NBA Schedule Analysis and Discussion-Eastern Conference

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Going to start now, see how far we get tonight. Obviously going too look for the one system which works wonders but only happened twice last year. Will point out other road trip sceanrios as well.

Boston

Six game west coast swing in February. The kicker is the All-Star game is during it as well. They then return home on one days rest and have b2b home games with the latter being Detroit.

New Jersey

Have a 6 road games outta 7 stretch in late January. Starts with four out west with one day of travel then a home game followed by one more day of travel and two east coast raod games.

New York

Brutal 6 in 7 like Jersey sort of. They start with two east coast roadies, get a day rest then a home matinee with Detroit. They then head out for two more on east coast. Two days off then out west for three.

Philadelphia

Close to the "situation" but not quite. They play a six game trip late-december then come home for two days rest and a home game followed by a b2b roady. This still essentially makes that home game like a road game especially after a 6 game trip that started right before the holidays.

Washington

They have a weird 6 in 7. They go out west for four, come home and play on one days rest then go back on road on alternate nights for two more on the east coast. Other than this, not too bad.

Detroit

Pretty rough right at the start. They have a three game east coast trip, a day off then play Boston at home, another day of travel out west for a 4 game set. Two days off, then host Cleveland b4 going to Boston the next night.

A 6 outta 7 on road like the similar examples with 4 out west, a home road b2b then another road game to complete it.

Also a 5 game road trip who's only western opponent is New Orleans.

Toronto

Wow, they are being treated nice. Just one trip over 3 games long(it's six, with a three game homestand on the flipside).

Milwaukee

Weird 6 outta 7 set. They go out west for two, come home with one day off for a home game then another day off followed by 4 east conference road games.

In April, we have a "mini-situation"

Its four eastern conference road games, one day off and a home/road b2b.

This won't qualify as the super sitaution play because I prefer 5 game road sets and being out of conference but I will assume there is a play in here. Being this late in season will factor in as well.

Chicago

And we have our first HUGE plays of the year. This is dynamic everyone. As always the circus comes to the United Center every November. Well, the NBA played it out perfect for us...

11-18 @ LA Lakers
11-19 @ Portland
11-21 @ Golden State
11-23 @ Denver
11-24 @Utah
11-26 @ San Antonio
11-30 @ Philly
12-2 vs PHILLY
12-3 @ Milwaukee

Yes, they do have time to stop home for a day or two but they still will be running on fumes and tired of living out of a suitcase. Those last three games will represent plenty of opportunities.

They also have another 7 game trip late January into February.

Brutal

Cleveland

An 8 outta 10 covering 15 days is about it for them. Shocker, LeBron gets a friendly schedule.

Orlando

Spread out very nicely. One 5 gamer and one 4 gamer. Futures bettors take note.

Miami

Longest trip is 7 games.

Have an odd 6 of 7 like many teams..4 eastern conference teams, one day off, a home game, one day off then b2b at CHI/IND

Charlotte

Very home heavy to start(10 of 13).

Five of last six on road. Thats about it.

Hey Bar

Interested in knowing when New Jersey and Cleveland play.

for reasons im sure you understand

what about that spot where a team plays the Knicks and then the Celtics or vice versa and if they cover against one fade on the next...something like that...
I`m looking forward to NBA , going to use my winpicks program a little smarter this year and looking in to one of those neural network things

The "Acela Express"

Regardless of what the record is of teams ATS that play NY and Bos back to back, I don't really buy into this one. I think this is just a coincidence really. I mean does NY really give a shit if a team comes in and beats Boston or vise versa???? Unlikely

And I'll keep hyping Indy in every NBA thread. They are my sleep team for 2008/2009...Danny Granger will have a breakout year.

Back