 15 at Dallas
Nov 16 vs Houston
Nov 20 at Atlanta
Nov 21 vs Orlando
Nov 23 vs Memphis
Nov 25 at Seattle
Nov 26 at Sacramento
Nov 28 vs Washington
Nov 30 at Minnesota

Pistons

Detroit is at the back end of a 5 in 7. This is the start of the last B2B in that, and this has been a long road trip for them since last Thursday - one home game between road games doesn't count.

I think it's a good chance that Detroit loses one of the next two versus a dangerous Portland team at home (with 4th Q closers in Roy AND Aldridge). If they give Roy any room at all (Memphis actually played zone - what a joke), he will rain in the threes like he's steve nash.

Jackson should be coming back for the Warriors, too, and with a little push and a lot of good jump-shooting, GSW could very well win that game too.

Nov 1 at Miami W 91-80
Nov 2 at Orlando W 116-92
Nov 4 vs Atlanta W 92-91
Nov 8 at Chicago L 93-97
Nov 9 vs LA Clippers W 103-79
Nov 11 at Seattle W 107-103
Nov 13 at Portland
Nov 14 at Golden State
Nov 16 at LA Lakers
Nov 18 at Sacramento
Nov 21 vs New York
Nov 23 vs Philadelphia
Nov 25 vs Utah
Nov 28 vs Cleveland

After the next two, I don't see a problem for Detroit for the rest of the month. That final road game at Sacramento might even be a great chalk spot for them because as tough as the last road game is, Sacramento is worse against a good defensive and a good rebounding team. Can you see Kevin Martin trying to guard Billups or Rip?

hahahhaa...

Trailblazers

They are entering a 4th in 5. After this week, they'll have a light schedule of 3 games per week for the rest of the month. Again, this is a dangerous team to face in Portland...I've been trying to imagine what they'd be like with a healthy Oden in addition.

here's what they're looking at:

Nov 13 vs Detroit
Nov 14 at Denver
Nov 16 at Philadelphia
Nov 17 at Washington
Nov 19 at Charlotte
Nov 21 vs New Jersey
Nov 23 vs Sacramento
Nov 26 vs Orlando
Nov 28 vs Indiana
Nov 30 at Dallas

I really don't see a particularly vulnerable spot for em, and in fact, I think fading Washington with them at the end of their 4th in 5 might be a perfect spot for a road win. I want to see Haywood try to play the interior with Pryzbilla. hehehe....

76ers

aren't really in a bad spot this month...lots of isolated B2Bs. But they have more than a day between them. It'll be tough for em to keep rhythm up. Should be some spots with some surprisingly poor performances out of them...

Nov 13 at Dallas
Nov 14 at New Orleans
Nov 16 vs Portland
Nov 20 at Washington
Nov 23 at Detroit
Nov 24 vs Golden State
Nov 27 at Milwaukee
Nov 28 vs Utah
Nov 30 vs Washington

Those are a couple I can see them having a tough time staying in rhythm with too much time off.

Mavericks

Mavs have their 4th in 5 next week......not this week with everyone else.

Nov 13 vs Philadelphia
Nov 15 vs San Antonio
Nov 17 vs Memphis
Nov 20 vs Toronto
Nov 21 at Houston
Nov 23 at Indiana
Nov 24 at Milwaukee
Nov 26 vs Washington
Nov 28 vs Minnesota
Nov 30 vs Portland

Philly, Memphis, and San Antonio need to watch out this week. Next week, Milwaukee, Indiana, and Washington might shock the NBA world.

Knicks

Have a tough schedule coming up.

They start a 4th in 5 tonight, and at the end of it, there'll be a 5th in 7.

Nov 11 vs Miami Lost 72-75
Nov 13 at Phoenix
Nov 14 at LA Clippers
Nov 16 at Sacramento
Nov 17 at Denver

They were tired and unable to hit a shot in the last minute, and now they face Phoenix. The Clippers might have a good shot at win tomorrow, and it's a forgone conclusion in my mind that Denver will crush another victim on the 17th......

Regarding Portland and Washington lets not forget extra focus on Washington by Portland due to Gilbert's loud mouth in the teams recent matches. Have to see the spread but Portland ml is interesting. GL

Suns

just finished their 4th in 5. After 2 days rest, they face the Knicks, and then they have an easy 3 game per week schedule the rest of the month. There is the one B2B, but the Suns can do that.

Amare needs to get healthy, and the Suns will be SCARY good again...

Nov 1 at Seattle W 106-99
Nov 2 vs LA Lakers L 98-119
Nov 4 vs Cleveland W 103-92
Nov 6 at Charlotte W 115-83
Nov 7 at Atlanta L 96-105
Nov 9 at Miami W 106-101
Nov 10 at Orlando W 106-96

Note the distinct lack of 220s for totals here........lots in the 200s.

Nov 13 vs New York
Nov 15 vs Chicago
Nov 17 at Houston
Nov 20 at Sacramento
Nov 21 vs Sacramento
Nov 23 vs LA Clippers
Nov 26 at Golden State
Nov 28 vs Houston
Nov 30 vs Orlando

Should be some good spots for the Suns this week...

Regarding Portland and Washington lets not forget extra focus on Washington by Portland due to Gilbert's loud mouth in the teams recent matches. Have to see the spread but Portland ml is interesting. GL

hahahah....maybe his royal dumbass number ZERO can guarantee another win.

:smiley_acbe:

ML dogs: 8-4, 66.67%,+10.83 units
Spread: 4-9-1, 28.57%, -5.48 units [what a joke]

Celtics -6.5 -110
Suns -11.5 -119

gun to my head for ML dogs tonight...I think the 76ers have the most value for the chance of winning, and I think the chance is not that good. I like the Blazers' chance to win outright against the Pistons, but I do not like that BAR is already on the Stones tonight. And in any case, I would want at least 2:1, and I doubt I'll get that. If I see it, then I might have to think about it.

Tomorrow......if the pistons win tonight, then I will very likely be on the Warriors tomorrow. Moneyline. 2.5 or 3 sucks balls tho...what kind of value would I get out of that?

I will be on the Pacers tomorrow as I have absolutely zero respect for the Wiz at this point, and even the Pacer's second half woes should be cured by the bullets' defense.

I also like the Magic as a ML dog visiting the Cavs...jeez.

bobcats at hawks, no.

nets at celtics
, hahahaha...I might even lay the chalk if the game gets out of hand early tonight and none of the big 3 need to play over 30 mins.

Kings at Twolves
, I guess at 1.5:1 I should consider it, but I think there are better opportunities.

Grizzlies at Bucks
, fuck yeah. Every time the Bucks are favored by this much, I'll be on the opposition......even the Grizz.

76ers at Hornets, well, the hornets are in the midst of one helluva tough schedule, and they damn near lost to the nets (good win for them, tho), but if the 76ers don't expend much energy tonight, then I think I should have to consider them tomorrow........cus the Hornets are on one of those horrible one game home between road trips spots.......and they gotta be tired off their 5th in 7 just finishing up.......somethign to consider, at least.

Blazers at Nuggets, hell if I know. Denver should not be fatigued at all by that game, tho...

Lakers at Rockets, ...not yet.

Knicks at Clippers, HAHA.. I was hoping for a clippers dog here......

so lookin at for tomorrow...

Warriors ML
Pacers ML
Magic ML
Grizz ML
76ers ML maybe...?

Pistons lost. Warriors are scratched for me tomorrow.
76ers are scratched too. Just can't play that one. I can play the Grizz tho...in utter defiance of BC's stats.

offers are up...now I wait and see what I get.

total card for tonight

Pacers +239.12
Grizzlies +252.84
Magic +143.08
Supersonics +207.76

good thing I got that sonics wager earlier before it went up to 250....

that's interesting, the total is rising a little bit too for nyk/clips... id like to hear your source too.

Thats the word I got from realgm.com those dudes know their teams better than any of us. I think the line is a tad high. My hope is cat mobley doesnt play. I think Sam I am will struggle to guard nate and Starburry anyway.
Not like the Clips will have much firepower if Mobley is out.

Zach Randolph got on a plane and came to Los Angeles to lend a hand in a time of crisis. He will return to Indiana afterward for his grandmother’s funeral, which is scheduled for Friday.
One negative is that the staples center is really dark and it might be hard to see tim thomas
nba_a_thomas_268.jpg

Oh yea stephon got fined 180k .. that is a whopping 1/110th of what he is getting paid this year..zzz..

LMAO Screamin A said you couldnt trade Starburry for a box of cookies..

Bad blood here..
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXGgmDhHu68&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXGgmDhHu68&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XznUU0fEvUI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XznUU0fEvUI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yup.. this quote from a while back is great..(remember he is a pg)
"It's been kind of tough, but it's an adjustment," Marbury said yesterday after the Knicks' 2-1/2-hour practice in Greenburgh. "I know what I'm capable of doing on the basketball court. But playing the way I have been playing is not the way I play. I have not been playing as aggressive as I normally play on the basketball court. And that's just from trying to get everybody involved and into the game.
"I've gotten turnovers because I've been trying to distribute the ball a little bit too much."

OK im out i should be back by 11 tonight hopefully collecting cash.. tough moose last night red.

3 to 1 is a lot of value imho, especially if those 2 play and cat doesnt.

red, just heard this on the sports talk on the way home. The reason for the line move on the Heat game is because Wade is going to play tonight.
Oh well. I'm letting it ride.

red, just heard this on the sports talk on the way home. The reason for the line move on the Heat game is because Wade is going to play tonight.
Oh well. I'm letting it ride.

yeah, just caught that on espn. He's "active"...no word yet on whether or not he plays or starts.

Heat damn near got back in it.....kooky. Flash was playing some damn good defense...

2-3 tonight. Made a smidge.

Winning's better than losing.

ML dogs: 10-7, 58.82%, +11.34 units
Spreads: 5-10-1, 31.25%, (5.67 units)

Tomorrow, I might play the spurs as a small dog. I will not be playing the Bulls. Nash won't go for 5 pts two games in a row. In fact, I'd consider laying those points if I wasn't really burned by laying points so recently.

grumble.

Back