NBA Saturday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Played Kobe prop (over 30.5) in my local for 8 units, I think he makes a statement tonight. Won't count it in my record since I can't find an online book that offers the same thing. I only found BoDog which offer over 31.5 for 1.74, not that appealing any more, since I got 1.90 at the local book.
Share that info if you know an online book that offers Kobe prop let me know, I'll include it in my record then.

About the Lakers. Hm, can't say I like the spot for them. It's not like the Wizz without Jamison are bound to lose, after all they beat the Pistons without Jamison (he played somewhat 6 minutes if I remember correctly), it is a revenge spot for the Lakers especially Kobe but I won't touch the game just the prop.

NY +5,5 (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

The Magic scored season high 119 last night, and outrebounded the Nets 47-22. Moreover, they dominated pretty much every area of the game, started the game well and kept pouring until the end. Nets had no presence in the paint last night whatsoever, and tonight Orlando will have a different task against a team that very much has solid interior. Lee, Frye and especially Eddy Curry, who isn't only a presence but also a rock distributor and a scorer. First of, I don't buy much into Magic engaging into a possible winning streak. Ok, they won yesterday, and did it in a convincing manner, but I wouldn't underestimate the Knicks. Magic can't count on someone else than the trio Turkoglu-Nelson-Howard doing the job up front since they have Hill, Dooling and Ariza out injured. The Knicks weren't the best road team so far but I see them stepping up tonight while the Magic should get back to Earth, after crushing the Nets.

More picks later on. GL boys and girls.:cheers:

How did I know you would be fading Orl here. Not sure I agree. Orl has been tough at home when it is playing well. Looking at the last 2 they are playing well now. The Knicks have some injury questions with Q , MArybury playing clearly at less then 100% and now Jefferies. Battie is the unknown variable for ORL at the moment.

As a NYer I dont underestimate the NYK. They started the year sucking @ MSg and playing well away since the fight that has reversed.

Good Luck here

Jazz (+11.5) (1.99 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

The Suns only needed to catch the Spurs off guard for 3 or 4 minutes to not only clinch the W, but to cover comfortably. It's ungrateful to fade the Suns, being SU or ATS it's the same story as they're eating up points like lollipops. However, the books might be a bit too respectful to the home team here, Utah have beaten Phoenix twice this season and deserve more respect. Ok that was during the Suns' 3-6 start to the season, so one could argue the Suns are all fired up for revenge here. However, it won't be that easy. Plus, this spread is a tad too big if you ask me, considering all the facts.
Also note that Phoenix were 0-6 to Western Conference' top teams prior to their route of the Spurs.
It seems Carlos Boozer's absence didn't affect Utah's boarding total as they thought it would. The main reason for that are the guys from Jazz' bench who stepped up when they were expected to. Namely, Paul Millsap and Rafa Araujo. Especially Millsap who seems to have turned into a solid presence inside the paint, and has connected well with his teammates. It doesn't mean Boozer's absence is a non factor, what it means is it's not as big as everyone expected it to be. Plus, the Jazz are well rested, and while everyone expects Phoenix to win by DD I think Jerry Sloan and his boys have more up their sleeves. Sloan knows how to play RNG teams, and I think Jazz stay in the game until late 4th, at least.

SportsNut, good points, but you gotta notice the different styles these two teams play (Nets without Krstic and Jefferson and Knicks). This isn't about me liking or disliking Orlando: I made solid profit fading them during their slide, and I'm not forcing the issue. At least I think I'm not.
The Knicks are a team of a different set up, they will be relying more on Curry and Crawford, while the Nets needed their small ball lineup to outrun the Magic and make minimal mistakes on the offense. Nothing of that happened. I think NYK has more options here. Not saying of course they're the better team, it's the spot I like. Plus Orlando shot somewhat 62% last night. I just don't see that happening tonight.
Loving the points hence the bet.

SportsNut, good points, but you gotta notice the different styles these two teams play (Nets without Krstic and Jefferson and Knicks). This isn't about me liking or disliking Orlando: I made solid profit fading them during their slide, and I'm not forcing the issue. At least I think I'm not.
The Knicks are a team of a different set up, they will be relying more on Curry and Crawford, while the Nets needed their small ball lineup to outrun the Magic and make minimal mistakes on the offense. Nothing of that happened. I think NYK has more options here. Not saying of course they're the better team, it's the spot I like. Plus Orlando shot somewhat 62% last night. I just don't see that happening tonight.
Loving the points hence the bet.

I dont think they play that different though. going back to what we said about Isiah after the loss vs Charlotte. The Knicks game can be slowed down to feature Curry in the post but really he gets alot of alley oops , putbacks and running the floor buckets compared to being feed in the post. Crawford and Carter have the same game with the difference being Crawford is a shooter and Vince is explosive. So Crawford drives to the lane and hits a shot jumper where Vince takes right to the hoop. Very similiar offensive style if you think about it.

The problem with the Nets was the simply will fall back to Earth after there great run. I am confident in that. Look at the last 2 games they have been smoked. The Magic are very streaky as a team look at there win patterns. The Knicks have not shown well in Orl in recent seasons and have now lost @ Char , @ Milw and @ Miami last 3 away... NYK is 3-6 ATS at +5.5 or less on the road...the wins Memphis , Boston and Seattle...I would venture to say ORL is better then all those teams and NYK is to cheap here.....should be at least 6.5 or better...

GL bro....simple difference in opinion....

Bryant 34 points already, yesss :cheers:

Knicks look good as well, and the Lakers seem to be doing the job for a lot of the guys here. :shake: :cheers:

SN, when I said "different styles" I probably expressed myself wrongly. I was aiming for the obvious difference in the rebound/inside play category. The depleted Nets are in free fall mode now, you were quicker than me to notice that, but it's no wonder really, since they don't have inside presence right now. The Knicks do. That's what I was aiming for here, I didn't think the Magic could've won b2b against two teams of different characteristics. Didn't really aim for the style or the tactics, just the lineup configuration.

The Knicks are up 15 now, and I wasn't waiting for that to happen to write it, I had to go offline like 5 secs after reading your post (went out with my gf for a couple of drinks with some friends) and got back just now, hence the late answer. Now when I look at it, I expected even more obvious boarding advantage to side with the Knicks, currently 36-28.

:shake:

Yep so far it is, hopefully Utah can cover so I can go 3/3, it's about time, after almost a whole week of slumping. Really rare situations for me to go on a free fall for 4,5 days. But hey, that's life for ya :D.

:shake:

Nope. Made 3 bets tonight: 8 units on Kobe over 30.5 (1.90), 5 units on Knicks+5,5 (1.94) and 4 on Utah +11,5 (1.99),also parlayed it all together. :D

That's it for tonight, no more plays for me tonight.

Back