NBA Saturday

Ally

Pretty much a regular
Hawks +4 & ML

I hit the Hawks for a bit last night too at +5.5 and +5.

Leaning with the Pistons, Bulls, Jazz, Kings and Rockets. I think I will end up playing the Rockets however.

Good luck guys.

GOOD LUCK ALLY I have bet against the CAVS 3x during their streak and ...... well we both know the outcome of those games.

Well this is how I see it. Yes the Cavs have been on an unbelieveable streak, but in all honesty, who have they faced in their first 23 games. They've had one of the easiest schedules, and there should be no surprise that they beat teams the way they did.
They played 3 quality teams this season, Boston, Hornets and Detroit and lost all 3, and what you'll notice in those 3 games is the lock down defense they put on LBJ, forcing him to take jump shots in the 2nd half, because he was discouraged to go to the rim, and I don't trust his jumper on the road especially. On the road jump shots are hard to come by. They did beat Dallas, Denver and Utah, but Dallas was out of sync in the beginning, Denver just made the trade and Utah had injury issues.
Having said all that, it's quite evident that this team may seem to appear better than they are. Don't get me wrong, this team is an exellent team, and I already have a future on them to win the East, and I've made my share of profits backing the Cavs this season. I even backed them to beat Boston, Hornets and Detroit. That's how much I believe in this team, but tonight I just have to go the other way.
When I looked ahead at the schedule, I decided that tonight would be their first true test provided Atlanta was fully healthy, followed by perhaps Denver, Houston or Boston.
The Hawks on the other hand started the season well. They play good defense and they have a wide array of very good shooters in the starting lineup and on the bench. It's no surprise they are 7-1 at home. They played a tough 3 games out west against Dallas, Houston and San Antonio and were in all 3 games. They started off slow against the Heat last night but then just ran away with it in the second. That will be quite a confidence booster.
They have a very quick athletic team, with many options to guard LBJ, and they also clog the paint well. In addition their forwards can shoot the 3 as well, which will stretch the Cavs defense. Cleveland will miss Z tonight, as he takes a lot of space down low and is an excellent shooting threat.
They just need to take care of the ball and restrict LBJ in the open court. Will be a very good game to watch.
Another little trend I like is that I always back a team when they lose key players to injuries as the Cavs covered last night, and in the second game I fade them.
Every way I see it, I think I like the Hawks chances to win tonight. Hopefully I'm right.
Peace_5.gif

Back